Discover the natural beauty of Whitsand Bay from the luxury of Kittiwake
Coastal chic meets penthouse holiday living, welcome to Kittiwake. This wonderful apartment has been flawlessly created for friends and family to escape to the coast for a stay to remember. Close to Looe and Polperro, Kittiwake is located in the charming former fishing village of Portwrinkle on the Rame Peninsula and offers two stylish bedrooms and two contemporary bathrooms with spacious open plan living, dining and kitchen spaces. The roof terrace ensures the perfect al fresco ambience with the breathtaking sea views and high cliff backdrop of Whitsand Bay. Wander from your holiday door to the two beaches in Portwrinkle and access to the coastal pathways leading along some of Cornwall's most wonderful walks and iconic seascapes plus the three-mile stretch of sand at Whitsand Bay. The Whitsand Bay Golf Club is in Portwrinkle and welcomes non-members and is loacted next door, simply a short 'putt' away.
Thank you for a wonderful holiday, we had everything we could possibly need in the apartment; including the wonderful view! We have very fond memories of a much needed family holiday.
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
Follow the country lane down into Portwrinkle where the smart newly built Kittiwake apartments offer a striking modern welcome amongst the green of the golf course and marine blue of the bay. Kittiwake is set at the penthouse level with the accommodation on one level. Arrive into small porchway with ample storage for all of your holiday kit from golf shoes to walking boots, sun hats to sandals. Step into the open plan kitchen, dining and living space and immerse yourself in the sense of serenity, light and space. The kitchen is fully fitted with cherry red cabinets and all the mod cons you could need for your indulgent holiday menu. Dine in style at the wooden dining table as you open the doors to the Juliet balcony for the perfect outside inside ambience, mood lighting helps further to set the scene. Relax in the comfort of the living room whatever the season, enjoy the peace and quiet of a winter weekend with a good book or gather as a group before stepping out for supper. A central hallway leads to two double bedrooms and two contemporary style bathrooms with complimentary toiletries. Each bedroom has been thoughtfully dressed to impress with the finest luxury linens, coastal inspired artwork and a fresh colour palette of coastal greens, yellows and blues.
On Your Doorstep
The south facing balcony is accessed from the living space and master bedroom, offering a dining table with seating for 4. The perfect spot for a morning coffee as you plan the days itinerary. Climb the outside staircase to the rear of the penthouse and soak up the wonderful sea views from the large private roof terrace. This wonderful sun trap captures the day long sunshine enjoying a lazy lunch and watching the boats go by.
The two beaches in Portwrinkle - once busy with pilchard fishing boats and smugglers - are called Finnygook Beach and Hoodny Cove. Both are easily accessed from Kittiwake. Heading along the coas path, the sweeping sands of Whitsand Bay stretch for three miles between Portwinkle and Rame Head. Here the rolling surf provides the best surfing in the area, and those seeking adventure can scuba dive the reef to the HMS Scylla wreck in the bay. Two charming 17th century fishing villages, Kingsand and Cawsand, are filled with narrow streets and colourful cottages that lead down to more sheltered beaches.
Once the scene of a thriving pilchard industry the quaint harbour at Portwrinkle is now a place of calm. Guests will enjoy exploring this 'forgotten corner' of Cornwall, with it's sandy coves, country lanes and rolling farmland. A short drive along the peninsula sits Mount Edgcumbe House and Country Park, with rolling woodland and breathtaking views. Whilst another ancestral estate, Antony House, is also nearby, wrapped up in history and sweeping views, this property was the film location for Disney's blockbuster 'Alice in Wonderland' in 2010. For the golf aficionado in the party then there is no better spot than Portwrinkle. Book your tee off time at the pro shop just a minutes from your holiday door and while away the day across the greens with wonderful sea views. If you are looking for a fabulous festive break then check in to Kittiwake for the celebration. The apartment could be used as a base to visit the Christmas markets along Cornwall's coasts or perhaps used to shop for those special gifts in the towns of Fowey and Looe.
- From the parking area, there is a slope to the side leading up to the penthouse level. Guests are also welcome to unload closer to the apartment.
- Level access from the apartment to the balcony
- There are 2 flights of external steps (20 steps) with handrail to the roof terrace
- There are no internal steps within the apartment
- Choose from two double stylish bedrooms
- Bedroom one: A double bedded room with two bedside tables with lamps, built in wardrobe and tall boy chest, chair, Blue tooth speaker, sea views and access to the balcony
- Bedroom two: A double bedded room with two bedside tables with lamps, built in wardrobe, Blue tooth speaker, ensuite shower room
- Family bathroom with deep bath, over the bath shower and hand held shower, wash hand basin and WC
- Bedroom two includes an ensuite shower room with walk-in shower, wash hand basin and WC
- A fully fitted modern kitchen
- Large fridge/freezer (3 drawers)
- Induction hob
- Electric oven
- Built in microwave
- Breakfast bar with two stools
- Utilities include: washing machine with integrated tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- An open plan living and dining space with high vaulted beamed ceiling
- Two seater sofa
- Two armchairs
- Smart TV
- Blueray DVD
- Bluetooth Bose soundlink
- Coffee table
- Large dining table with 6 dining chairs
- Armchair set within the dining space
- Sea views from every window
- Mood lighting
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- BT Infinity WiFi
- A large private roof terrace measuring 6m x 6m with wonderful sea views
- Outside dining table and 4 chairs within the private roof terrrace
- Outside dining table with 4 chairs within the apartment balcony
- Superb access to Whitsand Bay golf course
- Kittiwake welcomes children aged 3+ (no babies permitted)
- Complimentary toiletries
- The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Welcome gift includes: Local eggs, large wholemeal loaf, milk, Cornish butter, Cornish tea bags, Cornish ground coffee, Cornish Fairings biscuits, and more.
- There is little-no mobile phone coverage in this location. However, with Kittiwake’s superfast fibre broadband, WiFi calling from smart phones is reliable.
- The property does not permit infants to stay, there is no travel cot or highchair
- Please note the sun loungers in the images have been removed (March 2023)
Explore Whitsand Bay / Portwrinkle and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.