An exquisite nature inspired retreat created for two
Stay amongst the beautiful oasis of Boslagen as it seamlessly blends back into nature and appears as if romantically floating on its own natural pond. A dreamy setting inspired by the owner whose focus on low-carbon and sustainable options complemented her passion to provide an exquisite holiday experience like no other. This architecturally inspiring pavilion offers a generous space for couples to call home for a while. Dressed in the very best fabrics and furnishings, the ensuite bedroom and open plan living, kitchen and dining spaces embrace the orchard, meadow and woodland views from the full height glass walls. A wrap around veranda floats over the water where guests can while away the evenings and soak in the outdoor, sit up Japanese bath for two. The playground of north Cornwall is a short trip away, waiting to host adventurous souls or those looking to embrace a slower pace of Cornish life. Boslagen has been created for adults only, no babes in arms . **Additional exterior images to follow early autumn**
Beautiful, romantic and unusual property. Great attention to detail.
- Wood Burner
- Hot Tub
Step over the footbridge and arrive at Boslagen, a single-storey glass pavilion surrounded by the still waters of the natural pond. Once inside, the Cornish light and serene spaces combine to evoke a feeling of calm and wellbeing. Taking cues from nature, an organic inspired interior palette is complemented with the finest furnishings including new, repurposed and antiques for an individual aesthetic. The romantic bedroom is as appealing as any boutique hotel with beautiful linens and the green views of the meadow and surrounding woodlands. Reeds and grasses edge the natural pond and the water reflects on the roof of your room for complete harmony. The contemporary bathroom inlcudes a walk in drench shower, a separate WC with glass ceiling and Osborne and Little 'Lamorran' wallpaper. Open the bathroom door and step onto the deck where the outdoor bath sits over the pond - the perfect al fresco pamper experience. The open plan living, kitchen and dining space has been designed for two guests to while away the days whether quiet time with a book, a Cornwall base from which to explore or even perhaps a space to work away from home.
On Your Doorstep
The benefits of a waterside view are well documented; a sense of calm, the meditative appeal of rippling water, a tonic for the soul. Set over the pond, the veranda of Boslagen wraps around the pavilion to give pockets of seating from which to gaze on the water and follow the Cornish sun. The natural pond is an ecosystem of its own where native reeds and grasses, frogs and other pond dwellers can be seen and, in time, the local Moorhens will no doubt call this water-idyl home too. Squish together on the oversized sun cushions, share a local bottle of wine and dine at the bistro table. Wander barefoot in the wild flower meadow, pick orchard fruits in the summer and enjoy the green spaces from your holiday door. Boslagen offers a plum location for north Cornwall adventures. Surfing, swimming, kayaking, walking can all be part of your holiday agenda and when it comes to places to eat, Cornwall is blessed with some lip-smacking options from beachside pop-ups to fine dining. Stylish Padstow, characterful Port Isaac, the wild beaches of the Seven Bays, Daymer and Polzeath await.
Boslagen is very special indeed and welcomes couples to embrace a little Cornish zen and luxury, whatever the occasion, whatever the season.
- From the parking area there is a gentle slope down to the front door.
- Level access from the inside onto the veranda.
- There are no internal steps or stairs.
- Superking bed
- 43 inch Smart TV
- Built in clothes storage
- Panoramic woodland views
- Ensuite bathroom
- Walk in rain shower with additional hand-held shower
- Wash hand basin
- Outdoor bath, using water sourced from bore-holes, located a step from the bathroom, overlooking the pond and meadow
- Energy efficient electric oven
- Induction hob
- 2 under counter fridges, one with a small freezer box
- Bean to cup coffee machine
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- Corner sofa
- 50 inch Smart TV
- Coffee table
- Log burner
- Built-in desk space with USB ports
- Breakfast bar with 2 stools and fold up dining table
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Full fibre superfast broadband at 150 MBS
- Pet free
- Outside relaxed seating
- Outside bar
- Allocated off-road parking for one car
- EV charger
- Water Source Heat Pump and underfloor heating
- Landscaped with primarily native species
- Green roof and solar panels coming soon.
- The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Welcome gift includes : Cornish Gems bag, Cornish milk, Cornish butter, Cornish free range eggs (six), Tregothnan housekeepers biscuits, Tregothnan mixed black tea box, bottled spring water, a locally made cake, Cornish Tea and sugar sachets, flowers from the cutting beds when in season, artisan bread.
- Boslagen is located towards the bottom of the orchard where road noise can often be heard during busier times
- The pond is fed by naturally occurring spring, so levels will vary depending upon season, water flow, water table evaporation rates and similar.
- Please note that barbecues are not permitted at this property.
Explore Padstow / Trevone / Wadebridge and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.