One of St Ives most iconic properties, Cornish Gems are delighted to welcome the long-awaited Sunset House, on the beach at popular Porthmeor, St Ives. This stunning home has recently been transformed into a modern day beach house and is not to be missed! The understated luxury of this home embraces the location and invites guests to check-in and immerse themselves in the Cornish elements as the tide ebbs and flows from sun-up to sundown. Sunset House offers luxury accommodation for up to 8 guests within 4 sea view ensuite bedrooms making it the perfect backdrop for family escapes, friends get-togethers and those magical celebratory occasions to remember. Spacious social areas seem to float above the beach offering panoramic coastal views from every turn. Holiday days are spent hopping from home to seashore, cooling off in the surf and living the very best beach-life. With a central St Ives location, wander to the harbour in moments, dine in some of the counties most tempting cafes and bars, take boat trips around the bay and discover why St Ives is the jewel in Cornwall's crown.
Cornish Gems are thrilled to welcome Sunset House, St Ives - this long-awaited iconic house right on the beach at Porthmeor beach is not to be missed
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
Sunset House is a newly renovated home set over three floors with a plum location on Porthmeor beach. Step inside and descend down into the hub of the house, the large open plan living, dining and kitchen areas which are flooded with natural light from the floor to ceiling glass windows, perfectly framing the stunning sea and sand views beyond. With a fresh coastal interior design, think pared back beach style and healthy dose of the vitamin sea at every turn. The kitchen is a modern sleek design offering all you need to enjoy the finest Cornish culinary menus from hearty brunches to fine celebratory dinners. The dining table offers a persuasive stay at home option for the perfect 'table with a view'. The spacious living area is relaxed and versatile, slide back the glass doors to extend the space onto the beach-bleached terrace or hunker down as the winter winds whip up the surf. A practical utility room is located just off the kitchen where your beach kit can be stowed. Ascend the open-tread stairs to the first floor and two of the ensuite bedrooms (master and bedroom three) before climbing again to the second floor for bedrooms two and four. Each bedroom is no less considered with the finest beds and bedding, glorious sea views and indulgent bathrooms.
On Your Doorstep
Sliding back the full height glass doors from the living area extends your holiday footprint onto the terrace, your very own private space above the comings and goings of beach life below. Enjoy breakfast alfresco, coffee and cake before cocktails as the sun goes down. Flip between sea swims and the terrace for the ultimate Cornish holiday. If you can bear to leave the oasis of Sunset House then immerse yourself in the hubbub of beautiful St Ives where traditional cottage-lined streets lead to the harbour, to the plethora of boutique shops and galleries and to the collection of sandy beaches that flank the town including Porthminster, Bamaluz and Porthgwidden each offering crystal clear waters. Porthmeor beach is quite literally a skip away and attracts the local surfers making the most of the swells. The west of Cornwall is easily accessed and well worth exploring as the coast road leads down towards Sennen, Porthcurno, St Just and Land's End.
If you dream of those oh so carefree holiday days wrapped up in Cornish Gems luxury then check-in to Sunset House, St Ives and create everlasting memories beside the sea.
- Slight gentle slope from the parking to the front door.
- Level access from the inside onto the terrace.
- There are 28 internal open tred stairs. The house is set over 3 floors.
- Choose from four luxury ensuite bedrooms located across the 1st and 2nd floors, each enjoying wonderful sea views
- Master bedroom one: 1st floor: King bed, built in clothes storage, Smart TV with Soundbar, Dolce Gusto coffee machine for capsules, corner glass window overlooking the beach, electric frosted windows
- Bedroom two: 2nd floor: King bed, built in clothes storage, Velux windows
- Bedroom three: 1st floor: Super king zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin if required) built in clothes storage, Juliette balcony overlooking the beach
- Bedroom four: 2nd floor: Super king zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin if required), built in clothes storage, Juliette balcony overlooking the beach
- Four ensuite contemporary bathrooms
- Bedroom one: freestanding bath with hand-held shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom two: walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom three: walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom four: freestanding bath, walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Cloakroom within the hallway with wash hand basin and WC
- A modern fully fiitted kitchen with state of the art appliances
- Neff slide and hide double oven
- Induction hob
- Full height fridge
- Full height freezer
- Dolce Gusto coffee machine for capsules
- Breakfast bar with stools
- A separate utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- A light filled spacious living room located on the ground floor, open plan with the dining and kitchen areas
- Ample relaxed seating overlooking the sea
- Smart TV - whilst terrestrial TV is not available, guests can live stream via individual channel apps
- Full height glass windows with doors leading onto the sea facing terrace
- Large dining table and chairs
- Sonos throughout
- Luxury linens and towels
- Baby friendly - what's included
- Pet free
- Wrap around terrace
- Outside dining table
- Sun loungers
- On the beach location
- Travel cot
- Private allocated parking for 2 small to medium cars on the drive
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore St Ives and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.