Seamlessly combining luxury coastal living with a care for the planet, Driftwood is an eco-friendly lodge that doesn't compromise on style and luxury. Made from locally sourced materials and designed to blend in with the sprawling nature reserve of Hayle's sand dunes, this wonderful home features flowing, open plan spaces, floor to ceiling glass doors and impressive eco-details such as bee bricks and a ground source heating pump. Having been expertly interior designed by Iroka Interiors, Driftwood showcases luxury coastal living at its best with three gorgeous bedrooms and two contemporary bathrooms. If you can bear to leave the haven of Driftwood, a 15 minute walk through the dunes and sea grass will lead you to three miles of sandy beaches and stunning seaside views.
We’ve had a fabulous stay at Driftwood and would stay again in a heartbeat.
- Dog Friendly
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Arrive into the entrance hall and head straight into the light filled, open plan living, kitchen and dining area. With a tastefully designed backdrop of natural, earthy tones and top quality furnishings, family and friends can unwind together with plenty of space for socialising. In the warmer months, guests can slide open the full height glass doors and roam in and out of the sun-drenched garden. For a taste of Cornwall, pop to nearby Trevaskis Farm for some fine Cornish ingredients and cook up a colourful summer spread in the modern kitchen. Whilst in the winter, sink into the sofa and plot windswept adventures over a hearty fish supper. This really is a Gem for all seasons. And when bedtime calls, the three luxurious bedrooms each offer an individual style, whilst sharing the paired back feel of a home close to nature. The sumptuous beds and finest of linens ensure sweet Cornish dreams all round.
On Your Doorstep
Slide open the glass doors and the large garden will beckon you to dine under those pink sunset skies, or plan your day over a breakfast of fresh local produce. Heading out over the undulating dunes, just outside the lodge, will lead you to stunning views of St Ives Bay, Godrevey Island and Gwithian Beach. From the dunes, access the dog-friendly beach, Godrevey, where countless hours of fun are to be had on the miles of golden sand and azure waters. Explore the winding trails of the nature reserve and discover the remains of the National Explosive Works, which is a reminder of both the county's mining past and wartime Cornwall. If daytrips are on the agenda, the pretty old pilchard port of St Ives is fifteen minutes away, or you could hop on the short train ride to Penzance, and cross the causeway to St Michaels Mount.
If you long for sustainable luxury on the coast, fall in love with Driftwood and this wonderful area of Cornwall again and again.
- From the parking area there are approx 5 steps up to the front door.
- Level access from the inside onto the terrace.
- There are no internal flights of stairs.
- Choose from three luxury bedrooms, all located on the ground floor
- Bedroom one: King bed
- Bedroom two: Zip/lock super king bed (this can be set as a twin if required)
- Bedroom three: Zip/lock super king bed (this can be set as a twin if required)
- Bedroom one: ensuite shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Family bathroom: bath, over the bath shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- A modern, open plan kitchen and dining space
- Induction oven
- Electric hob
- Nespresso Magimix coffee machine for coffee pods
- Utilities include: A separate utility room with a washing machine and energy efficient tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- Dining table and chairs
- Comfortable sofa
- 2 bean bags
- Log burner
- 43 inch Smart TV
- Samsung sound bar
- Luxury linens provided
- Outside dining table and chairs
- One well behaved dog is welcome, please note that the garden is not secure
- The landscaping has been designed to nurture local wildlife with an emphasis on native plants.
- Nearest beach is Upton Towans, Hayle
- Travel cot
- Fire pit
- Underfloor heating via an air source heat pump
- 2 allocated parking spaces
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- If you are planning on working at Driftwood, we recommend bringing an extention cable so that you can plug in a laptop at the table.
Explore Gwithian / Hayle and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.