There is something rather special about The Lizard Peninsula and the tucked away setting of Col Ros, an incredible coastal home overlooking Polurrian Cove and oh so blue sea. This unique cliff-top home offers ample space for friends and family to get together and experience a real taste of beautiful Cornwall. Sea views are captured at every possible opportunity from the social spaces including the open plan kitchen and dining area, relaxed sitting room and collection of four luxury bedrooms. A generous terrace leads down to the rolling lawn all set against the stunning seascape backdrop. From your holiday door, a garden path leads down to the coastal path and on down to Polurrian Cove, a quintessential sandy cove with crystal clear swimming waters or stride out along the coast paths. The charming villages of Mullion, Cadgwith and Coverack are within easy reach and well worth a visit.
Cornish Gems are delighted to welcome Col Ros to the luxury portfolio - create an unforgettable Cornwall holiday from the superb setting of this unique coastal home on The Lizard Peninsula
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Follow the single track lane and arrive at Col Ros, a detached two storey home set in a beautiful landscaped garden. Once inside, Col Ros ensures ample space for all the party to spread out and step straight into a laid back holiday life. The kitchen and dining space is certainly the hub of the home where budding chefs can get creative with local ingredients and family meals are enjoyed around the table long into the evening. Lead through to the light-filled sitting room where over-sized windows capture and frame the sea views perfectly. In the winter months, watch the waves crash over the rocks from the comfort of your fireside sofa or throw open the doors from the sun room in the sunny months and extend your footprint into the garden. Two of the five bedrooms are located on the ground floor and a family bathroom and practical utility come boot room complete the ground floor layout. A central staircase leads to the collection of three beautiful bedrooms on the first floor plus a family shower room. Each bedroom offers a personalised style, the finest beds and linens and wonderful sea and rural views.
On Your Doorstep
The outside space at Col Ros is simply beautiful, a spacious stone terrace with outside seating and dining areas leads down to an established lawned garden with Cornish palms and further areas to sit and unwind. From your elevated vantage point, views of the coastline lead down The Lizard Peninsula. The garden offers a natural hedged boundary creating a safe space for children and dogs to play. At the foot of the garden, a private gate leads back onto the lane and offers access to the coastal path which leads down to the sandy beach in approx 8 minute walk. Polurrian Cove is often a quieter spot away from the summer crowds as it is only accessed via the coast path. The Lizard Peninsula is the perfect natural playground to explore. Picture perfect coves including Kynance Cove, Poldhu and nearby Mullion are within easy reach, visit Lizard Village, the most southerly point on British mainland, as well as the characterful fishing villages of Coverack and Cadgwith. If watersports are on the agenda then the opportunities are endless! Snorkel with the seals, kayak the creeks and inlets of Helford River or learn to dive amongst the shipwrecks.
From days on the beach to adventures across the county, tailor make your stay at Col Ros and discover this Gem of a holiday home.
- From the parking space, there is level access to the back door entrance.
- There is small step from the inside to the upper terrace. Approx 6 steps lead down to the sloping lawn. The garden is uneven in places. There are approx 6 steps down to the lane from the garden gate.
- One internal flight of stairs. Within the house, there are also 1-2 steps between the living spaces. There is one step up to the ground floor family bathroom.
- Choose from 5 bedrooms located on the ground and first floors
- Bedroom one: Ground floor: Twin bedded room, clothes storage, rural views
- Bedroom two: Ground floor: Super king bed, clothes storage, sea views
- Bedroom three: 1st floor: King bed, clothes storage, hairdryer, rural views
- Bedroom four: 1st floor: Super king zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin if required), clothes storage, hairdryer, sea views, ensuite
- Bedroom five: 1st floor: Super king zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin if required), clothes storage, rural and sea views
- Ground floor bathroom: Bath, separate shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- First floor family bathroom: Shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom one: Ensuite shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom four: Ensuite bath, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- A fully fitted large kitchen
- Rangemaster with electric oven
- Rangemaster electric hob
- Large fridge/freezer
- Cafetiere for ground coffee
- Lavazza coffee machine
- A separate utility room which includes: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board, hanging airer and additional large fridge/freezer
- 49 inch Smart TV
- DVD player
- Ample comfortable seating
- Log burner
- Sun room with bench seating
- An additional relaxed seating area located in the eaves of the house with TV and DVD player
- Large dining table and chairs located in the kitchen area
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Travel cot
- Baby friendly items which include the following: bath seat; child’s booster loo seat and step up stool; microwave sterilising bags for bottles; baby monitor; plastic cutlery and crockery; electric hand blender; plug socket guards; plastic beakers; fixed stair gates at top and bottom of stairs; foam play mats.
- Good collection of books, games and jigsaw puzzles
- Outside dining table and chairs
- Fixed stairgate at the top and bottom of the central staircase
- Allocated parking for 4 cars
- One well behaved dog welcomed - please note that whilst the garden has dense hedging as the boundary, the garden is not completely enclosed
- EV charger
- Hot outside shower
- Outside tap
- Charcoal BBQ
- Garden gate leading onto the lane, leading towards the coast path
- The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Welcome gift includes: Tea, coffee, sugar, Cornish biscuits, butter, red wine and Cornish Cream Tea.
- Access is via a country lane, this is not suitable for low sports cars
Explore Mullion / Cadgwith / Coverack and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.