Cob Barn Padstow / Trevone / Wadebridge
- Sleeps 2
- Bedrooms 1
- Bathrooms 1
A warm Cornish welcome awaits at Cob Barn, a lovely country cottage combining rural charm with first class luxury. Beautifully renovated utilizing repurposed materials, this eco-conscious holiday home for two sets the scene for a memorable stay; from lazy summer days, cosy winter weekends to adventures on the coast. Cob Barn is located in a plum position with the golden sand beaches of North Cornwall, the cosmopolitan harbour town of Padstow and market town of Wadebridge all within easy access. Cob Barn was awarded Green Tourism Gold award in 2019, and lends itself to a back to nature escape. The property is more suited to babes in arms.
A beautiful property in a secluded spot. Everything was clean and of good quality. A home from home - very comfortable and cosy. Would absolutely recommend.
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
- Hot Tub
Follow the country driveway to a peaceful and attractive oasis located just outside of the market town of Wadebridge and the gateway to both Padstow and Rock. Cob Barn was once a forgotten stone outhouse but has recently been transformed to a luxury split level cottage combining thoughtful style and country-chic with original period features and charm. Arrive to a welcome hallway with ample hooks for your country wear from overcoats to sun hats, leading into the hub of the cottage and the open plan living, dining and kitchen spaces. The kitchen is fully fitted and comes well equipped with all you need to prepare your holiday menu, Cornwall is firmly on the foodie map and local award winning butchers, bakers and farm shops are nearby for inspiration. The bistro style dining table is perfectly placed for a meal for two, be it milestone celebrations or lazy breakfasts. The spacious living area oozes style with a large comfortable sofa, state of the art Smart TV and inspiring colour palette of mustard yellows, coppers and soft greys. A cloakroom completes the ground floor layout. The beautiful natural stone flooring adds character and cottage charm. Climb the central staircase to the lofty boutique bedroom, a sanctuary of indulgent country comfort. This stunning bedroom is worthy of any interior magazine showcase with tempting super king bed dressed to perfection with fresh white luxury bedding, designer furniture including a Julian Chichester leather chest of drawers, stripped oak floor and stylish in-the-room oval bath. An ensuite shower room adds to the luxury features.
This perfect 'gem' of a cottage really is set to impress and comes from the heart of the owners with a keen eye on detail and passion for salvaged finds from around the country.
On Your Doorstep
Cob Barn is surrounded by slate chipping pathways that intertwine around the streams and ponds nearby. A door leads from the kitchen and a cafe style table and chairs can easily be moved for the perfect sun trap at any time of day, from morning coffee or sunset sundowner. From the bedroom, a glass door also opens to stone steps leading down to the terrace area. The nearby area is flanked with established trees and the owners are happy for guests to explore the nearby orchards, gardens and ponds at their own risk. The Dutch hot tub is perfectly placed for fun, well being and relaxtion, helping you to get get back to nature and soak away the day in style. Head out for a day on the coast and immerse yourself in the beautiful seascapes and golden sand beaches including Daymer Bay, Polzeath, Harlyn Bay, Constantine with many many more just a short drive away. If dining out is on the agenda then you are well placed to indulge, local country pubs serve the finest of Cornish fare or enjoy the culinary creations of Rick Stein's, Paul Ainsworth and Nathan Outlaw who have all made North Cornwall their home. Rural pursuits become part of daily life as you head out along the coastal pathways, hire bikes and hit the Camel Trail from Wadebridge to Padstow (highly recommended!) or try your hand at surfing or sailing.
Whatever the occasion, whatever the season, check into superior luxury within the oasis of Cob Barn.
For additional accommodation nearby, The Wolery can sleep 4 guests
- Vehicular access to Cob Barn is via an unmade lane and may be unsuitable for low sports cars. Slate chipping pathway with gentle slope and 5 steps to the front door
- Slate chipping pathways and raised terrace
- There is one internal flight of stairs with handrail
- A beautiful boutique bedroom located on the 1st floor
- Super king zip/lock bed
- 2 x bedside tables with lamps
- Julian Chichester chest of drawers
- Wooden chair
- Wall mounted smart TV
- In-the-room oval bath
- Door leading to outside space
- Ensuite shower room with corner shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
- A stylish country inspired fitted kitchen
- Electric oven
- Electric hobs
- Slimline dishwasher
- Caseflex bluetooth system for iphone
- Montpellier fridge/freezer
- Sage coffee machine for fresh ground coffee. A coffee bean grinder is provided.
- Utilities inlcude: washer/dryer, iron with ironing board
Living and Dining
- A chic and relaxing living space
- Comfortable 3 seater sofa
- Coffee table
- Smart TV and DVD
- Wooden dining table and 2 dining chairs
- Selection of books
- Real fire log burner
- Outside cafe style table and 2 dining chairs
- Alexa speaker
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Wifi - full fibre broadband
- Private parking for one car within the car port (height 2.1m)
- Pet free property
- Travel cot
- Cob Barn can be taken with The Wolery to offer accommodation for up to 6 guests
- Dutch hot tub - A stylish wood fired hot tub private for The Cob. Please allow 1.5-2 hours to heat to required temperature
- Easee One Robot EV charger
- Underfloor heating
- The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Welcome gift includes : Tregothnan Tea, Tregothnan housekeeper biscuits, locally made lemon drizzle cake, bottled spring water, Cornish milk in a refillable bottle, Cornish tea, Cornish lemonade, 6 Cornish eggs, Cornish butter, Origin ground coffee, bread and more.
What to Expect
Explore Padstow / Trevone / Wadebridge and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.