A wonderful Cornish cottage from which to explore Cornwall
Head way down to the West and arrive at postcard perfect Mousehole. Stunning Gull Cottage is perched right on the water's edge, boasting unrivalled interior design and ocean views. The cottage is perfectly placed to explore charming Mousehole, which is abuzz with life not only in the Summer, but also at the dazzling Christmas lights display in December. Unwind in your beautiful home for a while, and when you feel like a walk, wander to the sandy beach and coastal bustle in seconds.
Cornish Gems are pleased to welcome Gull Cottage to the Mousehole portfolio - explore the West of Cornwall from this oh-so-stylish cottage made-for-two
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Step through your holiday door and you are welcomed into the beautiful dining and kitchen area on the ground floor. The dining table is ideally placed in front of the sea facing window - just as perfect for your Summer breakfast as it is for wave watching over a Winter supper. The unique patterned floor in fresh blue and warm neutrals leads into the kitchen, and hints at the creative design that awaits. A fine fit for any budding chef, the modern kitchen makes cooking a joy. Stroll down to the harbour front to collect the freshest of seafood, and cook up a feast. Even the washing up is made enjoyable; the stunning deep gold sink and tap matches the thoughtful touches throughout. Heading up the staircase to the first floor, natural light streams into the serene bedroom. Tune into the Roberts radio, sink into the luxury linens and lose yourself in the view once again. In the statement ensuite, the luxury continues with the waterfall shower - a treat for sandy toes and salty hair! Ascend again up to the 2nd floor, the inviting living room is an uplifting space in which to relax, snuggle up by the log fire with a book from the thoughtful collection, or watch the comings and goings of harbour life from the chair by the window.
On Your Doorstep
In your holiday front garden, outdoor seating is perfectly positioned for soaking up the incredible sea and harbour views. St Michael's Mount can be seen just off the Marazion coast, along with St Clements Isle; a rocky islet that is often a sanctuary for seagulls and seals. Watch the bobbing boats bringing in the catch of the day as you breathe in the salty breeze. With its way down West location, Mousehole epitomises the classic Cornish Idyll; wiggling alleyways, a buzzing harbourfront and plenty of independent shops to nose around. Dawdle away your days in this beautiful village, or if a day trip is on the agenda, head to Penzance and walk the cobbled causeway to St Michael's Mount. This castle is riddled with myth and legend, and is a memorable day out for the whole family. If you can bear to leave Gull Cottage for dinner, The Old Coastguard is a favourite in Cornwall and serves plenty of fresh seafood as you might have guessed! Iconic coastal towns of Land's End, St Ives and Falmouth are all within easy driving distance of Gull Cottage.
- From the road level, there is sloped access to the front door.
- The garden is level and slate paved.
- Gull Cottage is set over 3 floors (Ground floor: kitchen/dining, 1st floor: Ensuite bedroom and 2nd floor: living area.
- The bedroom is located on the 1st floor
- King size bed
- Ample clothes storage
- Roberts radio with bluetooth
- Sea views
- The ensuite bathroom is located on the 1st floor
- Raindrop walk-in shower
- Wash hand basin
- Heated towel rail
- The kitchen is located on the ground floor
- Smeg electric oven
- Induction hob
- Krups Nespresso coffee machine for Nespresso and Nespresso compatible coffee pods
- No dishwasher
- Utilities include: Integrated washer/dryer, iron with ironing board
- The living space is located on the 2nd floor
- 39" Smart TV
- DVD player
- Two seater sofa
- Coffee table
- Sea views
- Log burner
- Bose speaker
- The dining space is set within the kitchen area on the ground floor with a dining table and built in seating
- Gull Cottage is suitable for babes in arms only
- Travel cot (H76cm x W103cm)
- No highchair
- Luxury linens and towels
- Outside dining table and chairs
- Steamer style sun loungers
- Charcoal BBQ
- One well behaved dog welcomed - please note the garden area is not completely enclosed. There is a gate on one side of the garden but the other side is open to the permissive footpath to the other mews cottages.
- Outside tap
- There is no allocated parking for Gull Cottage but parking can be secured nearby within the Mousehole car parks - please refer to the home truths tab of this property page
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- Please note that due to the infrastructure of Mousehole, there is limited parking within the town. There is no allocated parking at Gull Cottage but the nearest car park is South Quay Car Park located to the right of the harbour which is approx 4 min walk away. The South Quay Car Park includes parking along the South Quay and also in a small area of tarmac immediately above the beach. The car park is pay and display and guests can pay for a 24 hour stay, long stay tickets are not available so guests will need to top up the meter accordingly. The cost per day is £5.00. Guests can pull up via car to unload within approx 1 min walk of the front door.
- There is limited mobile phone coverage in this location. Please check with your carrier for further information. Gull Cottage does have wifi.
- Gull Cottage is part of Saltponds, a beautiful mews of fishermans cottages. There is a private footpath that runs in front of the cottages and before their gardens, the other residents of Saltponds have permissive access.
Explore Mousehole / Newlyn / Penzance and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.