Our Standards - quality assured
Open the door to any of our holiday homes across Cornwall and not only will you find a home to fall in love with but you can also expect to find the very highest of standards. It is as important to us that your holiday home is stylish and practical, as it is sparkling clean and reassuringly safe.
We hand-pick all of our homes and work with property owners to offer an exceptional home-from-home holiday experience in great locations and we strive to deliver the highest levels of compliance when it comes to safety standards. We go above and beyond legal standards and industry benchmarks to give you and your loved ones absolute peace of mind. Every Gem has the following:
- An annual quality assessment and follow up from our in-house assessor
- Annual PAT testing for all electrical appliances over one year of age
- Electrical Installation Condition report every five years
- Fire Risk Assessment (FRA) every two years
- Fire safety equipment is regularly inspected, including; fire alarms, carbon monoxide alarms, wall-mounted fire extinguishers on each floor, wall-mounted fire blanket and torches
- Annual Gas Safety Certificate (where applicable)
- Annual Chimney Sweeps (where applicable) and HETAS certificates for any solid fire systems (where applicable)
And… there are over 250 items on our quality standards essential items list which each and every Gem should provide. Every room in the house is well considered to ensure everything from a comfortable night’s sleep to a fully-equipped kitchen. When you’re packing for your holiday there’s no need to find room for hairdryers and extra pillows, and if you’re travelling with little ones then many of our baby-friendly properties include monitors, cots, stair gates, high chairs and plastic crockery too!
Once you’ve booked your holiday with us you can look forward to a warm Cornish Gems welcome. We include everything to get you started including tea, bread, eggs, butter and oil and some yummy special treats too, including Cornish chocolate and fresh coffee. And if you’re travelling with your pooch, expect a paw-some welcome in any one of our dog-friendly Gems. Please note, welcome contents can vary.
We look forward to welcoming you to Cornwall. For more information about what to expect as a Cornish Gems’ guest please see the The Gems Way.