A wonderful Gem in the heart of Mousehole
Once a stone fisherman's cottage, today Mill Leat has been beautifully created to blend original features with stylish interiors, the comfiest of furnishings and a wonderful sense of light and space for up to four guests. Mill Leat is located just a skip to the harbour front and sandy beach of Mousehole where fishing and pleasure boats come and go on the ebb of the tide, visitors rub shoulders with the local characters and village life offers a true sense of Cornwall. Offering two luxury bedrooms and two bathrooms, an open plan living, dining and kitchen space plus an outside private courtyard and parking space, Mill Leat invites you to step into the magic of West Cornwall and experience an extra special stay.
Cornish Gems are so pleased to welcome Mill Leat to the luxury Mousehole collection - beautifully stylish and packed with Cornish charm, experience the magic of Mousehole from this wonderful home.
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Mill Leat is a two storey stone cottage right in the heart of the village. Arrive into the open plan living, dining and kitchen space and your holiday begins. Sink into the sumptuous sofa, cosy up beside the fire and unwind in the living area, create Cornish inspired menus in the modern kitchen with fresh seafood plucked straight from the sea that day and enjoy lazy breakfasts, lunches and suppers at the dining table. A contemporary shower room completes the ground floor plan. Ascend the wooden staircase to the first floor and choose from two luxury light-filled bedrooms, each with stripped white floors, open beams, the finest king sized beds and views across the rooftops to the sea. The family bathroom is no less considered featuring a Japanese soak bath for the ultimate deep plunge soak after a day on the coast. From the salvaged finds and nautical artefacts of the living space to the romantic fresh white backdrop of the bedrooms, Mill Leat is packed with considered style and Cornish flair.
On Your Doorstep
To the rear of Mill Leat is a courtyard with outside dining table and bench seating where coffee and cuppas can be enjoyed alongside al fresco meals. This courtyard is a secure space where wetsuits, beach kit and bikes can be safely stowed during your stay. The oh-so beautiful harbour of Mousehole is just a few steps away and the perfect backdrop for an evening stroll or morning wander around the pretty narrow streets. Mousehole has so much to offer from the young to simply the young at heart, a flurry of fishing boat activity is fun to watch as the locals land their catch or prepare for a day at sea. A number of charming shops, galleries and cafes ensures lazy days are spent exploring this beautiful coastal town, with Mill Leat tucked away just off the front your party can come and go as they please. A short journey by car and you are soon in Newlyn, Cornwall's fishing mecca. Heading further west the coast road leads you to the end of the line where the majestic cliffs and local legend of Land's End meets the sea, well worth a visit. If a day on the beach is on the agenda then enjoy the sands of Mousehole beach or head to the sandy shores of Praa Sands, Marazion and Perranuthnoe or hit the surf of West Cornwall at Sennen Beach or Porthmeor, St Ives.
Mill Leat is ideally suited for small families, friends and couples looking to immerse themselves in a quintessential Mousehole, way down in the West.
- There are 2 shallow granite steps up to the front door.
- From the rear of the cottage, there are 2 small steps up to the courtyard.
- One internal flight of stairs.
- Choose from two bedrooms, each with sea views, located on the first floor
- Bedroom one: King bed, clothes storage, sea views
- Bedroom two: King bed zip/link (this can be set as twin if required), clothes storage, sea views
- Family bathroom: First floor: Japanese deep soak bath with hand held shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Ground floor shower room: Large shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Electric oven
- Induction hob
- Further 50/50 fridge/freezer located in the courtyard utility area
- Utilities include: washing machine, iron with ironing board
- Open plan living, dining and kitchen space
- Smart TV
- DVD player
- Three seater sofa
- Coffee table
- Log burner
- Large wooden dining table and chairs
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- The welcome gift includes: Tea, Nespresso coffee pods, sugar and fresh milk, Polgoon pressed apple juice, Cornish biscuits/cakes, a gift voucher for one of the Mousehole deli shops and a jar of honey from the owners own bee hives!
- Outside dining table and bench seating
- Private parking for one car - restricted to small/medium cars only
- Pet free
- Private secure courtyard for beach kit
- Outdoor shower
- Travel cot
- Stairgate (located at the top of the stairs)
- The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Welcome gift includes: Tea, coffee pods, milk, biscuits and more.
- Due to the infrastructure of Mousehole, the access and size of the allocated parking space is very tight and is only suitable for small to medium cars such as a Golf or small hatchback - larger cars can be parked in the pay and display car parks on the harbour front.
Explore Mousehole / Newlyn / Penzance and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.