A stunning Cornish cottage moments from the coast
Set in the picture perfect Cornish village of Veryan on the Roseland Peninsula, Hummingbird brings together the charm of a Cornish country cottage with a luxury twist for your holiday home-from-home. Two beautiful bedrooms, a stunning bathroom, modern kitchen and relaxed living space ensure the finest comfort for up to 3 guests whilst the spacious garden offers ample space for all. Enjoy the luxury of the village location and plum position on the Roseland Peninsula as you explore the unspoilt beaches, charming fishing coves and miles of rolling headlands and coastal paths.
Fabulous cottage in every way. Beautiful location, just loved it, we will definately book again.
- Dog Friendly
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Hummingbird has been recently transformed to sensitively combine traditional cottage features with a stylish and romantic flair. Step into the living space upon arrival and feel right at home. The open plan living and dining area is the hub to the home where guests can enjoy tranquil afternoons beside the log fire, sink into the beautiful sage green sofa with a good book and gather at the dining table for the finest Cornish fare. A separate fitted kitchen offers all you could need to whip up an impressive holiday menu including the freshest of fish from Curgurall Farm shop. Climb the cottage stairs to the first floor and choose 2 boutique style bedrooms each individually styled from the creams and greys of the master bedroom to the soft greens of the double room. The family bathroom is oh-so-stylish with striking black floor tiles, free-standing bath and vintage taps and fittings. This beautiful cottage is hard to beat, from summer stays to winter days, check-in and switch off at Hummingbird.
On Your Doorstep
Hummingbird offers two spacious terraces from which to enjoy the Cornish sunshine. To the front, a large enclosed terrace and lawned area is the perfect place for a morning coffee overlooking Veryan green or relax in the stylish green sofas of the rear terrace. Veryan has deservedly earned its pages in the guide books as one of Cornwall's most picturesque villages. Chocolate box cottages, village green, a welcoming village pub and the iconic thatched round houses built in 1817. Wander from your holiday door into the village in moments and soak up the friendly local ambiance. The New Inn pub is within a 10 minute walk down the lane and across the park and offers a very warm Cornish welcome serving up the local ales and traditional pub grub. The Roseland Peninsula is a joy to explore offering a quieter corner of the county away from the hubbub of the main hotspots. Carne and Pendower beaches are within a short drive away with soft golden sand and sheltered swimming waters. From winter walks along the shore to lazy days on the beach, walking the South West coastal paths to exploring the charming fishing villages of Portscatho and Portloe, there really is so much to discover. St Mawes is a smart nautical haven popular with sailors the world over and offers some tempting places to eat including The Idle Rocks and Tresanton Hotel or the waterside pubs including The Rising Sun. Portscatho is well worth a visit for its boutique galleries and great coffee at Tatums right on the quay. The Roseland Peninsula is just as perfect in the cooler months as the Cornish spring and summer, dig out your map and plan your South coast adventure.
- The front of the property has 2 steps up to the front gate and then a further step up to the terrace. From the rear of the cottage, there are 4 steps up to the garden gate and then 3 steps down into the kitchen area (please note lower head height at this entrance).
- This traditional cottage has a head height of 6'4 within the living and dining room.
- One internal flight of stairs with handrail.
- Choose from 2 attractive cottage style bedrooms.
- Bedroom one: King bed, bedside tables, hanging and storage space, dressing table
- Bedroom two: Double bed, bedside tables, hanging and storage space, hairdyer
- A family bathroom with free-standing bath, seperate walk in shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Electric oven
- Induction hob
- Smeg fridge/freezer
- Bose bluetooth speaker
- Utilities include: washer/dryer, iron with ironing board
- 40" Apple Smart TV
- Two seater sofa
- Two armchairs
- Coffee table
- Log burner
- Coffee table
- Dining table with seating for all
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Travel cot
- Private parking for one medium sized car, there is no height or width restriction
- Outside seating
- Garden bench seating
- Hummingbird welcomes one well behaved dog
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- Hummingbird is a traditional Cornish cottage where the ceiling (with beams) is slightly lower than a more modern build.
Explore St Mawes / The Roseland and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage