Compass North Pentire / Porth / Newquay
- Sleeps 10
- Bedrooms 5
- Bathrooms 6
- Dogs 2
A stunning sea-fronted house overlooking the iconic Fistral Beach
Built in the 1930's, this incredible iconic sea-facing home has recently been transformed to offer guests a truly unique home from which to experience the beauty of north Cornwall. Located on Pentire Headland, Compass North promises a taste of the surf and sand culture of Fistral Beach, known the world over. The house oozes style, allows ample space and captures the sea views at each opportunity. A wonderful dining room, relaxed sitting room, sociable kitchen, fun games room and five beautiful ensuite bedrooms welcome guests whilst the spacious garden and glorious views set the al fresco scene. Wander from holiday door to sandy shore in just five minutes taking in the wide stretch of sand at Fistral Beach or pack up and head along the coastline to discover even more beaches, coves and coastal villages.
An outstanding property for a family holiday. We had 3 little ones under 3 and the property was safe and well prepared. Great , flat garden at rear for safe play. 4 spacious bedrooms and extremely comfortable. Great bathrooms throughout, particularly shower room down stairs. Wonderful wonderful views. Guaranteed to make you smile every day and make your holiday. A beautiful formal dining room with stunning sunset views for adults to enjoy a great meal experience together. Not a bit of the house disappointed!
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Compass North is a detached generous coastal house located in a prime location overlooking Fistral Beach and the established golf course. Step straight into holiday mode from the moment you arrive as surf-inspired artwork by local artist Kev Cooper, coastal hues and fabrics evoke the surf culture of Newquay. The ground floor offers a sociable open plan kitchen and casual dining space where family meals are prepared and enjoyed before retiring to the comfort of the large sitting room with incredible blue sea views. In the summer this room is flooded with sunlight and leads through to the sun room and the garden or light the fire in the cooler months and watch the crashing waves roll in. A formal dining room welcomes celebratory dinners with a sea view backdrop or those long lazy holiday brunches when you've nowhere to go and nowhere to be. The ground floor also offers a wet room with a rain shower. A fun games room come snug completes the ground floor, a break-out space for children to claim their own with a large snuggle sofa, smart TV and Foosball table. A central staircase leads to the five luxury ensuite bedrooms on the first floor, each individually styled with statement wallpaper, bespoke furniture and of course the finest beds and bedding.
On Your Doorstep
Compass North offers a very spacious private garden to the rear of the house and open terrace and sunken lawn to the front of the house. To the rear, soak up the sun on the lawn, sit on the all weather sofas with a good book and enjoy al fresco dining at the large dining table. Cornish palms offer shade if needed and children and dogs will enjoy exploring the secure garden. For the perfect sunset spot, switch to the front sea-facing side of the house and watch the sun sink into the sea. Located opposite the house is Newquay's established golf course, established in 1890, this 18 hole links and par 69 golf course is well worth bringing your clubs for. From the plum position, wander down to the beach in just five minutes. Fistral beach has so much to offer, from halcyon beach days with a bucket and spade to laid-back beachside dining at the Fish House or Rick Stein's fish and chips. Pentire Headland is a beautiful spot and the Lewinnick Lodge sits at it's point offering breakfasts, coffee, lunches and suppers - with a view of course! For watersports enthusiasts, you are in the company of some of the world's best surfers and with many surf schools on hand, you'll be catching the breaks in no time. A short stroll over the headland and you are soon overlooking the sheltered waters of the River Gannel, a tidal waterway where kayaks and paddleboards take advantage of the ebb and flow of the tide. Gone are the days of the 'kiss me quick' reputation in Newquay, this thriving town is a mecca for delicious food, artisan cafes, deli's and so much more all wonderfully blended with the surf culture and wellbeing lifestyle. Leading up the coast, discover the popular sandy stretches of Watergate Bay, Harlyn Bay and Constantine Bay before reaching Padstow, a stylish fishing town.
Whether you spend your free days flipping from Compass North to the beach, head out for the day on the coastal paths or take trips further afield, create your own timetable from the luxury of this extra special holiday home.
There is level access from the parking area to the front door. From the house, there are 2 steps down to the terrace. There are 2 steps down to the lawned area. There are a further 2 steps up to the raised terrace with dining table. One internal flight of stairs.
- Choose from 5 ensuite bedrooms located on the first floor
- Bedroom one: super king bed, clothes storage, sea views, dressing table, armchair, hairdryer, ensuite
- Bedroom two: (master) super king bed, clothes storage, sea views, dressing table, cocktail chairs and table, hairdryer, ensuite
- Bedroom three: super king bed, clothes storage, hairdryer, ensuite
- Bedroom four: super king zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin if required), clothes storage, dressing table, hairdryer, ensuite
- Bedroom five: super king zip/link bed, (this can be set as a twin if required) clothes storage, dressing table, armchairs, hairdryer, TV, ensuite
- Bedroom one: ensuite shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom two: ensuite shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom three: ensuite shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom four: ensuite shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom five: linked by Jack and Jill doors to the family bathroom with large roll top bath, shower, two wash hand basins, heated towel rail, WC
- Ground floor shower room with rain shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and WC
- A modern open plan kitchen and dining space
- Range style cooker with double electric oven and gas hobs
- Under counter fridge
- Large fridge / freezer with iced water and ice dispensar
- Wine fridge
- Magimix Nespresso coffee machine for coffee pods
- Utilities include: a separate utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, sink, washing line, iron with ironing board
Living and Dining
- The informal dining area is open plan with the kitchen
- Large wooden dining table with built in bench seating and dining chairs
- A separate formal dining room with sea views, built in bay window seating and log burner
- Sitting room with sea views, log burner, Smart TV, ample comfortable seating, doors to sun room and the garden
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Large games room and snug with large corner sofa, smart TV, Foosball table
- Travel cot
- Stairgate - please note the gate fits the door frames but not the staircase
- Two well behaved dogs welcomed - the large garden at the rear of the house is completely enclosed, it is not enclosed to the front of the house
- Outside sofa seating
- Off road parking for up to 5 cars
- Outside tap
- Raised BBQ area with raised plinths for disposable BBQ's
- Large outside dining table and chairs
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- The property owner provides a welcome gift which includes: A large fresh sourdough loaf, Trewithen Dairy butter, Trewithen Dairy milk, Trewithen Dairy clotted cream, 10x bakery scones, a jar of conserve, 12 free range eggs, Cornish coffee, Cornish tea, Cornish cookies.
What to Expect
Explore Pentire / Porth / Newquay and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.