Blissfully tucked away in the sand dunes of Hayle and on the edge of a sprawling nature reserve, Barefoot Beach House is a luxury eco-lodge, designed with light-filled living in mind. With the emphasis on the natural elements around it, the house showcases open plan spaces and large glass doors that let Cornish light flood in. Quality and style combine with strong eco-credentials - such as ground source heating and sustainably sourced timber framing - to create a luxury, back-to-nature escape for the mindful traveller. The three bedrooms and two bathrooms provide calm havens for guests to relax in, whilst flowing social spaces invite family and friends to come together. A 10-15 minute amble through the network of dunes and sea grass takes you to the sandy beach and shoreline.
We have loved our stay at Barefoot Beach House. Everything we needed was there and such a equipped place to stay and the walk across the dunes is wonderful with the beach at the end - breathtaking! Thank you for letting us stay in this wonderful house!
- Dog Friendly
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Barefoot Beach House is a detached, single story lodge with a real sense of zen throughout. Set within a gated development, you'll arrive into the entrance hall and lead straight into the open plan living, kitchen and dining area where friends and family can spend quality time together amidst laid-back luxury. In summer months, slide open the glass doors, inviting the balmy breeze inside. Whilst during winter stays, cosy up by the glowing log burner with a hearty fish supper. A tonic for busy souls, the cool, calm white walls and dove grey accents create a fresh yet cosy feel in each of the three bedrooms, and the finest of linens promise a restful seaside slumber. In the morning, wake to enjoy buttery pastries at the oh-so-stylish kitchen breakfast bar, before heading out for a day of adventure.
On Your Doorstep
Step out from the living area into the safe haven of the enclosed garden, where an attractive dining area calls for al fresco dining until sunset. Heading out over these undulating dunes will lead you to stunning views of St Ives Bay, Godrevy Island and Gwithian Beach within moments. From the dunes, access the dog-friendly beach, Godrevy, where you can truly embrace the barefoot, salty hair lifestyle. For those of you seeking an invigorating dose of watersports, the surfing academy offer a helping hand for beginners, while there are countless hours of fun to be had on the sandy shore. Explore the trails of the nature reserve and discover the remains of the National Explosive Works, which is a reminder of both the county's mining past and wartime Cornwall. If daytrips are on the agenda, the pretty old pilchard port of St Ives is fifteen minutes away, or hop on the short train ride to Penzance, where you can cross the causeway to St Michaels Mount.
Whether you're looking for a relaxing summer stay or wild midwinter escape, experience a very Cornish stay at Barefoot Beach House.
- There is level access from the parking to the front door
- There are no steps up to the front door, but one step out from the back door
- Choose from three luxury bedrooms, all located on the ground floor
- Bedroom one: king sized bed
- Bedroom two: superking zip/link bed
- Bedroom three: superking zip/link bed
- Bedroom one: ensuite shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Family bathroom: bath, over the bath shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- A modern, open plan kitchen and dining space
- Energy efficient electric oven
- Electric hob
- Nespresso Vertuo Plus coffee machine
- Utilities include: A separate utility room with a washing machine and tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore Gwithian / Hayle and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.