As a customer-focused business, we are committed to monitoring the latest government advice surrounding Covid-19, to reassure our guests, employees and property owners and to provide clear guidelines during these uncertain times.
We hope the following frequently asked questions relating to Covid-19 will help to guide you through any government restrictions and provide you with some clarity regarding any future booking with Cornish Gems.
FAQs: Updated 20 July 2021
We are now facilitating bookings in line with the government guidelines. We are continuing to take new bookings for 2021 and 2022, please refer to our booking terms.
Book with confidence with our Gems Guarantee - find out more
Q: What are the COVID-19 rules surrounding holiday accommodation occupancy?
There are currently no rules regarding multi households or number of guests staying.
Q: What is your Covid cancellation policy?
In the circumstances you have had to cancel your holiday due to a local lockdown preventing you from traveling or any public health measures relating to Covid, we will refund all monies (minus any costs incurred) or move your booking to an alternative date.
Please note, if you are unable to stay due to the following reasons, our standard cancellation policy will apply and we recommend you refer to your holiday insurer:
- If you or a member of your party are diagnosed with Covid-19 within 14 days of your arrival date.
- If you or a member of your party is quarantined or has been asked to self-isolate either by the track and trace process or a medical practitioner.
- If you or a member of your party is denied boarding as a result of failing pre-boarding Covid-19 checks and such transport was required for you to stay in the property.
Important: please see the question below regarding holiday insurance.
Q: Should I take out holiday insurance?
Whilst in these uncertain times we have introduced a more flexible cancellation policy, we do continue to strongly recommend you consider taking out a suitable insurance product to cover against unexpected costs such as cancellation charges, curtailment or delay to your stay and that such cover includes adverse weather conditions, illness affecting you or any member of your booking party, transportation cancellations which may prevent you from travelling to or staying at the Property.
In addition to this, we also strongly recommend you take out insurance to cover the below eventualities as these will not be covered under our Covid-19 cancellation policy;
- If you or a member of your booking party is diagnosed with COVID-19 within 10 days of the agreed check-in date (or hospitalised within 28 days of the agreed check-in date); or
- If you or a member of your booking party is quarantined on the advice of a treating medical practitioner or self-isolating as a result of a personally received track and trace notification; or
- If you or a member of your booking party is denied boarding on booked transport by a public transport carrier as a result of failing pre-boarding COVID-19 checks and such transport was required for you to stay at the property.
Q: What are the check in and check out times?
From the 1 November, we will revert to our normal check in times: Check in at 4.30pm*, check out at 10am. (*some Gems may be earlier)
We continue to mitigate the risk for our teams and guests.
Q: Will I need to do track and trace on arrival?
Yes, we ask that all members of the party download the NHS Covid-19 App ready to scan the NHS track and trace QR code that will be in the property for your arrival.
Q: Will I receive a welcome hamper on arrival?
Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.