Sheltered on the eastern side of the Lizard Peninsula, Coverack is widely known across the globe as one of Cornwall's most beautiful fishing villages, and it is easy to see why as white-washed cottages lead down to the shoreline. Pair this dream destination with the luxury of Trevanion Cottage for a memorable Cornwall holiday full of adventures and lazy days. This beautiful cottage offers wonderful sea views and has been mindfully restored and re-designed by our in-house Gems Interiors team offering a perfect coastal abode for up to six guests with an open plan living dining space, cottage kitchen, two bathrooms, three bedrooms and an attractive courtyard garden. The owners have installed low carbon features and show a sensitivity to regional biodiversity in their landscaping. Stroll from your door along the quiet lanes to the harbour of Coverack and the sandy beach.
A truly humbling weekend and one I won’t forget, I never imagined it would be quite as magical as it was. Despite being right in the heart of the village – so close that you can pop down for a look at the sea in your slippers! – there is no compromise on space or amenities. Trevanion Cottage is simply charming.
Trevanion Cottage is a detached Cornish cottage set over two floors and is located a short stroll from the sights and sounds of beautiful Coverack. On arrival, step into the hallway and instantly soak up the stylish interiors, original cottage character and coastal ambiance. The ground floor offers an attractive fitted kitchen where guests can whip up holiday menus using all local ingredients including the freshest fish plucked from the bay that day. Lead into the hub of the cottage, the open plan living and dining space set against the blue sea views and backdrop of the village. This relaxed space is dressed in a fresh coastal colour palette of sage greens and marine blues offering a serene space to enjoy in all the seasons from fireside suppers to summer afternoons switched off from the bustle of life at home. A wet room completes the ground floor layout. A central staircase leads from the living space to the first floor and collection of three attractive bedrooms and a family bathroom. Each bedroom includes a bespoke interior style to complement the location and character of the home and offers the very best beds and linens for that perfect night's sleep with only the sounds of the sea to disturb.
On Your Doorstep
An attractive elevated courtyard garden is located to the rear of Trevanion Cottage as is access from the first floor. This private space invites guests to enjoy al fresco dining, a morning coffee or a Cornish cocktail before supper. The village of Coverack and sandy beach is an extension to your outside space as guests can skip to the harbour and beach in just a few minutes. At low tide, rockpools reveal their treasures as children scamp over the rocks and the wide stretch of sandy beach is a safe haven to stretch out and breathe in the fresh air, welcoming dogs all year round. With a sheltered location on the Lizard Peninsula, the clear swimming waters are as tempting in the warmer months as those invigorating winter dips! The village of Coverack has so much to offer with a warm and welcoming heart to the community. Day boat trips, cool cafes, local pubs, curio shops bring the village to life. While if adventure is on the agenda, guests can try their hand at windsurfing with a lesson form the water sports school, or take to the South West Coast Path to capture the most breathtaking seascapes in the county and discover the rich heritage of shipwrecks scuppered on the Manacles rocks. The Lizard Peninsula is a wonder to discover as Britain's most southerly peninsula, take a trip to the nearby villages of Mullion and Cadgwith.
We welcomed Cornish blogger 'Corners of Cornwall' to experience Trevanion Cottage for herself, read her blog to find out more about her stay.
- From the parking area, there are 9 steps up to the front door, with handrail.
- The rear courtyard is accessed from the first floor, via the central staircase with approx 14 steps, with handrail. The courtyard garden is uneven in places.
- One internal flight of stairs with approx 14 steps, with handrail.
- Choose from 3 luxury cottage bedrooms located on the first floor
- Bedroom one: Super king bed, clothes storage
- Bedroom two: Zip/lock super king bed (this can be set as a twin if required), clothes storage
- Bedroom three: Zip/lock king bed (this can be set as a twin if required) clothes storage
- Family bathroom: first floor: bath with shower over the bath, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Shower room: ground floor: shower, wash hand basin, WC
- A fully fitted kitchen
- Electric oven
- Built in microwave
- Induction hob
- Utilities include: Washing machine, iron with ironing board. Seperate laundry room.
- An open plan living and dining space with views of the sea
- Log burner
- Ample relaxed seating
- Smart TV
- Dining table with 6 dining chairs
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Allocated parking for 2 cars to the front of the cottage
- Private courtyard garden to the rear of the cottage
- Outide seating and dining area
- Ground source heatpump and underfloor heating.
- Water efficient fixtures.
- Pesticide free, wildlife friendly outside space.
- Travel cot
- High chair
- Walk to the harbour
- The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Welcome gift includes: Milk, butter, scones, bread, Furniss biscuits, Cornish coffee, Cornish tea, orange juice, jam, salt, clotted cream and more.
- Please note that due to the original architecture of the cottage, the ceilings are lower than normal, care should be taken at the door frames and on the stairs.
Explore Mullion / Cadgwith / Coverack and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage