A luxury riverside idyll in North Cornwall
Created perfectly for two, Lowen has recently undergone a luxury interiors revival, combining relaxed coastal chic with a luxury ambiance for your time out in North Cornwall. Swap your urban heels for beach side sandals and explore this very unique peninsula flanked with the most beautiful golden sand beaches and some of Cornwall’s most breathtaking seascapes. Lowen is a split level abode offering ever changing views of the azure River Gannel and beyond to Crantock Beach. As perfect for winter weekends as for week long summer stays, check-in and chill out. For larger accommodation or for extra friends and family accommodation, Gannel View sleeps 4 and is located just a few steps away.
We had an amazing week here, and the view is spectacular. We're missing it already!
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
Lowen is set within the wooden clad Pavilions within Pentire Headland, stylishly created to evoke the sports pavilions of yesteryear, the thoughtful design creates an idyllic backdrop to your holiday. Reverse level in layout; arrive to the spacious landing of the first floor leading to the master bedroom and large bathroom. From the moment you arrive the attention to detail, cool colour palette and stylish touches set the luxury scene. The master bedroom overlooks the River Gannel, breakfast in bed is encouraged as you take in the coastal vistas, awake re-energised and retire to this welcome indulgent haven. Located next to the bedroom is a smart contemporary bathroom complete with deep bath and power shower. The light staircase leads down to the open plan generous living space and kitchen with double doors leading onto the patio and garden. This sunny room is flooded with natural light and creates a versatile space in all seasons. Throw open the doors on summer evenings or cosy up and storm watch under the fluffy blankets in the winter months. The enviable kitchen is super-stylish with smart clean lines and soft close cabinets cleverly masking ample storage, fully fitted and well equipped, enjoy some Cornish home cooking during your stay. A stylish dining table and chairs is the hub to the house as you map out the day's plans or enjoy dinner-for-two. Ample relaxed seating and all mod cons complete the luxury ambiance within the living room.
On Your Doorstep
From the double doors of the living room step out onto your paved terrace and grassed lawn with all-weather dining table and chairs. Lowen is set within the exclusive grounds of Corisande Manor, the communal grounds are well tended and brim with colour from the lavender beds to the wild flowers. Railway sleeper steps lead down to the terraced garden, along the path and down to the river bank. At low tide simply walk onto the beach and across to Crantock or at high tide take the small ferry across. Leaving the car behind, explore on foot and head up to the Pentire Headland for the best sunset spot on the coast. The Lewinnick Lodge is a short walk away and well worth a reservation or stop at the Fern Pit Café for afternoon cake and tea. For a local treat, handpick your lobster from the Fern Pit pots and let them prepare it ready for your supper – coastal perfection. The energy of Fistral Beach is moments away, take to the water yourself with a lesson or two or admire the pro’s from the comfort of the golden sandy beach. A private lockable surf store is available, perfect for all your holiday beach kit and for drying wetsuits.
Whether you are new to this corner of Cornwall or it’s a favourite childhood haunt then reacquaint yourself with Pentire Headland and relax in the comfort of Lowen.
- A slope and approx 20 steps down to the door
- Level access from the ground floor to front terrace
- Terraced communal grounds
- One internal flight of stairs
- A stylish contemporary bedroom overlooking the ever changing coastal views
- A King bed adorned with the finest linens
- French dressing table with mirror
- 2 x bedside table with lamps
- Large wardrobe with drawer storage
- Contemporary shutters
- Stylish contemporary bathroom
- Deep bath
- Over bath power shower
- Wash hand basin
- Heated towel rail
- A fully fitted contemporary kitchen
- Larder style fridge
- 3 draw freezer
- Single electric oven
- 4 hob electric hotplates
- Kettle and toaster
- Utilities include: washer/dryer, iron with ironing board, clothes airer
- A beautiful open plan living space blending seating, dining and kitchen areas flawlessly
- A stylish pedestal dining table with 3 dining chairs
- Outside dining table with 3 dining chairs
- A relaxed 3 seater sofa with leg rest extension at one end
- Side tables
- Flat screen HD TV
- DVD player
- CD player
- Bluetooth speaker
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Travel cot
- One well behaved dog welcomed, pet supplement and house rules apply
- Private allocated parking for one car
- River bank and beach access
- Outside communal shower - perfect for post beach shower
- Outside lockable surf store - perfect for holiday kit including boards and wetsuits
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Welcome gift includes: Cornish Fairings biscuits, Roskilly’s organic chocolate orange fudge, Josh’s chocolate, Cornish tea, ‘Scenes of Cornwall’ jute bag and more.
Explore Pentire / Porth / Newquay and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.