Tucked away in a private setting, yet just 5 minutes from the beaches, open the gate to Chycoose and experience the Cornish charm of this oh-so-special seaside Gem. With a stunning new look, the interiors and garden have been thoughtfully updated to wonderfully blend original historic features with a fresh and vibrant holiday appeal. Three stylish bedrooms, two contemporary bathrooms, a relaxed sitting room, cosy snug and modern-day kitchen/diner offer a winning backdrop for that coastal holiday we all dream of, all set in a pretty cottage style garden with views of the blue sea beyond. Just a hop to the beaches of Trevone, choose from the sandy shores or enjoy the 'Rocky Beach', a shell-hunters paradise before stretching out along the South West Coastal path towards buzzy Padstow and beyond.
The location is lovely, a short walk to the beach. It was lovely having a sea view. We enjoyed eating outside on the terrace in the evening.
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Chycoose is a split level Cornish home set in a private enclosed garden. Arrive at the heart of the home, the spacious open plan kitchen and dining space where guests can gather together and enjoy sociable cooking, good conversations and dine enjoying some of Cornwall's most lip-smacking food and drink from Padstow Farm Shop just a 5 minute drive away. A central hallway leads through to the sea facing side of the house where a separate living room is flooded with daylight from the large windows framing the coastal blue view. Fire up the log burner as the months get cooler, relax in the peace and quiet with a favourite book and relax in holiday comfort after a busy day of exploring Cornwall. Two of the bedrooms are located on the ground floor, each offering personalised decor and assuring a good night sleep. The family bathroom and additional shower room (located back through the kitchen) complete the ground floor layout. Ascend to the first floor where bedroom one offers glorious sea views from the eaves of the house.
On Your Doorstep
The garden wraps around Chycoose ensuring that from sun up to sun down, guests can sit and soak up the rays. The garden is enclosed once the gate is closed and offers a safe space for children and dogs to play. The sea-facing terrace offers a large outside table and chairs and steps lead down to the grassy lawn. With the beaches of Trevone just a short five minute walk along the coast path or down the road, choose to extend your holiday space to the sand and the sea. Trevone offers two very different beaches, the soft sands and gentle surf to the right or the locally known 'Rocky beach' where rockpools reveal a treasure of marine life and hours of entertainment for the young at heart. Wander past Rocky beach to the natural sea pool in just 5 minutes and take a dip or enjoy the waves of the sandy side. For an evening drink, The Well Park is a minute stroll away and welcomes guests to enjoy the beer garden with-a-view and the beach cafe serves up coffees, cakes and more. Heading along the coastal path from your holiday door and you soon arrive at Harlyn Bay, a larger sandy beach popular with surfers or head north towards Padstow taking in the iconic Stepper Point before looping back along the Camel Estuary to Padstow where pasties, harbour life and more await. From beach days to days on the water, lazy days to an action packed itinerary, the natural playground of Trevone and the Seven Bays is hard to beat, however you like to holiday and whatever the season.
- Level access from the parking area to the front door.
- Level access from the inside onto the terrace. 2 steps down to the lower lawn and 2 steps up to the rear garden.
- Limited head height within the eaves of the master bedroom.
- One internal flight of stairs.
- Choose from three bedrooms located on the ground and first floor
- Bedroom one: 1st floor: Super king bed, sea views, DAB radio
- Bedroom two: ground floor: Super king bed zip/link (this can be set as a twin if required), sea views and double doors to the garden and terrace
- Bedroom three: ground floor: Super king bed zip/link (this can be set as a twin if required), garden views
- Family bathroom on the ground floor with bath, shower over the bath, wash hand basin and WC
- Shower room on the ground floor with shower, wash hand basin and WC
- A modern fully fitted kitchen
- Electric oven
- Oil fired Aga
- Built in microwave
- Fridge/freezer with ice dispenser
- Bose radio
- Nespresso Vertuo Plus coffee machine for coffee pods
- Doors to the garden
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- A light and sunny separate living room with sea views
- Ample relaxed seating for all
- Double doors to the garden and terrace
- Log burner
- Bluetooth SONOS speaker
- There is an additional snug area with comfy seating and Smart TV
- The dining table and built in seating is located in the kitchen space
- Luxury linens and towels
- Travel cot
- One stairgate
- 2 sun loungers
- Outside dining table and chairs
- One dog welcomed - there is a seasonal dog ban on Trevone sandy beach from 10am - 6pm May to September, the garden enclosed
- Allocated parking for 2 cars
- Walk to the beaches of Trevone
- Enclosed and gated garden
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore Padstow / Trevone / Wadebridge and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.