A coastal penthouse with wonderful sea views
Add a little seaside luxury to your North Cornwall holiday and enjoy penthouse living at High Tide. The Beach Apartments at Porthtowan have recently been completed and present an enviable coastal home just minutes from the golden sands and blue surf below. The open plan layout sets the scene for rest and relaxation with a serene sense of space and natural light whilst 3 boutique style bedrooms ensure a restful sleep after a day on the coast. Private direct beach access leads down to Porthtowan, a welcoming North Cornwall village with laid back beach bar, surf school, beach cafe and shop. Explore the nearby coastal towns of St Agnes and St Ives as you discover the beauty of this corner of Cornwall. Private parking for up to 2 cars. One well behaved dog welcome.
Fantastic Location and a lovely property. Very well equipped and the views are stunning. This was a great place to stay with many great walks from the front door and a great place to chill and unwind in the evening. I would definitely recommend this property.
From the moment you arrive, step into the superior style and considered layout of High Tide. A central hallway leads into the hub of the penthouse, the spacious and welcoming living, dining and kitchen area with stunning sea views from every corner. The ship shape kitchen is the envy of any budding chef with state of the art mod cons making holiday cooking a culinary pleasure. With Cornwall firmly on the foodie map, enjoy the freshest of Cornish ingredients. The central breakfast bar with 4 chic stools is perfect for childrens high teas or lunch on the go. Choose to dine al fresco on the generous balcony or in the cooler months the smart wooden dining table is perfect for family and friends gatherings. The comfortable sofas and armchairs are set under the eaves of the penthouse and offer a quiet corner to sit and unwind. The cool white and coastal blue colour palette evoke the serenity of North Cornwall living whilst considered soft furnishings and finest furniture complete the luxury ambiance. Leading from the living space, choose from 3 wonderful boutique bedrooms each with fresh white backdrop and nautical decor twist. The master bedroom with ensuite shower room offers a Juliet balcony with panoramic views of the beach, sea and high cliffs that flank Porthtowan. Two further bedrooms (one with sea views) can be created as twins or doubles to ensure your party can be accommodated to suit you. A large contemporary family bathroom is perfect for a post beach pamper.
On Your Doorstep
From the living space, choose from 2 tempting balconies each with breathtaking sea views. Throw back the double doors from the dining area to the smaller balcony with bistro style table and chairs, the perfect place for a mornings coffee and morning paper. The larger balcony offers an all weather dining table with 6 dining chairs. From lazy breakfasts with sunrise setting to celebratory suppers al fresco as the sun sets in the bay below this really is dining in style. Leave the car behind and simply wander down the private steps and pathways to the beach below. Porthtowan is one of Cornwall's most scenic beaches with beautiful wide expanse of fine white sand and dramatic high cliffs blooming with wild gorse and sea pinks. The rolling surf makes this beach popular with local surfers, admire their performance from the comfort of the shore or embrace the elements yourself with the local surf school, a well placed outside shower is available for a post surf hose down. To the rear of the beach is the laid back beach vibe of The Blue Bar. Soak up the sunset in true Cornish style whilst you enjoy an evening drink on the terrace. Children will enjoy the local beach shop and cafe as well as the newly refurbished childrens play area. Further afield the coastal village of St Agnes offers further places to dine or head West into the cosmpolitan harbour town of St Ives. High Tide is located moments from the Cornish Coastal Path which is great for walkers with Portreath c.4miles south and Chapel Porth c. 1.5miles and St. Agnes c.4 miles to the North. Follow in the footsteps of Ross and Demelza as you explore Poldark country.
Whatever the occasion or season, check into High Tide for a luxury holiday with your family, romantic break or catch up with friends.
- Approx 30 steps down from the car park level, there is a handrail
- Level access onto the balcony areas
- No internal steps, to access the beach there area approx 3 shorter flights of steps and pathways
- Choose from 3 boutique style bedrooms
- Master bedroom (bedroom one): King bedded room with sea views, Juliet balcony, 2 x bedside tables with lamps, built in storage, Sonos music system, Smart TV, ensuite
- Bedroom Two: 5ft (king size) zip and lock bed which separates to make 2 x 2ft 6" single beds, 2 x bedside tables with lamps, Smart TV, sea views
- Bedroom Three: 5ft (king size) zip and lock bed which separates to make 2 x 2ft 6" single beds, 2 x bedside tables with lamps, Smart TV
- Master bedroom: An ensuite rain shower with wash hand basin, heated towel rail and WC
- Family bathroom: A deep bath with over the bath adjustable shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- A fully fitted modern kitchen with ample space for holiday cooking
- 4 induction hobs
- Double Siemens electric oven/combi microwave
- 3 drawer freezer
- 4 slice toaster
- Wine fridge
- Nespresso machine with 6 coffee pods provided on arrival
- Utilities include: washer/dryer, iron with ironing board, clothes airer
- A wonderful open plan living space flooded with natural light and relaxing sense of space
- 2 comfortable sofas
- 2 stylish armchairs
- Coffee table
- Sonos surround sound system
- Large flat screen Smart TV with Blue Ray DVD and SKY HD with 'All Sports' package
- A beautiful wooden dining table with 6 smart dining chairs
- Outside dining table with 6 chairs
- Smaller cafe table on the balcony with 2 dining chairs
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Private allocated parking for 2 cars
- Under floor heating
- Travel cot and highchair
- Private direct access to the beach via the pathways and steps
- Private lockable surf store
- Bt landline for UK calls (restricted use for mobiles)
- Please note that the mobile reception is intermittent in the area
- One well behaved dog welcome
- There is little-no mobile phone coverage in this location. Please check with your carrier for further information.
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore Porthtowan / Portreath and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage