An outstanding coastal home overlooking Cadgwith Cove
Live a very Cornish holiday life and open the door to Bodrigy, an extra special holiday home set high above the postcard-perfect fishing cove of Cadgwith on the Lizard Peninsula and offering some of the most stunning seascapes in Cornwall. This wonderful family home has been thoughtfully created for holiday life to seamlessly flip from lazy afternoons on the lawn to local explorations of this magical corner of the county to gatherings around the table enjoying good food and family time. Six bedrooms and six bathrooms offer spacious accommodation for up to 12 guests whilst the ground floor living, dining, games and kitchen areas ensure room for all guests to spread out and feel right at home. Lead into the established garden where games are played and al fresco dining enjoyed against the jackpot views of Cadgwith Cove and beyond to the horizon. Soak in the hot tub overlooking the water. If you are new to exploring the Lizard Peninsula or it has long been a favourite destination, Bodrigy warmly welcomes friends and family whatever the occasion and whatever the season.
Glorious stay in a fantastic home. Beautiful views, easy access to the village and friendly local pub. The coastal path is at the end of the garden, so you don't even have to drive to start your hike. The home has all mod-cons and plenty of space with a wonderful kitchen to prepare the fish and lobster that you can buy straight from the harbour below. All in all a fantastic experience!
- Child Friendly
- Dog Friendly
- Disabled Access
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
- Hot Tub
Follow the rural track and arrive at Bodrigy, a striking coastal house with apex windows to frame the ever-changing views of Cadgwith Cove. Once inside, arrive to a central hallway and lead straight into the heart of the house, the large open plan dining, living and kitchen space. The relaxed seating area is as appealing in the Winter with a crackling fire as those balmy Summer stays where the large comfortable sofa offers a haven after a day of exploring the area. The modern kitchen is packed with all you could need to feed the gang and get creative using the freshest of local seafood plucked straight from the bay. The large dining table ensures a persuasive stay at home option as friends and family gather around and catch up over good food and good conversation. Children will enjoy the freedom of the games room setting up family darts tournaments and table football leagues. The first of six bedrooms (Kennack) is located on the ground floor and can be set as a double or twin to create a flexible option be it older children or grandparents, for example. Climb the central staircase to the first floor and collection of 5 further bedrooms each named after local villages. With 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, forget those queues in the morning as the house gets ready for the day ahead. A family bathroom completes the first floor layout.
On Your Doorstep
There can surely be no better location for a memorable coastal holiday as Bodrigy proudly sits high above the ebb and flow of life in Cadgwith Cove. Throw open the doors and spill out into the garden that blooms with colour and scent throughout the spring and summer. The verdant lawn stretches to the cliff edge where children and dogs alike can run free, a newly created Boules Court invites the whole group to partake. Bodrigy offers ample outside dining furniture so fire up the BBQ and enjoy al fresco dining in true Cornish style. A bubbling 7 seater hot tub is perfectly placed to capture those stunning sea views. Wander from your garden gate, onto the South West Coast Path and down into Cadgwith, a quintessential fishing cove packed with charm and local characters. There is a small local shop for daily essentials, pop in to The Cadgwith Cove Inn for a warm welcome and local pint and supper and pick up the freshest Cornish crab landed that day. Walkers in the party will enjoy the miles of South West Coast Path leading along some of Cornwall's most striking scenery. At high tide, the clear water tempts wild sea swimmers in the sheltered cove or head to Kynance Cove, a popular National Trust spot, and dive into the world renowned azure sea. The Lizard Peninsula has so many beautiful areas to explore including Coverack, Kennack Sands and, of course, the iconic lighthouse marking Cornwall's most Southerly point. From hidden gems off the beaten track to landmarks of the area, dive right into your guide books and discover the magic of the The Lizard Peninsula.
Bodrigy comes highly recommended by the Cornish Gems team and can be enjoyed throughout the year be it celebratory weekend or extended Summer stays.
- There is a gentle slope down from the parking area to the house. There is one step inside.
- Bodrigy is at the end of an unmade lane which may be unsuitable for low vehicles.
- The garden is level from the house and stone steps lead down to a lower grassed area and boules court.
- One internal flight of stairs.
- Choose from 6 bedrooms set over the first and second floors and named after locations on the Lizard Peninsula.
- Master bedroom (Manaccan): 1st floor. Superking bed, clothes storage, hairdryer, dressing area, balcony with sea views, ensuite shower room
- Bedroom two (Coverack): 1st floor. Superking bed, clothes storage, hairdryer, sea views, ensuite
- Bedroom three (Kynance): 1st floor. Superking bed, clothes storage, hairdryer, sea views, ensuite
- Bedroom four (Mullion): 1st floor. Superking zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin, if preferred), clothes storage, hairdryer
- Bedroom five (Mawgan): 1st floor. Superking bed, clothes storage, hairdryer, sea views, ensuite
- Bedroom six (Kennack): Ground floor. Superking zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin, if preferred), clothes storage, hairdryer, 21" TV, ensuite
- Master bedroom: ensuite shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom two: ensuite shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Family bathroom: Bath, seperate shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom three: ensuite shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom five: ensuite shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom six: ensuite shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
- A modern built-in kitchen with all the kitchenalia you could need for holiday cooking
- Double electric oven
- Electric hobs
- Large fridge
- Additional under counter fridge
- Large freezer
- 2 wine fridges
- Additional slimline dishwasher within the utility room
- DeLonghi Maginifica cofee machine which takes coffee beans or ground coffee
- 2 x 4 slice toaster
- Smart TV
- Utilities include 2 x washing machines, 1 x tumble dryer, iron with ironing board, clothes line
Living and Dining
- A wonderful large living room with space for all
- Large corner sofa
- Traditional log burner
- 49" Smart TV
- Blueray DVD player
- Sony sound bar
- Bose speaks with bluetooth connection
- Additional games room/children's playroom with pool table, darts, table football, collection of books and games, TV and Blueray DVD
- Large wooden dining table with seating for 12 guests
- Baby friendly - what's included
- Wireless Broadband WiFi
- Outside garden furniture
- 9.5m Boules Court
- Private off-road parking for up to 8 cars
- Up to 2 well behaved dogs are welcomed. House rules and a pet supplement is applicable
- Double brick charcoal BBQ - a starter pack of charcoal and fire lighters are provided
- 2 travel cots
- 2 highchairs
- Bubbling 7 seater hot tub - please note that the water in the hot tub will be changed for each new guest arrival and therefore may take a few hours to come back up to temperature.
- Logs for the log burner are provided from 1st October to 31 March
- The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Welcome gift includes: Bread, butter, semi-skimmed milk, 12 scones, Boddingtons jam, 2 x clotted cream, Cornish tea bags, Cornish coffee, 12 local eggs, shortbread biscuits, Cornish blue cheese, Davidstow cheddar and cheese biscuits, supplied from Treleague Farm, a 4 minute drive from the property.
What to Expect
Explore Mullion / Cadgwith / Coverack and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.