Experience unique luxury in the heart of stylish Lostwithiel
Set in the heart of stylish Lostwithiel, South Cornwall, grade II listed Boseglos House is no ordinary home. Originally a mid 18th century cottage, this landmark house has been sensitively renovated to present first class luxury living for up to 8 guests. The Gothic revival extension of the property was completed in the mid 1800's by the architect GE Street who was a pupil of William Morris and also designed the Royal Courts of Justice in the Strand, London. A beguiling mix of opulent fabrics, country kitchen chic and indulgent boutique bedrooms await behind your holiday door. Step out and explore the characterful town of Lostwithiel, one of Cornwall's best kept secrets with an intriguing collection of antique and decorative interior shops, cool cafes, restaurants and pubs. The central location in the county ensures easy access to nearby Fowey and Charlestown, the sandy beaches of St Austell Bay and rural Bodmin moor. A private annex for two can easily be created.
Boseglos House is a stunning property, perfectly located in the beautiful and friendly Lostwithiel. It is very well-eqipped and really spacious, with nice outdoor space.
- Wood Burner
The original facade and Gothic features of Boseglos House (meaning home by the church) certainly make a wonderful impression upon arrival. Arrive into a central hallway and heart of the house. The more formal living room offers a modern mix of luxury comfort amidst the striking original features. This indulgent room welcomes pre-dinner drinks or offers a slice of serenity away from the bustle of kitchen life. The country kitchen will be the envy of any budding chef, step into this light and welcoming room with stripped wood floor boards and stylish contrasting glass dining table. From breakfast to bedtime, gather around and reconnect as a family and as friends over good food, good wine and good conversation. The hallway leads into a further relaxed living space with oh so stylish decor and cosy log burner for those cooler months. A central staircase leads to the first floor landing and collection of four very beautiful and spacious bedrooms. Each bedroom has been personally styled with the creative flair of the owner from soft romantic whites, coastal blues and yellow golds to the bespoke antique furniture and original artwork. Bedroom two offers a private reading room offering a private self contained area. The bathrooms are no less considered with a vintage yet luxury ambience.
On Your Doorstep
There are two outside spaces at Boseglos House, tucked away to the rear is a suntrap walled courtyard complete with dining table and chairs and relaxed all weather sofa and chairs. Enjoy a lazy breakfast and plan your day ahead or soak up the Cornish sunshine with a good book. To the front of the house is an enclosed gravelled garden with larger dining table and bench style seating, watch Lostwithiel life go by. Boseglos House is an iconic landmark plum in the centre of this rather special town beside the River Fowey. Guests will enjoy the luxury of location as you pop out for the morning paper and freshly brewed coffee, stroll along the riverbank enjoying the picture perfect setting or dine in style at one of the restaurants. The warm and friendly community welcome visitors year round who spend the day exploring the antique shops, you never know what you might find! The River Fowey really is a water babies playground, children can safely paddle in the shallow waters by the stone bridge or head up the winding river by kayak to enjoy a seabirds view of this magical waterway. If sailing is a family favourite pastime then head to nearby Fowey for a nautical adventure, choose to hire your own motor or sailing boat or join an experienced crew out and about in the bay. Restormel Castle in Lostwithiel is packed with history or enjoy Lanhydrock House, a gem in the National Trust attractions. The Roseland Peninsula offers a quieter taste of Cornwall and is well worth exploring, the beaches of Pendower, Gorran Haven and St Mawes are all within easy access. Have you experienced the North Coast? a hop over to the other side showcases Cornwall's diverse seascapes with high cliffs and rolling surf.
However you choose to holiday, Boseglos House ensures a unique and memorable backdrop to your luxury stay in Cornwall.
- 2 shallow steps to front door. Parking is within a a garage located approx 200 yards from the property, please note there is a slope into the garage so please drive slowly.
- Level access to rear courtyard, 2 shallow steps to front garden
- There are 2 staircases within the house, the main staircase with hand rail, butlers staircase with hand rail.
- Choose from four beautifully spacious bedrooms set across the first floor landing
- Master bedroom: Super king, bedside tables with lamps, ample clothes storage, 48" Smart TV, window seat, feature relaxed chair, hairdryer, ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom two: Super king zip/lock, bedside tables with lamps, ample clothes storage, 32" Smart TV, hairdryer, separate reading room with relaxed armchairs and desk
- Bedroom three: Super king zip/lock, bedside tables with lamps, ample clothes storage, 24" TV, hairdryer, chair
- Bedroom four: Double bed, bedside tables with lamps, ample clothes storage, 24" TV, hairdryer, chair
- Master bedroom: Ensuite bath with over the bath shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Family bathroom: First floor, deep bath with over the bath shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Ground floor shower room: shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- A beautiful country style fully fitted kitchen
- Electric fan oven
- Induction hob
- Large fridge/freezer (3 drawers)
- Utilities include: washing machine, iron with ironing board
- The dining area is set within the kitchen with stylish glass topped table and 8 dinng chairs
There are 2 separate living spaces on the ground floor:
- Formal living space
- 4 seater sofa
- Crushed velvet corner chair
- Glass coffee table
- 40" Smart TV with Freeview
- Relaxed living space
- 4 seater sofa
- Coffee table
- Traditional log burner
- 48" Smart TV with Freeview
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Travel cot
- Allocated garage parking for 2 cars located approx 2 minutes from the front door
- 2 outside dining spaces, a paved courtyard and also a gravelled terrace to the front of the house.
- Secure storage space for bikes, kayaks etc
- Pet free
- The regular sound of Church bells can be heard throughout the day and night.
- The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Welcome gift includes : Tregothnan Tea, Tregothnan housekeeper biscuits, punnet of strawberries, Cornish clotted cream, Cornish milk, Cornish tea, Cornish yoghurt, 6 Cornish eggs, Cornish butter, Cornish Yarg cheese or bacon, bottled spring water, Origin coffee, bread and more.
Explore Lostwithiel / Lanhydrock and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage