A first class coastal residence in the heart of Fowey
Combining the refined elegance of a country style with an unrivalled coastal location, immerse yourself in the beauty of Admiral House, a first class residence-by-the-sea for your luxury stay in Fowey, South Cornwall. 8 indulgent bedrooms are set over the two floors of the house including the beautiful 'Nest' offering accommodation for up to 15 guests overall, the open plan living space of the ground floor is idyllic for holiday life in all seasons with a wonderful terrace over looking the ever changing sea and harbour views below. A sleeps 17 option is available for a small extra charge, please enquire.
An outstanding property. Beautifully decorated and very well equipped with lots of attention to detail. We were all very impressed by the exceptionally high standard of this property.
This Victorian semi-detached townhouse lies in the picture perfect maritime port of Fowey, guests will enjoy the luxury of the location with the cosmopolitan collection of cafes and restaurants just a short walk away. Admiral House comes from the heart of its owners and has been lovingly renovated as a family home ensuring the open plan layout complements the comings and goings of holiday life. Arrive to the generous kitchen space, a real hub to the house with large central island and relaxed seating area with kitchen table seating 8 guests perfect for children's early suppers or a quiet morning coffee as the house comes to life for the day. The envy of any budding chef, the stylish country kitchen comes with a contemporary twist from the state of the art range cooker to the instant boiling water taps. Whether whipping up a light lunch or a gourmet seafood feast fresh off the boat, this spacious kitchen encourages culinary inspiration. Just off the kitchen the cool bar area evokes the vintage styling and unique lofty space of New York apartment living with full sized pool table, flatscreen TV and bespoke bar area with wine and drinks fridge. Set to impress, the dining room of Admiral House is truly beautiful. The dining table can seat up to 14-16 guests with thoughtfully chosen furniture. French doors lead onto the terrace to create the perfect coastal dining experience. The homely living room mirrors the relaxed country style creating a calm ambience in which to relax and unwind away from the bustle of the house. Children and adults alike will adore the cinema room created within the cellar, a wonderful space to sit back and enjoy a favourite film. The central staircase leads to the first floor where a romantic collection of 3 super king bedrooms and a single bedded room combine a soft colour palette with luxury linens and the highest quality Kensington 3000 Health beds. A further 3 bedrooms (super king zip and link) can be found on the 2nd floor with private bathroom. No less considered the recently renovated bathrooms bring a Georgian twist amidst the luxurious rain showers and claw foot baths. Located to the rear of Admiral's House is the self-contained 'Nest', a serene super king (zip and link) bedded annex with ensuite bathroom. This self contained annex is perfect for family au pairs or those looking for accommodation away from the hubbub of the house.
On Your Doorstep
To the front of the house is a beautiful elevated terrace which captures the sea views from the mouth of the River Fowey leading down to the quieter sheltered waters of the harbour and maritime life below. This spacious terrace garden brims with colour from the Mediterranean style planted pots. Choose to dine al fresco at the over sized Kettler steel dining table with chairs, watch the world sail by simply relaxing upon a sun lounger with a favourite book. A thoughtfully placed hot tub invites an indulgent afternoon or welcome soak after a day at sea. Steps lead down from the terrace to the quiet private road below, from here a further flight of steps leads down onto the Esplanade and into the town. Just off the kitchen, doors lead to a private courtyard area beautifully planted with Bay Tree topiary and pot plants. Whether it is home from home or its your first visit, Fowey is set to impress. Influenced by it's vibrant maritime community, the picture perfect streets combine traditional chandleries and yacht clubs with chic cafes, stylish restaurants and artisan shops. A number of coastal and woodland walks lead from the house taking up and over the headland for a jackpot view of the harbour or more inland admist the inlets and creeks. Hardy sailors will enjoy the beautiful sailing waters of St Austell Bay or for a family day on the river then enjoy a lazy cruise up river with a Cornish picnic. Not to be missed, the Royal Fowey Regatta commences in mid August and attracts sailors the world over - the Red Arrows air display team quite literally fly past your elevated decking for your very own jackpot view.
Admiral House is the perfect family home from which to immerse yourself in Cornish zen, a first class holiday home.
- Approx 50 steps(with handrail)lead down from the car parking area to the rear of the house where the access door is located.
- Level access to the front and back terraces from the ground floor, steps lead down to the road below from the front terrace
- 2 Internal flights of stairs to the 1st and 2nd floors. The Nest is accessed back up the rear steps mid way (29 steps) but is level throughout
- An exquisite collection of 7 bedrooms set over the 2 floors of the main house and the separate Nest to the rear of the house, each an indulgent haven of style and indulgence with luxury 'Kensington 3000' Healthbeds. All bedrooms offer bedside tables with lamps, wardrobes in bedrooms 1 and 2 and hanging rails within the remaining bedrooms.
- Master bedroom One: Super king bedded room with 2 x bedside tables with lamps, built in window seat within the bay window, beautiful wardrobe with drawers, sofa, Cheval mirror, hairdryer, river views, ensuite bathroom.
- Bedroom Two: Super king bedded room with 2 x bedside table and lamps, built in window seat overlooking the sea, wardrobe with drawers, hairdryer, river views, ensuite bathroom
- Bedroom three: A smaller single bedded room, chest of drawers, chair
- Bedroom four: Super king zip/link bedded room with 2 x bedside tables and lamps, dressing table, Cheval mirror, hanging rail, chest of drawers, hairdryer, dressing table, doors onto pretty terrace area
- Bedroom five: Super king zip and link bedded room with sea views, 2 x bedside tables with lamps, dressing table, hairdryer, full length mirror, chest of drawers
- Bedroom six: Super king zip and link bedded room with relaxing sofa, 2 x bedside tables with lamps, Ottoman, full length mirror, hairdryer, chest of drawers and hanging space
- Bedroom eight: Super king zip and link bedded room with storage
- Bedroom seven: Located to the rear of Admirals House, detached from the main house, is a charming one bedded 'Nest' with super king zip and link bed. A large living area with kitchen area, washer/dryer, dishwasher, electric hob, breakfast bar, L shaped sofa with television, ensuite bathroom
Sleeps 17 option
- For additional accommodation, a further super king zip and link bedroom can be utilised located on the 2nd floor of the main house, guests are asked to be mindful of the bathroom facilities prior to booking. This additional room is available at £250 per week.
- Reflecting the Victorian charm, each bathroom has been beautifully created with indulgence in mind.
- Master bedroom: Luxury ensuite bathroom with stand alone claw foot bath, separate rain shower, his and hers wash hand basins, heated towel rail and WC
- Bedroom Two: Luxury ensuite bathroom with deep bath, over the bath rain shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and WC
- 1st floor family bathroom with deep bath, over the bath rain shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and WC
- 2nd floor family bathroom with deep bath, over the bath rain shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and WC
- A ground floor cloakroom with WC and wash hand basin
- The Nest: Ensuite facilities
- An open plan fully fitted kitchen just perfect for large group cooking – a budding chefs dream!
- State of the art electric Range cooker with single electric oven
- 4 gas hob burners with additional gas wok burner
- Built in microwave
- Additional single electric oven
- Large larder style fridge/freezer
- 4 slice toaster
- 2 x dishwasher
- Wine fridge
- Boiling water tap
- Additional bar area with boiling water tap
- Wall mounted flatscreen TV with full SKY hd with SKY sports and movies in living room and bar area
- A kitchen table with 8 chairs, perfect for early suppers and morning coffee
- Utilities include: Washing machine, tumble dryer, clothes airer, iron with ironing board
- A beautifully dressed dining room from formal celebrations to relaxed suppers
- A stunning dining table with seating for up to 16 guests comfortably (3.5 metre table)
- Double French patio doors onto the terrace overlooking the sea
- The sitting room is set just off the open plan kitchen and creates a relaxing space for all from the main hub
- Built in window seat set within the bay window over looking the sea
- Large flatscreen TV
- Sky package with +HD
- Sonos surround sound system with iPod connection
- The charming library space is set off the living room and offers a further extension to the relaxed seating
- A cinema area is located within the cellar
- Under floor heating on ground floor and cellar, radiators on upper 2 floors
- Sonos surround sound system
- Full sized pool table
- Cinema room located within the cellar area with Bose surround sound system and comfortable L shaped sofa
- Travel cot
- Stair gates x 2
- Beautiful outside Kettler furniture with seating for 18 guests
- Hot tub located on the terrace - Please note that the water in the hot tub will be changed for each new guest arrival and therefore may take a few hours to come back up to temperature.
- Please note that guests are asked to refrain from using the hot tub after 10pm.
- Parking for up to 4 cars, 2 within the garage and 2 in front of the garage
- 2 x sun loungers
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- Admiral House is a terraced property. Due to this we ask that all guests respect the neighbours and keep noise to a minimum after 10pm and do not use the hot tub after this time.
- Please note that the fires within Admiral House are decorative only.
Explore Fowey and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage