Follow the winding verdant green lanes through south Cornwall and arrive at the tranquil oasis of Alta, an extra-special home where halcyon holiday days are re-captured and lasting memories are made. Set high above the creeks and inlets of the Helford River, the gateway to The Lizard Peninsula, Alta includes five beautiful bedrooms, four contemporary bathrooms and offers generous social spaces. Lead onto the seaward south facing terrace and immerse yourself in the glorious 1.5 acres of established Cornish garden complete with a large lawn, six seater Jacuzzi, sunken fire pit, private garden annex and games room. The 180 degree unrivalled views sweep from Polweveral creek, across fields to the peninsula and the shimmering sea in the distance. From your holiday door, the unspoilt magic of Cornwall awaits with Port Navas and Helford Passage a short drive away and the larger maritime town of Falmouth just waiting to be explored, just a 10 minute drive to the beaches of Maenporth, Swanpool and Gyllyngvase. Click here to view the walk through tour of Alta.
We had the most wonderful week staying at this stunning property. Could not have asked for more, the gardens are stunning and the views are incredible. Very well equipped and full of fun things to do. We will definitely go back.
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
- Hot Tub
Alta is a beautiful timber clad house set over two floors and is nestled in a rolling 1.5 acres of stunning garden. Tucked away behind the electric wooden gates, the house is set to impress on arrival as the unique location and serenity are revealed. Arrive into the central hallway, a light filled full height space with a central staircase. Lead into the hub to the home, the open plan kitchen and dining space where lip-smacking holiday menus are prepared and dining is enjoyed around the table from breakfast to supper time. Cornwall is firmly on the foodie map and local farm shops are never far away offering the freshest and best of home-grown Cornish produce. Located just off the kitchen is convenient utility come boot room where supplies and holiday kit can be stowed away. Lead back across the sunny hallway and into the generous living room with full height glass doors capturing the blue and green views. This versatile space is as perfect for pre-dinner drinks or lazy afternoons as it is a play area for children to escape the adult chit-chat. Ascend the open-tread stairs to the first floor and discover a collection of four luxury bedrooms each with a unique decor style and promising a good night's sleep under the softest of linens. Alta offers two master suites each with a south facing balcony and ensuite bathrooms. On the same floor resides the cosy snug, a space where children can giggle away winter evenings together. The fifth bedroom is set apart from the house, a luxury self-contained annex just a few metres from the house and nestled amongst the fir trees. The annex offers a generous bedroom, contemporary wet room, a small kitchenette and relaxing sitting space.
On Your Doorstep
The envy of any budding botanist, the garden at Alta is simply magical. Blooming camellias, tall fir trees, Cornish botanicals and a rewilded area combine to create a natural playground that children and adults alike can explore. Pathways and pockets of garden lead down past the sunken fire pit to the large flat lawn where family cricket tournaments are the order of a sunny day. From the house, slide open the full height doors from the kitchen and living spaces and step out onto the terrace to dine, soak up the 180 degree views and immerse yourself in the fresh air from sunup to sunset. For the ultimate luxury, the six seater Jacuzzi has been perfectly placed to gaze down across the garden the river views beyond and, with zero light pollution, you can stargaze into the evening from your bubbling bliss. An additional sofa seating area resides next to the jacuzzi creating a very tempting pre-dinner cocktail or morning coffee spot. The garage at Alta has been transformed to a wonderful games room come gym with selection of weights, table tennis, bean bags - a great space for children to escape the adult chat. If you can bear to leave the holiday zen for a few hours then step out into one of counties most beautiful corners. The Helford river is known the world over for its sheltered waters and nautical appeal as boats of all sizes anchor overnight before heading out across Falmouth Bay. If watersports are on the agenda then kayak or paddleboard up hidden creeks teeming with birdlife or wild swim in all seasons at Polweveral creek. In under 15 minutes drive from Alta are a collection of quieter beaches including Grebe and Bosohan, both wonderful spots for a family picnic and dog-friendly too. The larger sandy shores of Maenporth, Swanpool and Gyllyngvase beaches are just a 10 minute drive away offering azure clear waters and tempting cafes and restaurants including Michael Caines 'The Cove' at Maenporth, Hooked on the Rocks at Swanpool and Gyllyngvase Beach Cafe, right on the beach! A popular spot for walkers, photographers and coastal adventurers is Kynance Cove, a 25 minute drive away. This picture-perfect spot has been listed amongst the top 10 beaches in the world - well worth a visit.
Alta has been expertly curated and comes highly recommended to friends and family looking to enjoy a peaceful and memorable holiday in beautiful south Cornwall.
- There is level access to the front door of the house. There are 2 steps up to the garden annex.
- Level access from the inside onto the terrace. The garden is terraced down to the level lawn.
- One internal flight of 14 open tread stairs with handrail.
- Choose from 5 luxury bedrooms - 4 in the main house and 1 within the garden annex
- Garden annex: ground floor: King bed, garden views
- Master bedroom one: 1st floor: Super king bed, garden views, balcony, ensuite
- Master bedroom two: 1st floor: Super king zip/link bed (this can be set as a twin if required), garden views, balcony, ensuite
- Bedroom three: 1st floor: Super king zip/link bed (this can be set as a twin if required), balcony
- Bedroom four: 1st floor: King zip/link bed (this can be set as twin if required)
- Master bedroom one: ensuite bath, separate shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Master bedroom two: ensuite bath, separate shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Family bathroom: 1st floor: bath, walk in shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
- Garden annex: large walk in shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- A large light filled modern fully fitted kitchen
- Energy efficient Rangemaster electric oven and induction hob
- Built in microwave
- Large fridge/freezer
- Nespresso coffee machine for coffee pods
- Log burner
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, air dryer, iron with ironing board
Garden annex kitchenette:
- Electric oven and induction hob
- Fridge with small freezer compartment
- Kettle and toaster
Living and Dining
- A spacious living room with views of the garden and river
- Ample seating for all
- Large Smart TV
- Log burner
- Large dining table and chairs set within the kitchen area
- Seperate snug room
- The garden annex offers comfortable seating for for, TV and log burner
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Air source heat pump
- Underfloor heating
- Solar panels
- Baby friendly - what's included
- Outside dining table and chairs
- 6 seater Jacuzzi with beautiful views
- Water is sourced from a bore hole (helping to mitigate the water usage for the hot tub)
- Sunken fire pit with built in seating
- Weber gas BBQ
- Games room with the garage with exersize mats, weights, bean bags, table tennis and a darts board
- Up to 2 dogs welcomed, the garden is secured with a main gate, walled and hedged boundary
- Travel cot
- Stairgates x 2
- Private electric gated parking for up to 8-10 cars
- The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the property owner. Please note that a full midstay clean is not available during 2 week bookings however fresh towels and linen will be provided.
- Welcome gift includes: Baker Tom scones, milk, Smuggler's tea, Smuggler's ground coffee, Boddington's jam, Rodda's clotted cream, Cornish shortbread, 1 dozen eggs, Trewithen butter, Vicky's bread, flowers and more.
What to Expect
Explore Falmouth / Flushing / Helford and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.