FAQ Update: January 2021
As a customer-focused business, we are committed to monitoring the latest government advice surrounding Covid-19, to reassure our guests, employees and property owners and to provide clear guidelines during these uncertain times.
We hope the following frequently asked questions relating to Covid-19 will help to guide you through the latest government restrictions and provide you with some clarity regarding any future booking with Cornish Gems.
FAQs: Updated 5 January 2021
The UK is now in a national lockdown which is predicted to run through until late February. Cornish Gems will not be facilitating any existing or new bookings during this time and our travel advisors will be contacting those guests that are affected with the options available. We are continuing to take new bookings from the 1st March, please refer to our booking terms
Book with confidence with our Gems Guarantee - find out more
Q: What is your Covid cancellation policy?
In the circumstances you have had to cancel your holiday due to a local lockdown preventing you from traveling or any public health measures relating to Covid, we will refund all monies (minus any costs incurred) or move your booking to an alternative date.
Please note, if you are unable to stay due to the following reasons, our standard cancellation policy will apply and we recommend you refer to your holiday insurer:
- If you or a member of your party are diagnosed with Covid-19 within 14 days of your arrival date.
- If you or a member of your party is quarantined or has been asked to self-isolate either by the track and trace process or a medical practitioner.
- If you or a member of your party is denied boarding as a result of failing pre-boarding Covid-19 checks and such transport was required for you to stay in the property.
Important: please see the question below regarding holiday insurance.
Q: Should I take out holiday insurance?
Whilst in these uncertain times we have introduced a more flexible cancellation policy, we do continue to strongly recommend you consider taking out a suitable insurance product to cover against unexpected costs such as cancellation charges, curtailment or delay to your stay and that such cover includes adverse weather conditions, illness affecting you or any member of your booking party, transportation cancellations which may prevent you from travelling to or staying at the Property.
In addition to this, we also strongly recommend you take out insurance to cover the below eventualities as these will not be covered under our Covid-19 cancellation policy;
- If you or a member of your booking party is diagnosed with COVID-19 within 10 days of the agreed check-in date (or hospitalised within 28 days of the agreed check-in date); or
- If you or a member of your booking party is quarantined on the advice of a treating medical practitioner or self-isolating as a result of a personally received track and trace notification; or
- If you or a member of your booking party is denied boarding on booked transport by a public transport carrier as a result of failing pre-boarding COVID-19 checks and such transport was required for you to stay at the property.
Q: If the tier system is implemented again, how will this affect my booking.
We will continue to monitor the tier rules, a summary is provided below:
If your booking is more than 2 weeks away, please await the fortnightly announcement. Any outstanding balance should still be settled. Should your booking be affected because your area will be in a tier 2, 3 or 4 area for your holiday dates then you will be able to defer your holiday or be entitled to cancel with a refund as per our cancellation policy.
Q: What are the check in and check out times?
Check in at 6pm, check out at 9am.
Whilst operating under COVID-19 guidelines, to ensure we have adequate time to prepare your property, it is necessary for us to alter the arrival and departure times. We kindly ask for your understanding at this challenging time where our team and support partners are working in unprecedented circumstances, trying to mitigate risk for themselves and guests.
Q: Will I need to do track and trace on arrival?
Yes, we ask that all members of the party download the NHS Covid-19 App ready to scan the NHS track and trace QR code that will be in the property for your arrival.
Q: Will I receive a welcome hamper on arrival?
Following the guidance from recently undertaken covid-19 risk assessments, we have been advised that we should avoid adding a welcome pack/hamper full of items procured from multiple sources that requires a number of people to pack. Please refer to your online Gems account for further information if you have an existing booking in place. We have introduced a voucher scheme for all guests.