A stylish holiday home from home, ready for friends and family to enjoy
Aptly named, Gannel Blue is part of the Woodlands collection and lies just above the sheltered sparkling clear waters of the River Gannel that meanders out to Crantock beach and Pentire Headland. This contemporary coastal home has been beautifully styled by our Gems Interiors team and by the passion of the owner to create a wonderful sense of space, calm and luxury. Choose from three bedrooms with three bathrooms, enjoy the open plan layout of the social areas including a bespoke media/snug room and cocktail bar, spend time in the bubbling hot tub and simply gazing down on the oh-so-blue tidal waters. From your holiday door, explore the glorious beaches of Fistral and Crantock Bay, dive into the surf, grab a paddle board and live like the locals do in this magical corner of north Cornwall. At low tide, wander down through the communal landscaped grounds to the river bank and onto the beaches.
Cornish Gems are so pleased to welcome Gannel Blue to the north coast portfolio - aptly named, gaze down on the crystal clear waters of the River Gannel and enjoy the luxury of this wonderful headland location.
Upon arrival, private gates for Woodlands lead down to the front row location of Gannel Blue, a semi-detached split-level home. Step inside to arrive on the ground floor where a central hallway offers spaces to store your holiday kit. Lead into the hub of the house, the open plan living, dining and kitchen space and soak up the coastal views through the full height and width glass doors. The kitchen offers superior quality and state of the art appliances whilst still capturing the views. Suppers are enjoyed at the dining table with swivel chairs and afternoons are spent with the doors slid open to capture the sights and sounds of river life. A cloakroom completes the ground floor. Gannel Blue is set over three floors, descend to the lower first floor where two superior ensuite bedrooms offer river views and have each been individually styled. Descend to the lower second floor to enjoy the third bedroom, again with sea views, and also the two multi-purpose media come snug rooms with relaxed seating and large TV, each wonderful places for children to escape to. The lower level also offers your very own cocktail bar.
On Your Doorstep
From the ground floor social spaces, slide back the glass doors and step out onto the south facing full width balcony that looks over the landscaped grounds of Woodlands, across the river to the green fields and up towards the river mouth and the golden sands of Crantock Bay. At low water the tide whips out to reveal the sand and offers peaceful walks along the banks, at high water the river teems with sea-birds and locals grab their paddleboards to enjoy the sheltered water. The garden of Gannel Blue is accessed from the lower level and offers a relaxed u-shaped sofa and of course the luxury of a bubbling hot tub. A private gate leads into the communal grounds and down to the bankside. The Pentire Headland has so much to offer as you step from holiday door to sandy shore in moments. Walk to Fistral Beach or Crantock Beach each offering superb surf and wide stretches of golden sand. There are a number of tempting places to eat and drink from the family friendly Lewinnick Lodge to the culinary temptations of The Fish House. The North coast of Cornwall is waiting to be explored as you head up the coast towards Padstow or visit the wild West and the iconic town of St Ives.
Gannel Blue ensures a wonderful holiday like no other. Seriously stylish, a magical location and those glorious views of course!
- There is level access from the car port to the front door.
- Level access from the inside onto the social space balcony. The terrace is located on the lower second floor, there are approx 3 steps up to the seating area, please refer to the gallery of images.
- The house is set over 3 levels, descending from the ground floor. There are approx 80 steps leading down to the river and beach access via the communal grounds.
- Two internal flights of stairs (15 steps each)with handrail.
- Choose from 3 beautiful south facing bedrooms located on the lower first and lower second floors.
- Bedroom one: (master) Lower first floor: Super king bed, built in storage, 43 inch TV, private balcony, ensuite, sea views
- Bedroom two: Lower second floor: King bed, built in storage, 43 inch TV, private doors to the terrace
- Bedroom three: Lower first floor: Super king zip/link bed (this can be set as twins if required), built in storage, 43 inch TV, ensuite, sea views
- Three indulgent contemporary bathrooms and one cloakroom:
- Bedroom one: Walk in rain shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom two: Freestanding oval bath, separate walk in rain shower, double wash hand basins, heated towel rail, WC
- Family bathroom: Located on the lower second floor: Walk in rain shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Cloakroom: Located on the entrance ground floor, wash hand basin and WC
- State of the art fully fitted modern kitchen with Gaggenau appliances
- Wonderful coastal views
- Double electric oven
- Warming drawer
- Krups coffee machine for Lor coffee pods (10 coffee pods provided)
- Induction hob
- Large fridge/freezer
- Breakfast bar
- A separate utility room located on the lower second floor with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- A light and bright living space on the ground floor with full height glass doors to the balcony
- Relaxed seating
- Aviator chairs
- 55 inch SMart TV
- A large dining table with swivel dining chairs
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- A 2pm check in is available at this property at an additional cost. Speak to our friendly travel advisors to book.
- Sevadis EV charger
- Located on the lower second floor is an additional study/snug area with direct access to the terrace
- Located on the lower second floor is a relaxed multi purpose room with Smart TV
- There is an additional cocktail bar on the ground floor with fridge and sink
- Underfloor heating
- Travel cot
- Pet free
- Bubbling hot tub - Please note that the water in the hot tub will be changed for each new guest arrival and therefore may take a few hours to come back up to temperature.
- Big Green Egg BBQ
- Outside sofa seating
- Landscaped communal grounds exclusive to Woodlands
- Direct access to the banks of the River Gannel and beach (at low tide)
- Gated private parking for 2 cars under the car port. Please note the measurements: Height 2m and width 5m
- Electric car charger located in the car port
- South facing property
- Gannel Blue is laid out over 3 floors. Arrival and social spaces on the ground floor, descend to the lower first and lower second floors for the bedrooms and bathrooms
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore Pentire / Porth / Newquay and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage