A lovely cottage just moments from Mullion Cove
Follow the road heading west and wind your way down on to the breathtaking Lizard Peninsula before arriving at the picturesque National Trust harbour at Mullion Cove. Mill Cottage is a quintessential cottage-beside-the-sea with all the coastal charm you could wish for and has been recently renovated with luxury in mind. Choose from three beautiful bedrooms and unwind in the open plan relaxed social spaces including welcoming sun-room and cosy living room. An attractive garden with sea views is filled with colour, scent and salvaged driftwood and lobster pots from the nearby cove. Mullion Cove is a short amble down the lane and is firmly on the Cornish map as one of the most beautiful places to visit. **Short break bookings can be arranged from October to Mid May by calling the office on 01872 241241 option 1 to check availability.**
What a Gem! We could not have asked for a better Cornish cottage and loved exploring The Lizard Peninsula. Ou morning swims and sunrises will not be forgotten!
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Mill Cottage is a traditional Cornish cottage that has recently been interior designed in a more contemporary style with Farrow and Ball colours and modern technology yet retains character and charm throughout. The hub to the home is the open plan kitchen, dining and living space set across the ground floor. Holiday life flows from sunny breakfasts around the dining table to relaxed evenings in the comfort of the living room as guests flip from the cove to home, in and out of the water. A large sun-room overlooking the garden with views of the sea beyond offers a welcome breakout room and extra space for children to play or adults to quietly sit and switch off. A practical and very useful utility room and cloakroom completes the layout of the ground floor. Climb the stairs to the first floor and a collection of three luxury bedrooms and two bathrooms. Fresh white bed linens and bespoke country inspired furniture complete the coastal cottage ambiance. Two large bathrooms ensure guests can enjoy a well earned post-beach pamper.
*Please note: The bushes are currently obstructing the view*
On Your Doorstep
Throw open the glass patio doors of the sun-room and step out onto the sunny terrace with dining table and seating for all. Follow the sun around the house where thoughtfully placed benches offer a quiet place for elevenses. Children will enjoy exploring the wild flower garden on the lower level, an enclosed space complete with feature thatched stone potting shed. From your holiday door, Mullion Cove is a short 3 minute walk away. This stunning harbour, dating back to 1895, is steeped in history and jam-packed with coastal charm as crab and lobster fishing boats bob under the shelter of the harbour wall visitors seek out the 'secret' beach accessed through a cave at low tide. Enjoy an ice cream sat on the wall or traditional Cornish cream tea or spot of lunch in Porthmellin tea rooms. Mullion Cove is often used as a film backdrop and even Captain Poldark has paid a visit! Guests are welcome, and encouraged, to swim in the clear waters of the cove. The South West Coast Path is easily accessible leading you up and over some of the most stunning scenery in the county. Nearby, Mullion is the largest village on the Lizard Peninsula and is a wonderful go-to hub for all you could need from fresh bread daily to pub lunches to souvenir shopping. The Lizard Peninsula is the most south-westerly point of the British mainland and is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, a stunning natural playground to explore. The villages of Cadgwith and Coverack are both well worth a visit, don't forget your camera, plus Kynance Cove where guests can swim in the clearest of waters. Explore the white sand beaches of Kennack Sands and Housel Bay.
- There are 2 shallow steps up from the parking area into the utility room.
- The garden is set within an upper terrace and lower grassed garden. Please note the garden is uneven in places.
- There is one very narrow flight of stairs internally leading to the first floor.
- Choose from 3 luxury cottage bedrooms set over the first floor
- Bedroom one: King bed with iron bed frame, bedside tables, wardrobe
- Bedroom two: King bed, bedside tables, chest of drawers, hairdryer
- Bedroom three: Twin beds (3ft), bedside tables, wardrobe
- Family bathroom with deep bath, shower over the bath, wash hand basin and WC
- Shower room with wash hand basin and WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
- Electric oven
- Halogen hob
- Integrated fridge and freezer
- De Longhi coffee machine for ground coffee
- Separate utility room with washer/dryer, clothes horse, iron with ironing board, utility sink
- 32” Ultra HD television with FreeSat
- DVD player
- CD player
- Bluetooth link for tablets and phones
- Traditional log burner
- Two x three seater sofas
- Coffee table
- Seperate sun room with large leather three seater sofa and armchair
- Baby friendly - what's included
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Travel Cot
- Two stairgates - there is a wooden stair gate fitted at the bottom of the stairs. There is a removable wooden stairgate for the of the stairs.
- Two well behaved dogs welcome
- Allocated off road parking for 3 cars
- Terrace with outside dining table with six chairs
- Two sun loungers
- Enclosed garden
- Outside tap and hose
- Charcoal BBQ
- WIFI throughout with CAT 6 sockets in bedrooms
- Landline telephone offering free local calls. All other calls are chargeable at 15p per minute via the honesty box.
- 3 minute walk to the cove - Gems tested!
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- There is little-no mobile phone coverage in this location. Please check with your carrier for further information.
Explore Mullion / Cadgwith / Coverack and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.