Laid-back luxury and impressive sea views await at Highviews
We are thrilled to showcase Highviews, our first "passive" house which enjoys an elevated position on Coast Road, Porthtowan, offering a wonderful and unusual combination of countryside, coastal and beach views. This stunning family home is nestled on Cornwall's popular north coast in between St. Agnes and Portreath and offers 4 double bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Highviews has been thoughtfully created with energy efficiency and stylish comforts in mind.
We had a fabulous time. The property is stunning. Thank you.
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
- Hot Tub
Upon entering Highviews you are welcomed by its beautiful interior design and clean lines. Crisp white walls, high ceilings and plenty of windows ensures natural light flows through the house with affluence. Once inside you are drawn to the spacious open plan living space with glass elevation and doors that fold back so you can spill out onto the vast decked terrace. The living and dining area is the perfect place for up to 8 guests to dine, relax and unwind and enjoy the many creature comforts of this superior holiday home. The super-size kitchen is a cook's dream and cleverly combines white high gloss units with cream quartz worktops and an abundance of integral appliances including; 5 ring induction hob, large freezer, large fridge, dishwasher and a bank of ovens comprising - 2 electric ovens, steam oven and microwave. The focal point is the large central island unit with sink, separate drainer and 4 velvet stools. A folding door leads from the kitchen to the private rear courtyard with BBQ, built-in seating and a breakfast table with chairs. There is a separate utility and a ground floor wetroom finished in pebble tiling, with a very unique sink! Choose from 4 beautifully styled bedrooms set over the ground and first floor and offering the finest luxury beds and linens.
On Your Doorstep
The wooden decked terrace spans the full width of this spacious home and ensures the perfect vantage point to soak up the wonderful views whether that be over a morning coffee or a 'sundowner'. The sunset colours from Highviews are sure to delight on a balmy summer's evening. The generous lawn offers an enclosed space for adults to “chillax” or children to play. 3 over-sized bean bags are available along with a large trampoline. Porthtowan itself offers some delightful restaurants and cafes including the popular Blue Bar which also offers evening entertainment and surf shops. The lifeguarded beach has been awarded Blue Flag status and is ideal for bathing and is sure to be a hit with the surfers amongst you. Porthtowan is conveniently situated just a few minutes away from the A30, providing great access to the rest our beautiful Duchy has to offer.
- 4 steps down to lower terrace and front door
- Level access onto terrace, gently sloping lawn with sunken trampoline
- One internal flight of stairs
- Master bedroom: Super king size bed with grey fabric bedstead, 2 x bedside tables with lamps, 2 x large wooden sideboards, walk-in wardrobe, wall-mounted TV, black and white patterned couch, large windows showcasing countryside, sea and Porthtowan beach views, Juliet balcony and en-suite shower room. An optional double sofa bed is available in this room. Please advise the team if you require additional linen for this
- Bedroom two: A super king zip/lock super king bed (can be set as twin room if required),built in desk style workspace with leather chair, industrial style filing cabinet, chest of drawers, low sideboard, wardrobe and shelving cupboards, armchair and cream wool rug
- Bedroom three: A super king zip/lock super king bed (can be set as twin room if required), dressing table and mirror, wardrobe and shelving cupboards.
- Bedroom four: Ground floor king size bed, bedside tables with 1 lamp, wooden chest of drawers, stool and en-suite shower room
- Family bathroom: A crisp white room offering a free standing oval bath, walk in shower, toilet, wall-mounted mirror, heated towel rail, wash hand basin, and storage trunk.
- Master bedroom en-suite: Stunning slate feature walls offering a large double shower cubicle, square wash hand basin, toilet, bidet, wall-mounted mirror, vanity shelf, heated towel rail.
- Bedroom four en-suite: A small ground floor shower room offering shower cubicle with raindrop shower head, toilet, wash hand basin, wall-mounted mirror and feature cube glassed wall
- Ground floor wetroom: A cream tiled room with pebble feature wall and shower floor offering large shower area with raindrop shower head, toilet, wash hand basin and large wall mounted mirror
- Matt white units with cream quartz worktops
- 2 x integrated double ovens
- Integrated grill and microwave with convention oven
- Integrated dishwasher
- 5 ring induction hob
- Central island unit with breakfast bar and 4 velvet bar stools
- Kettle and toaster
- Wall mounted TV
- Large Fridge
- Large Freezer
- Folding doors lead out to the front patio area
- Kitchenette in self contained ground floor wing area of the house offering white units with wooden worksurfaces, oven, 4 ring induction hob, fridge, kettle and toaster and back door
- Separate utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, clothes airer, iron and ironing board
- Open plan iiving and dining area
- Large taupe L-shaped sofa
- 2 x armchairs
- Large wall-mounted Apple TV
- Surround sound system
- Large chunky wooden coffee table
- Wooden sideboard in dining area with lamp
- Large patio doors leading out onto decking and garden
- Countryside and sea views
- Extending dining table with 10 chairs
- Breakfast bar with 4 stools available in the kitchen
- Dining table with chairs and parasol available on front patio for alfresco dining
- There is also a separate snug room in self contained ground floor wing area of the house. This room is furnished with a large comfy sofa, wooden table with children's seating, black hide rug, large black wall-mounted mirror, TV. There are some childrens toys, games and a selection of books available. Doors lead out onto decked terrace and garden area
- Hot tub - Please note that the water in the hot tub will be changed for each new guest arrival and therefore may take a few hours to come back up to temperature.
- Allocated off-road parking for 2 - 3 cars
- Large garden with trampoline, 4 x large outdoor bean bags
- Front patio area, an ideal space for al fresco dining
- One well behaved dog is welcome - house rules apply
- Travel cot and highchair available
- Gas BBQ
- The ground floor is polished concrete with underfloor heating
- The house has disabled access - there is a ramp on the east side of the house, a disabled access front door and a 1m wide entrance to the ground floor wet room. Please note that although there is disabled access, there are no disabled facilities inside the house (such as hand rails, shower chairs, etc)
- There is a pathway which is just a 10 minute walk to the village and beach
- Kindling, logs and fire lighters will be provided for guests staying in the cooler months between September 30th and April 1st
- All utilities, linen, towels and guest soaps included
- Complimentary welcome gift provided on arrival
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore Porthtowan / Portreath and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.