A stunning coastal home with stylish Scandi inspired interiors
Follow the winding coast road past the stunning scenery of North Cornwall and arrive at Glas Mor, perched above Mawgan Porth beach. This wonderful home has been flawlessly transformed with luxury in mind for a very special holiday beside-the-sea. Glas Mor offers 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and a relaxed open plan layout of social spaces making this home perfect for larger families or gatherings with friends, whatever the season. With a plum position in Mawgan Porth, skip to the golden sands and rolling surf in just a few minutes, breathe new life into your walking boots as you head along the South West Coast Path or jump in the car and explore the natural energy of the area including Watergate Bay, Padstow and Rock, Harlyn Bay, Newquay and much much more.
Very nice cottage and would go back. We have used Cornish Gems for some years now and always find them very good and attentive.
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Glas Mor has recently been re-styled by local interior designers who have creatively combined the natural hues of the Cornish coast with a pared back Scandinavian twist. The modern kitchen is kitted out with all you could need to create a mouth-watering menu using the finest of ingredients such as fresh fish straight off the boat in Padstow and local meats from Trevilley Farm shop, not to mention the finest fizz from Trevibben Mill! Dine in style at the dining table as you map out the holiday itinerary and catch up on days adventures. The living space welcomes lazy afternoons beside the fire in the cooler months or escape for a quiet solo afternoon whilst the others hit the beach. The luxury bedrooms are set over the ground and first floors of the house, each room has been thoughtfully dressed in the finest linens and furnished with the very best beds for a good night's sleep.
On Your Doorstep
Step out from the kitchen into the generous outside space that wraps around the whole house, the gated entrance ensures a safe haven for children and dogs to explore and play. The seating area with large table welcomes al fresco dining from sunny breakfasts to hearty suppers. With Mawgan Porth beach within a 5 minute walk away, your outside space is extended to the golden sands and oh so blue seas so days are spent flipping from your holiday door to sandy shore! The local community at Mawgan Porth offers a warm welcome and one-stop for all of your daily essentials from fresh coffee and bread at Cornish Fresh, the daily papers at Betty's Newsagents and, of course, those holiday ice creams and fish and chips! The Merrymoor Pub welcomes families for pub-grub and a local pint or head to the delicious home-cooked fare from Scott and Babs. Cornwall is firmly on the foodie map and nowhere more so than the stretch of coastline from Newquay to Padstow. The natural beauty and footprint of the area is an absolute joy to experience as guests learn to master the waves, head out for a days fishing, walk for miles along some of the most stunning coastal paths in the country and discover hidden spots. The beaches of North Cornwall are some of the best and include Watergate Bay (approx 20 minute walk from Mawgan Porth), Porthcothan, Treyarnon Bay, Constantine Bay, Fistral Beach, Crantock... the list goes on. Padstow is well worth a visit or soak up the surf culture at nearby Newquay.
Glas Mor offers the perfect backdrop and local base from which to rest, relax and create your own luxury holiday highlife.
- There are 7 steps up to the front door from the parking area.
- Access to the garden is via 2 steps down from the back door.
- One internal flight of stairs.
- Choose from 4 stylish bedrooms set on the ground and first floors
- Bedroom one: 1st floor. Superking bed, ample storage, dressing table, hairdryer, sea views, ensuite
- Bedroom two: 1st floor. Superking zip/link bed (this can be set as a twin or superking bed), ample storage, dressing table, sea views, ensuite
- Bedroom three: ground floor. Superking zip/link bed (this can be set as a twin or super king bed, please note that due to the size of the room, the beds are still quite close when split), ample storage, 28" smart TV
- Bedroom four: ground floor. Superking zip/link bed (this can be set as a twin or super king bed, please note that due to the size of the room, the beds are still quite close when split), ample storage, dressing table
- Bedroom one: ensuite shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom two: ensuite shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Ground floor family bathroom with deep bath, shower over the bath, wash hand basin, WC
- Ground floor family shower room with walk-in shower room, wash hand basin, WC
- A modern fully fitted kitchen
- Electric range cooker
- Gas hobs
- Combination large fridge/freezer
- Nespresso Magimix coffee machine (for coffee pods)
- Utilities include: A separate utility room with washing machine, iron with ironing board
- A relaxed and stylish living space with sea views
- 50" smart TV
- DVD player
- Ample seating for all on the large corner sofa
- Coffee table
- Gas effect fireplace
- Large dining table located within the kitchen space
- Deep window seat
- Baby friendly - what's included
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Comfortable outside seating area with large table, corner sofa and bench style seating
- Outside shower and tap
- Travel cot
- One stairgate
- One well behaved dog welcomed, a small pet supplement is applicable
- Mawgan Porth beach is dog-friendly year-round
- Off-road gated parking for 4 cars, there are no height or width restrictions
- Walk to Mawgan Porth beach in 3-5 minutes
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- Please note that due to the size of the bedrooms on the ground floor, bedrooms 3 and 4 can be split to create a twin option but the beds are still close together - please refer to the gallery of images.
Explore Mawgan Porth and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.