A unique and charming escape for two
Perfectly created for two, Little Boseglos offers a unique and spacious hideaway for couples or friends. Originally a mid 18th century cottage, this landmark house has been sensitively renovated to present first class luxury living with Little Boseglos occupying the rear wing of the house. The Gothic revival extension of the property was completed in the mid 1800's by the architect GE Street who was a pupil of William Morris and also designed the Royal Courts of Justice in the Strand, London. A beguiling mix of opulent fabrics, country kitchen chic, relaxed living room and an indulgent boutique bedroom await behind your holiday door. The riverside village of Lostwithiel has so much to offer from strolls along the bank, a country ale, slap up supper or good old hunt around the antique shops.
The property is lovely, decorated and furnished to a high standard.
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Tucked away off the characterful streets of Lostwithiel, Little Boseglos oozes a unique style and sets the scene for luxury living. Enter into the ship shape kitchen with dining table where self catering is taken to a new level using the areas finest ingredients from fresh fish straight from the River Fowey to artisan breads from the local deli. The generous living space really is a haven of tranquility, cosy up for film nights and a good read or enjoy holiday downtime during a quiet afternoon. The roaring fire will keep those cooler nights at bay. A contemporary shower room completes the ground floor. Climb the original butlers staircase to the first floor and the wonderful light and luxury ambiance of the master bedroom. This versatile room can be set as a super king or a twin for weekends away with friends perhaps and is dressed to impress in fresh whites and navy blues. Set to the side of the master bedroom is a welcoming snug room with two oversize armchairs and antique desk, just in case you need to check in with life at home.
On Your Doorstep
Tucked away to the rear is a suntrap walled courtyard complete with dining table and chairs and relaxed all weather sofa and chairs. Enjoy a lazy breakfast and plan your day ahead or soak up the Cornish sunshine with a good book. Boseglos House is an iconic landmark plum in the centre of this rather special town beside the River Fowey. Guests will enjoy the luxury of location as you pop out for the morning paper and freshly brewed coffee, stroll along the riverbank enjoying the picture perfect setting or dine in style at one of the restaurants. The warm and friendly community welcome visitors year round who spend the day exploring the antique shops, you never know what you might find! The River Fowey really is picture perfect with the shallow waters by the stone bridge or head up the winding river by kayak to enjoy a seabirds view of this magical waterway. Restormel Castle in Lostwithiel is packed with history or enjoy Lanhydrock House, a gem in the National Trust attractions. The Roseland Peninsula offers a quieter taste of Cornwall and is well worth exploring, the beaches of Pendower, Gorran Haven and St Mawes are all within easy access. Have you experienced the North Coast? a hop over to the other side showcases Cornwall's diverse seascapes with high cliffs and rolling surf. The maritime culture of Fowey is well worth a visit offering tempting places to eat and drink.
For larger parties, Boseglos House can be taken to accommodate up to 8 guests in opulent luxury.
- One small step from the unloading area to front door.Parking is within a a garage located approx 200 yards from the property, please note there is a slope into the garage so please drive slowly.
- Level access to the courtyard garden.
- Little Boseglos is part of Boseglos House (unoccupied during your stay)The original butlers staircase is slightly narrower than a standard staircase.
- One internal butlers staircase.
- A spacious romantic bedroom located on the first floor
- Super king zip/lock bed
- Bedside tables with lamps
- Ample clothes storage
- 32" Smart TV
- Separate reading room with relaxed armchairs and desk
- A contemporary shower room located on the ground floor
- A ship shape galley style kitchen
- Electric oven
- Electric hob
- Utilities: washing machine, iron with ironing board
- An indulgent living space from Winter weekends to Sunny stays
- 4 seater sofa
- Coffee table
- Traditional log burner
- 48" Smart TV with Freeview
- Luxury linens and towels
- Wi Fi
- Courtyard garden
- Travel cot
- Part of Boseglos House, please note the house will not be occupied whilst guests are staying within Little Boseglos
- Allocated garage parking for 2 cars located approx 2 minutes from the front door
- Secure storage space for bikes, kayaks etc
- The regular sound of Church bells can be heard throughout the day and night.
- The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Welcome gift includes : Tregothnan Tea, Tregothnan housekeeper biscuits, punnet of strawberries, Cornish clotted cream, Cornish milk, Cornish tea, Cornish yoghurt, 6 Cornish eggs, Cornish butter, Cornish Yarg cheese or bacon, bottled spring water, Origin coffee, bread and more.
Explore Lostwithiel / Lanhydrock and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.