A beautiful country manor, perfect in all seasons
Bring friends and family together from near and far and arrive to the luxury oasis of Elynglas, Cubert. Set within an attractive established walled garden, this beautiful Grade II listed period Vicarage has been flawlessly renovated and interior styled to perfection offering 6 boutique bedrooms and a spacious holiday layout in which to relax, unwind and reconnect. Follow the coast road from your doorstep and arrive to the natural beauty of the North Cornish coast in under 5 minutes drive where the golden sands and dunes of Holywell Bay stretch out before you or explore Crantock Bay and the azure blue waters of the River Gannel. From celebratory weekends to lazy Summer stays, enjoy the luxury of the location and backdrop of Elynglas.
The house is everything you could hope for. Beautiful setting, lovely garden, superb decoration, quality throughout.
Sweep around the driveway and arrive to this majestic retreat, your holiday starts here. A warm country welcome awaits as you open the door and step inside the central hallway and soak up the impressive decor and relaxed ambiance. Lead into the hub of the manor, the spacious open plan kitchen and dining space. Guests gather to dine in style at the large wooden dining table which can be dressed to impress for celebrations, kept simple for hearty breakfasts or offers a communal space for children's early suppers. The envy of any budding chef, the fitted kitchen is packed with country style from the chunky island unit and AGA to the blue/grey slate flooring and original 'linney', a convenient lean-to to house the utilities. There are two relaxing living spaces on the ground floor each offering a unique sense of calm amidst opulent fabrics and a beguiling colour palette of samphire blues, cool greys and mustard yellows. Cosy up within the formal living space in the winter months while children play in the morning room away from the adult chit chat. To the rear of the vicarage, bedroom two completes the ground floor with a beautiful family bathroom adjacent. Climb the central staircase to the first floor and collection of four bedrooms. Worthy of any boutique hotel, each bedroom has been thoughtfully styled to ensure an individual design flair, the very best beds and bedding and private sanctuary after a busy day on the coast. Bedroom one is accessed via a private butlers staircase from the ground floor. Set over the first floor there is a stylish bathroom and additional shower room. From the moment you arrive, Elynglas eases you into holiday life as guests enjoy days flipping between the appeal of the house and grounds and the Cornish coast, just moments away.
On Your Doorstep
Elynglas sits within a beautiful walled garden and offers a private space which has been lovingly maintained and planted. A spacious grassed lawn welcomes family games and where children can safely play within the enclosed environment. The terrace offers a large outside dining table and chairs for all ensuring al fresco dining becomes part of holiday life. Relax on the sun loungers, sink into the garden cushions or find your own hideaway in the shade, wile away a lazy afternoon. The hot tub is cleverly housed within a wonderful exposed wooden beamed barn just off the terrace. If you can bear to leave the oasis of Elynglas then the North Cornish coast is just waiting to be explored. A short 5 minute drive down the coast road is one of Cornwall's most beautiful of beaches, Holywell Bay. This superb stretch of golden sand is flanked by rolling sand dunes and high dramatic cliffs. The Poldark fans in the group will instantly recognise the iconic rocks and sands that Ross and his Demelza so frequently visit. Holywell Bay is popular with surfers who take on the waves and there are plenty of opportunities to have a go yourself. If coastal walks are a family favourite then there is no where better as you head up and over the pathways towards Polly Joke Cove offering beautiful swimming waters and a picture perfect beach. There are a number of places to eat from your holiday door including the characterful Smugglers Den just a short drive away or head towards Newquay, Crantock or St Agnes for even more tempting choices. The village of Cubert offers a grocery shop accessed by a side gate of Elynglas plus a local pub and a bakers.
Elynglas is as perfect for a Summer stay as a Winter weekend and offers a unique luxury base within the beauty of North Cornwall.
- There is level access from the drive to the front door.
- The garden is set on one level, there is a smaller lower level of the wild garden
- There are 2 internal flights of stairs; the main staircase with a handrail, leading to bedrooms 3, 4, 5 and 6. Bedroom 1 is accessed via a private staircase, also with a handrail. Bedroom 2 is the only ground floor bedroom.
- Choose from a collection of 6 boutique bedrooms. 1 located on the ground floor and 5 located on the first floor
- Bedroom one: (red and blue) 1st floor but accessed via separate staircase. King sized bed, bedside tables, ample clothes storage, hairdryer
- Bedroom two: (blue and grey) ground floor. Super king zip/lock bed, bedside tables, ample clothes storage, hairdryer
- Bedroom three: (brown check curtains) 1st floor. Super king zip/lock bed, bedside tables, ample clothes storage, hairdryer
- Bedroom four: (green/yellow decor) 1st floor. Super king zip/lock bed, bedside tables, ample clothes storage, hairdryer
- Bedroom five: (blue headboard) 1st floor. Super king zip/lock bed, bedside tables, ample clothes storage, hairdryer
- Bedroom six: (red throw) 1st floor. Super king zip/lock bed, bedside tables, ample clothes storage, hairdryer, ensuite.
- First floor shower room with raindrop shower and hand held option, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC, bluetooth connection
- First floor family bathroom: rolltop bath, seperate raindrop shower with hand held option, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC, bluetooth connection
- Bedroom six: Ensuite, raindrop shower with hand held option, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC, bluetooth connection
- Ground floor family bathroom: Roll top bath with hand held shower attachment, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC, bluetooth connection
- Ground floor cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
- A beautiful country kitchen
- Electric AGA ovens
- Electric AGA hot plates
- American style fridge with deep chest freezer draw
- Integrated microwave
- 4 slice toaster
- Nespresso Magimix coffee machine for coffee pods
- Island unit with 3 stools
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
There are two relaxed seating areas within Elynglas. The morning room, to the front of the house:
- Two seater sofa
- Three seater sofa
- Three armchairs
- Coffee table
- 49" Smart TV
- Collection of books and games
- Traditional log burner
- Sonos connection
The formal living room, to the rear of the house:
- Three x three/four seater sofas
- Coffee table
- Traditional log burner
- 43" Smart TV
The dining table is set within the kitchen space, a beautiful wooden dining table with 12 dining chairs, and a speaker.
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Robes for adults
- Travel cot
- 2 Highchairs
- 2 Stairgates. A stairgate can be added to a bedroom door, and to the top of the stairs, but it is not possible to put one on the stairs themselves as they are too wide.
- Up to 2 well behaved dogs welcomed, a pet supplement is applicable
- Enclosed gated garden with a hedged and walled boundary
- Hot tub with bluetooth connection - please note that the water in the hot tub will be changed for each new guest arrival and therefore may take a few hours to come back up to temperature.
- Outside granite dining table with 12 dining chairs
- Two sun loungers
- Garden parasol
- Garden croquet set
- Webber charcoal BBQ
- An outside shower
- Private parking for up to 5-6 cars
- A substantial garden shed is available (from mid July) to accommodate bikes, surfboards ect securely
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore Crantock / Holywell Bay / Cubert and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage