An inspiring home set in a magical rural oasis
Hidden away amongst the flora and fauna of Cornwall, Little Cutmadoc Farm is set within a rural wonderland within Lanhydrock Estate. A magical and beautiful country home that cleverly infuses a country style with a contemporary twist. Undisturbed nature and serenity await from its very own private lake surrounded by 10 acres of private landscaped grounds including indulgent private hot tub. The barn offers four beautiful bedrooms, a new modern open plan kitchen and dining space, relaxed living room with private balcony and delightful morning room overlooking the lake. Whilst tucked away, Little Cutmadoc Farm offers easy access to both the north and south coasts. Discover the maritime town of Fowey, the artisan influenced shops and cafes of Lostwithiel by the river, head to charming Charlestown and The Roseland Peninsula or pack up for the day and explore the wide stretches of beach at Watergate Bay, Fistral Beach and away down west to St Ives.
Beautiful, fantastic tranquil space, just love it.
Little Cutmadoc Farm is a private detached rural barn set over 2 floors. Step through the double wooden front doors and instantly immerse yourself in the unique style, layout and very special ambiance. From the hall, steps lead down into the newly created kitchen, dining and morning room space which is flooded with natural light from the full height south facing glass windows and doors. The modern kitchen is a central hub for families and friends to dine together, chat and enjoy fine Cornish food. The market town of Lostwithiel is a short drive away and offers a glut of local produce from butchers to delis. Located just off the kitchen is the new morning room, a relaxing space to sit with a favourite book, enjoy a morning coffee and watch the wildlife go by through the glass doors with Juliette balcony. A staircase leads up from the kitchen/dining space to the living room on the first floor. Guests can enjoy the comfort of this tranquil area whatever the season, slide back the glass doors in the summer months to the large balcony or get cosy beside the fire in the cooler months. The master bedroom is accessed via the living room and offers a new luxury oasis with dual aspect windows overlooking the flora and fauna plus contemporary ensuite wet room. A collection of three further bedrooms and two family bathrooms are located across the ground and first floors at the other gable end of the barn.
On Your Doorstep
The outside space at Little Cutmadoc is just as magical as the inside. The thoughtfully landscaped grounds surround the lake and have been planted with lush green tree ferns, palms and even a Monkey Tree. The secluded, split-level Mediterranean inspired terrace includes a dining table with 8 chairs and garden benches under the gazebo. Indulge yourself in the bubbling hot tub with only the local pheasants and birds to disturb. A large flat lawn area is just perfect for a family tournament of croquet. Garden and history lovers will enjoy nearby Lanhydrock House and Estate or the coastal towns of Lostwithiel, Fowey and Mevagissey on the south coast are well worth a visit. The inspirational tropical biomes of The Eden Project are within easy access too. With improved transport links to the county, Little Cutmadoc is perfect for families, for couples looking for a romantic getaway or small groups looking for a relaxing environment from which to enjoy their Cornish holiday in style. With fantastic access to the A30 and its mid Cornwall location, both the north and south coast can be reached within 30 minutes. Bodmin Parkway Station is a 10 minute taxi ride away with direct trains in 4 hours from London Paddington.
- The property is accessed via rural country farm track, this is not suitable for low cars. Level access to front door
- Level access to the terrace, steps and pathway to the lake
- There is a lake within the grounds and children should be supervised.
- There are several internal steps inside due to the unique layout, there are two main flight of stairs leading to the living room and up to bedrooms 3 and 4.
- Master bedroom: First floor: King bed, built in storage, dual aspect full height glass windows, ensuite
- Bedroom 2: Ground floor: Double bed, 2 chaise lounges, real open fire, ottomon and double doors which open up onto the beautiful patio terrace
- Bedroom 3: First floor: Double room comprises double bed, chaise lounge, built-in wardrobes, 2 bedside tables with lamps and CD player alarm clock
- Bedroom 4: First floor: Twin room comprises 2 single beds, bedside table with lamp and built in single wardrobe
- Master bedroom: ensuite walk in wet room with large shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and WC
- Family bathroom, ground floor: Oval bath with hand-held shower, separate walk in shower, double wash hand basins, WC
- Family bathroom, first floor: Bath with over-head power shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
- New modern fully fitted kitchen
- Double electric oven
- Warming drawer
- Combination microwave oven
- Double American style fridge
- Under the counter freezer
- Induction hob
- Separate under-counter freezer
- Smart TV
- Large full height doors which slide back to the terrace
- A new utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- A beautiful living room located on the first floor
- Large open log fire
- 3 comfy sofas
- Smart TV
- DVD player
- Bose surround system
- 2 nubuck light leather armchairs with matching footstool
- Access to the balcony overlooking the garden from the living room, the balcony is south facing
- A newly created morning room with Smart TV, large corner sofa and chair and offering stunning views of the lake through the full height glass doors, slide back to the Juliette balcony.
- The dining table and chairs are located within the open plan kitchen/dining space on the ground floor
- Set in 10 acres of private land within Lanhydrock Estate
- Ample private gated parking
- Underfloor heating throughout
- Landscaped gardens with private lake (please note swimming is not permitted)
- Outside dining table and chairs
- Hot tub - Please note that the water in the hot tub will be changed for each new guest arrival and therefore may take a few hours to come back up to temperature.
- Games lawn
- Travel cot, highchair and stairgates
- Selection of books, board games
- Logs provided seasonally for the open fires (from 1st October - 31 March)
- Two dogs are welcome at Little Cutmadoc Farm. Please note that the garden is not enclosed but is very secluded. The local area is home to plethora of wildlife including pheasants, squirrels, rabbits etc
- The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Welcome gift includes: Large sharing crisps, crackers/nibbles, Cornish tea, Kenco coffee, sugar, Cornish Fairings biscuits, apple Juice and more.
- The lake area is easily accessed from the house, children should be supervised at all times.
- There is limited mobile phone coverage in this location. Please check with your carrier for further information. Little Cutmadoc Farm does have wifi throughout.
Explore Lostwithiel / Lanhydrock and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage