New for 2023: A newly refurbished thatched round house in pretty Veryan.
Built in 1830, Chyrond is one of the five iconic thatched round houses dotted around the beautiful village of Veryan, on the Roseland Peninsula. Flawlessly refurbished in 2023, and interior designed to perfection, Chyrond incorporates stunning textures, natural materials and dreamy colour combinations that are hard to tear yourself away from. The cottage garden is cocooned within established hedging and flowering plants, welcoming guests to kick back and relax among blissful surroundings. When you can bear to leave this characterful oasis, the pretty village of Veryan, lovely beaches of Carne and Pendower, and the unspoilt Roseland Peninsula are ready to embrace you.
We are delighted to welcome Chyrond to the portfolio, an absolutely stunning home on the Roseland Peninsula, retaining so much of its original charm and character.
- Child Friendly
- Dog Friendly
- Near the Beach
Enter through the front door into the first floor kitchen and dining area, whose circular shape was said to ensure there were no corners for the devil to lurk in… Invoking calm, timeless beauty, and inspiring craftsmanship, the bespoke new kitchen curves around the right hand side with mossy green fascias and marble worktops and the finest fixtures and fittings. A bespoke curved bench and dining table complete the open plan area, which is an inviting, cosy space in which to gather for suppers. Step down into the living room, where rich and neutral tones create a cosy feel, and relaxation is top of the agenda. The ground floor bedroom flaunts a sumptuous super king size bed, with access to the stunning shower room with beautiful tiling and fixtures. Up a steep staircase sits the light and airy twin bedroom with fitted wardrobes. The master room is located above the kitchen and dining area, and warms the soul with earthy tones, fine linens, and a half moon ensuite complete with roll top bath.
On Your Doorstep
The garden is private and well established; a lovely space for chilling out and socialising for adults, children and furry friends. As part of the renovations, a new garden room is being created offering a tranquil space in which to work or study or a space where children can escape the adult chit-chat. New pathways and planting will elevate the garden of Chyrond. Veryan enchants visitors with pretty thatched cottages, a lush village green and local park, and a friendly community vibe. From the gates of Chyrond, you can stroll into the heart of the village, where the New Inn offers a warm welcome and the best of Cornwall’s fresh local produce. The Roseland Peninsula is a haven for explorers, providing a tranquil getaway from everyday life. You'll love Pendower beach (1 mile away), where soft golden sands and clear waters await. The low lying cliffs and rock pools are a designated Site of Special Scientific Interest, due to biodiverse plant and bird species, and geological interest. Pendower is a National Trust beach with a car park and cafe. Whether you fancy a leisurely stroll along the shore or a day basking in the sun, walking the South West coastal paths, or exploring the fishing villages of Portscatho and Portloe, there's something to suit the whole group here. The Hidden Hut at Portscatho is one of our top recommendations; enjoy a delicious sourdough toastie, tuck into clam stew, or warm up a winter walk with a loaded hot chocolate. Stylish St. Mawes is also close by, and a haven for sailing enthusiasts and foodies. Take to the water, dine at The Rising Sun on the harbour front, or simply watch the world sail by.
- There is a slight slope from the parking to the front door
- There are two staircases within the house, leading up to the master bedroom and bedroom one
- The staircase up to the twin bedroom is steep and ladder style.
- Choose from 3 bedrooms located on the ground and second floors.
- Master bedroom: Second floor, king size bed, bespoke storage space, window seating, bedside tables, ensuite.
- Bedroom 1: Second floor, twin beds, chest of drawers and built in wardrobe.
- Bedroom 2: Ground floor, super king size zip and link bed (can be set as twins if requested), bedside tables, clothes storage.
- Downstairs shower room: Walk in waterfall shower with separate hand held attachment, wash hand basin, WC.
- Master ensuite: Bath, shower over bath, wash hand basin, WC.
- A lovely fitted kitchen within the roundhouse
- Island with oven and five ring hob
- Built in fridge and freezer
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- The dining area is just off the kitchen
- Round dining table with three chairs and bespoke bench style seating
- The living room is located on the ground floor
- Five-seater corner sofa
- Coffee table
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Parking for 2-3 cars depending on size
- Welcomes 1 dog
- Private garden with new garden room
- EV charger
- Travel cot and highchair
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- There are retractable mesh stairgates fitted to the bottom of both stair cases, and to the top of the stairs to the twin bedroom.
Explore St Mawes / The Roseland and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.