A stunning coastal residence overlooking the sea
Set within an exclusive private road in coastal south Cornwall, Headlands offers a wonderful oasis of holiday heaven to enjoy throughout the year. Choose from five beautifully styled bedrooms and relax in the generous social spaces including a large dining room, two relaxed living rooms and wonderful garden terrace with far reaching views across the sheltered waters of St Austell Bay. The seasonal outdoor pool is for your use only, and completes the luxury holiday highlife as adults and children can dip in and out all day. Headlands is short walk from the sandy coves of Porthpean and Duporth where dinghy sailors and kayakers launch. This postcard-perfect stretch of coastline along the south coast is the gateway to The Roseland Peninsula leading down towards St Mawes. Headlands is as perfect for summer stays as for winter weekends.
Cornish Gems are delighted to welcome Headlands to the luxury Crib portfolio - a first-class coastal residence in the heart of south Cornwall
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
- Swimming Pool
Headlands is set over three floors and has recently been modernised and refurbished to present an extra special home-from-home ambiance. Arrive into a spacious hallway and instantly soak up the sea views beyond your holiday door. A large modern separate kitchen has been thoughtfully kitted out with all you could need and offers ample room for all the budding chefs to get stuck in. Located just off the kitchen is a practically perfect utility come boot room with cloakroom and shower (for those post beach or pre-pool soaks) Lead back across the hallway and into the beautiful dining room with large wooden table and stylish chairs, dress the table to impress for special occasions or simply enjoy fine Cornish fare and good conversation over simple family suppers. The hub to the house is the large relaxed living space with ample seating and double doors leading out to the extensive terrace. This large social space is just as perfect in the summer as the winter when the crackling log fire ensures a cosy atmosphere whilst you watch the stormy seas. A further living space offers an escape for those looking for peace and quiet or for children to play away from the adult chit-chat. Headlands has been considerately styled with a coastal flair, think driftwood lamps, colourful artwork and a fresh nautical colour palette of whites, blues and soft greys. A central sweeping staircase leads up to the first floor and collection of four stylish bedrooms, each dressed to impress with individual fabrics and furnishings. The highest quality beds are dressed in luxury white linens. A contemporary family bathroom offers a deep bath and separate shower. A final flight of stairs lead to the eaves of Headlands and a wonderful master bedroom with stunning views across the blue bay.
On Your Doorstep
Slide back the full height glass doors and step out into a paradise of garden zen. The upper stone terrace welcomes the laziest of days as guests relax in the sofas and armchairs or dine al fresco at the smart dining table. Light the fire-pit as the day cools and extend your evening overlooking the sea. Steps lead down to the lower terrace with a large indulgent swimming pool, raised grass lawn and sun loungers. The garden is beautifully established offering colour throughout the year and is the perfect place for children to safely explore. In the cooler months, Headlands maintains it's coastal appeal as guests huddle around the firepit under blankets and make use of the generous spaces for family and friends celebrations. The sandy beach of Porthpean is a very short walk away and is popular with locals and day sailors who can easily launch and set off across the bay. The crystal clear water makes for a persuasive swimming option. From Porthpean, guest can access the south west coastal path which leads back along the cliffs towards Charlestown, a historic village, or out towards Black Head for some of the best seascapes in the area. Charlestown is well worth a visit and is often used as the backdrop to BBC’s Poldark. This charming village is flanked with cafes and restaurants overlooking the harbour and often tall ships. The private residents beach of Duporth is only 5 mins along the coastal path towards Charlestown offering a further sandy beach option. Whether young or old, The Eden Project is not to be missed and is within easy reach of Headlands. There are a number of beaches within the area including Pentewan which often whips up the surf, Gorran Haven, Hemmick and Charlestown. Day trips to the north coast are easily organised, simply pack up the car and head to Padstow in the north or St Ives to the west. From kayaking the sheltered waters, exploring the local gardens to walking the coastal pathways, however you like to holiday, explore the south coast of Cornwall from the magical luxury of Headlands.
- From the back of the house parking area, there are 5 steps down to the front door and gentle slope.
- The garden is terraced leading down to the pool on the lower level. There are approx 15 steps down to the lower level. Please note that due to the terraced garden, there is 3-4ft drop from middle level. Whilst the pool area is set away from the house on the lower level, it is not an enclosed area and children must be supervised at all times. Please refer to the pool dimensions and depths on the 'other features' tab.
- Two internal flight of stairs with 15 steps on the first flight and 12 on the second flight.
- Choose from five bedrooms set over the first and second floors with the finest luxury beds and bedding.
- Master bedroom: 2nd floor. Zip/link super king bed (can be set as full sized twins), sea views, ensuite
- Bedroom two: 1st floor: Zip/link super king bed (can be set as full sized twins), sea views
- Bedroom three: 1st floor: Zip/link super king bed (can be set as full sized twins)
- Bedroom four: 1st floor. Bunk beds with single on the top and double on the bottom
- Bedroom five: 1st floor. King bed, sea views, ensuite
- Master bedroom: 2nd floor. Ensuite shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom five: 1st floor. Ensuite shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Family bathroom: 1st floor. Bath, separate shower, wash hand basin, WC
- There are two ground floor cloakrooms with wash hand basin and WC
- Ground floor shower
- A large modern fully fitted kitchen
- Electric Aga
- Large fridge/freezer (3 drawers)
- Sonos music system
- Nespresso machine for coffee pods
- Utilities include: A seperate utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
Living and Dining
- A large extendable wooden dining table and dining chairs, SONOS
- Large living room with ample seating, 48" TV, log burner, SONOS, sea views
- Second living room with large sofas and chairs, 42" TV, sea views, Sky, Xbox One, PS3, SONOS
- Luxury linens and towels
- Seasonal heated outdoor pool. Deep end 1.9m (6.6ft) Shallow end 1.2m (4ft). The pool is 5m wide x 10m long. The pool will be available from Easter to the end of September each year and is set to around 28 degrees max.
- Sun loungers
- 6 burner gas BBQ
- Outside dining table and chairs
- Outside all weather sofa and chairs
- Travel cot
- Stairgate x 1
- Off road gated parking on the drive for 2-3 cars, further parking on the road
- Pet free
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- The pool is seasonal and will be available from Easter to the end of September each year and is set to around 28 degrees max.
What to Expect
Explore Charlestown / Carlyon Bay and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.