A stunning cottage on the harbour front of Mousehole
Follow the road heading West and arrive at the luxury of Glas Mor - Mousehole set right on the seafront in the beautiful harbour town of Mousehole, West Cornwall. This traditional Cornish cottage has been lovingly restored to maintain many of the original features sensitively combined with more modern order. Two beautiful bedrooms offer luxury accommodation for up to four guests whilst the cottage layout of the kitchen/dining room, attractive sitting room and basement snug ensure ample space for guests to relax and enjoy a memorable stay, whatever the season. The character of Mousehole is infectious as you soak up the comings and goings of harbour life and the panoramic sea views all from your holiday door.
A really lovely cottage in one of the best spots in the village.
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Glas Mor - Mousehole is a charming end of terrace stone cottage set over three floors and located right on the seafront. Step through your holiday door and arrive to the hub of the cottage, the open plan kitchen and dining space. The smart charcoal grey kitchen offers all you could need to prepare delicious holiday meals, enjoy the freshest of seafood landed right on the harbour wall that day. For the ultimate table beside-the-sea, the wooden dining table and bench seating is perfectly placed under the window. Lead through into the cottage sitting room and sink into the comfiest of sofas. Wile away the afternoon with a good book and watch the boats go by or, in the cooler months, cosy up beside the fire and watch the waves. From the kitchen area, stairs lead down to the basement level which offers further seating and a wonderful space to put on a favourite film on the large TV or enjoy the collection of LPs. Two beautifully dressed bedrooms are set on the first floor each offering serene havens of fresh white luxury linens and the finest beds. Awake to the sound of the sea and enjoy your morning cup of tea gazing out to the water. A shower room completes the layout of the first floor. From the stylish kitchen and comfortable sitting room to the luxury of the bedrooms, feel right at home at Glas Mor - Mousehole and enjoy an extra special holiday to remember.
On Your Doorstep
At your holiday front door steps are two perfectly placed benches on which to sit and soak up the character of the town and incredible sea views, from a morning coffee as the sun rises to an evening sundowner chatting to the locals and visitors alike, you may even spot the local seals basking on the rocks. St Clement's Isle - a small rocky islet once the home to an ancient hermit lies just offshore of the harbour wall right in front of the cottage. With the harbour just a short stroll away, the beach and the harbourside really are your extended outside space. Mousehole is proud of its heritage and tradition and maintains a truly Cornish ambiance, the colourful fishing boats still bring in the day's catch and the picture perfect cottages are home to local residents. With its 'way down West' location, Mousehole is home to a number of artisan cafes offering a hearty cream tea and delicious lunches, local pubs in which to sample Cornwall's ales, tempting restaurants and, of course, some of the best souvenir shopping. At low tide the golden sand beach is revealed and children will enjoy the safe sheltered shores and crystal blue sea swimming or jump in kayaks and explore a little further. Wile away your days exploring this wonderful village or, if a day trip is on the agenda, head to the other nearby beaches including Porthcurno and Sennen. The iconic landmark of St Michael's Mount, Marazion, is well worth a visit as guests walk across the ancient causeway to the castle. The larger coastal town of St Ives is within easy access or enjoy the University town of Falmouth.
From the moment you arrive, Glas Mor - Mousehole invites you to relax, unwind and re-energise as you discover the myth and magic of West Cornwall.
- From Gurnick Street, there are 3 shallow steps up into the hallway.
- The cottage is set over 3 floors with 2 staircases each with rope handrails. From the ground floor there are 10 steps up to the first floor. From the ground floor there are 11 steps down to the basement level.
- Choose from two beautiful bedrooms located on the first floor
- Bedroom one: Super king zip/link bed (this can be set as a twin or a king size bed), clothes storage, dressing table, hairdryer, sea views
- Bedroom two: King bed, clothes storage, dressing table, hairdryer, sea views
- A family bathroom located on the first floor
- Wash hand basin
- Everhot 60 electric oven which operates in a similar way to an Aga with hot plates and two ovens, the top one is more of a roasting oven and operates at a temperature of roughly 230c and the bottom oven is considered a baking oven with a temperature of 200c.
- Freezer (located at basement level)
- Slimline dishwasher
- Quooker hot tap
- Bose bluetooth speaker
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Utilities include: washing machine, iron and ironing board
- A wooden dining table with bench seating located in the kitchen area
- A separate relaxed living room
- Large three seater sofa
- Large armchair
- Coffee table
- Log burner
- 27" Smart TV
- The basement of Glas Mor - Mousehole offers a further seating area with 49" Smart TV, DVD player, bean bags, two seater sofa, record player for LPs
- Luxury linens and towels
- Travel cot
- Due to the configuration of the staircase, the property is not suitable for a stairgate.
- One well-behaved dog welcomed - house rules apply
- Small outside benches
- There is no allocated parking for Glas Mor - Mousehole but parking can be secured nearby within the Mousehole car parks - please refer to the home truths tab of this property page
- The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Welcome gift includes: Fresh coffee, local artisan bread, Cornish milk, Cornish butter, Cornish eggs, Cornish cream tea, and more.
- Please note that due to the infrastructure of Mousehole, there is limited parking within the town. There is no allocated parking at Glas Mor - Mousehole but the nearest car park is South Quay Car Park located to the right of the harbour which is a 1 minute walk from the cottage. The South Quay Car Park includes parking along the South Quay and also in a small area of tarmac immediately above the beach. The car park is pay and display and guests can pay for a 24 hour stay, long stay tickets are not available so guests will need to top up the meter accordingly. The cost per day is £5.00. Guests are able to pull up in the car outside the cottage to unload before parking.
Explore Mousehole / Newlyn / Penzance and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.