Originally built in the 17th century and later extended in 1854 by Cornishman Sir Hugh Molesworth, nestled in the attractive hamlet of Little Petherick, just five minutes from Padstow, lies north Cornwall's exclusive new holiday home, Molesworth Manor. Today, the house comes from the desire and passion of the owners to create a truly unique holiday home, and, through a recent sensitive two year renovation project, they have achieved just that. This inspiring private residence seamlessly blends together the original Victorian heritage with more modern order creating a timeless aesthetic. Molesworth Manor flaunts seven ensuite luxury bedrooms, each one flawlessly restored and designed with impeccable taste. Grand and elegant social areas twist into cosy nooks and quiet window seats, creating a home-from-home ambiance but with added grandeur for any occasion. A serene private wellness spa with two cedar clad hot tubs and sauna, a spacious cinema room, dedicated tasting room and gym/yoga studio complete the holiday appeal. Positioned at the gateway to Padstow and glorious surrounding bays, the luxury of Molesworth Manors' location ensures days are spent flipping between the sand and surf of the Seven Bays including Constantine, Harlyn and Trevone, exploring the culinary scene of Padstow, hopping over the estuary to Rock and living your very best holiday life. Molesworth Manor is featured in Conde Nast Traveller's 'Best Holiday Homes To Rent In The UK'.
We had the most fantastic, full-throttle, high-action, totally giggly, beautiful few days. The house was amazing. The children just couldn’t get over it, and spent hours in the hot tubs and round the fire. We cooked and played cards, and then maxed out with activities from surfing to bicycling the Camel Way. We moseyed round Padstow, drank pints, dunked ourselves in hot baths, and sucked up lungfuls of fresh air - then the field walks and wild flowers and the sea a million blues and sun sun sun. Thank you for making everything so perfect and delicious. We are obsessed with Cornwall and you gave us a stellar experience. I couldn’t speak more highly of the whole adventure.
The sweeping driveway and perfectly manicured lawn create the loveliest of settings as you greet family and friends at Molesworth Manor, your very own country house. Inside, the owners have revived the history of the house; from the Victorian wood block flooring lovingly brought back to life, to the aptly chosen William Morris textiles, every beautiful detail has been considered. The manor is set over three floors. Arrive into the ground floor reception area and lead left into the light-filled morning room. Benefiting from the Cornish sunshine, here you'll enjoy a quiet moment to sip on your freshly brewed morning coffee. The spacious living and dining area 'wow's with opulent seating, the finest bespoke furniture and attractive botanical details. Showcasing a grand dining table, huge windows and three sparkling chandeliers, every meal is a special occasion. To the right of the hallway, sits the oldest part of the manor; the kitchen, breakfast room and old Coach House. Neutral tones and beautifully upcycled oak furniture create an organic, country feel; the ideal setting for friends and family to enjoy an on-the-go breakfast and plan the days adventures. The De Vol kitchen of dreams is styled to perfection with De Vol's own Bakehouse Green fascias, soft pendant lighting and marble worktops, tempting food lovers to release their inner chef in the heart of the home. Fresh crab and lobster can be delivered to your holiday door straight from the boat in Padstow along with seasonal vegetables from Padstow Kitchen Garden. The relaxed garden room with original exposed brickwork, Chesterfield leather sofa and De Longhi bean to cup coffee machine welcomes quiet moments. Come dusk, retire to the most atmospheric of tasting rooms for end of day cocktails and conversations into the night. The Old Coach House is accessed from the kitchen area where a slate floored lobby and boot room offer practical storage for holiday kit and a paw-friendly area for dogs. Step down from the lobby into the serene oasis of the private Wellness Spa where two cedar clad six-seater hot tubs, an indulgent Finnish sauna, relaxed loungers and cold bucket drench help to rest the mind and rejuvenate the soul, all under the eaves of the original architecture. Also accessed from the lobby, via a separate staircase, is the stylish gym come yoga studio and cinema room. Yogis will find their zen with a yin session overlooking the garden, whilst children will giggle the evening away in the star-studded cinema room. From the hallway, ascend the nineteenth century staircase to the first floor landing, where a treasure trove of curiosities adorns the inchyra blue walls, and four ensuite bedrooms promise restful slumbers. From Little Greene's flamboyant peacock wallpaper to Lewis and Wood's soft blue and white palette in the master bedroom, each room has its own individual style and indulgent ensuite. On the second floor, three more sumptuous ensuite luxury bedrooms are no less considered with beautiful interior flair.
On Your Doorstep
Like all the best fairytale homes, the garden at Molesworth Manor is an idyllic haven. Sunbathe those balmy Cornish afternoons away whilst children play safely on the verdant lawn, and spend summers dining al fresco by the pizza oven and sunken fire pit. The garden has been sensitively landscaped to blend much the local Cornish granite with native flora and fauna. With an almost secret garden ambiance, discover quiet places to sit against the backdrop of the 18th century manor. From your holiday door, the natural playground of north Cornwall and the coast is moments away. The fishing harbour town of Padstow is just a five minute drive away, a mecca for award-winning chefs including Michelin starred Paul Ainsworth at No 6, Rick Stein's Seafood Restaurant and now home to many up and coming youthful chefs each offering a true taste of Cornwall be it the freshest of mussels or oysters plucked from the Camel estuary to the perfect Cornish pasty enjoyed, in hand, sat on the quay. Immersed in breathtaking countryside Trevibban Mill Vineyard is well worth a visit; take a tour of the organic, award winning vineyard and orchard, then tuck into a sharing board lunch of local produce with views of the rolling hills. The charming market town of Wadebridge is a ten minute drive away, and whether you explore its quaint little shops, free-wheel up the famous Camel Trail on bikes or simply trail along the riverside, a very Cornish pace of life awaits. Ten minutes on from Wadebridge and just across the estuary from Padstow is celebrity hotspot Rock, which is a well known haven for sailing, scenic coastal walks and Paul Ainsworth's 'The Mariners'. Cornwall's famous Seven Bays, Trevone, Mother Ivey's, Constantine, Harlyn, Booby's, Porthcothan and Treyarnon offer golden sand and saltwater surf adventure on the north coast, so why not embrace the Victorian essence of Molesworth Manor, and enjoy a good old fashioned day at the seaside.
A magical blend of old and new, and perfectly positioned for exploring Padstow, wider north Cornwall and beyond, Molesworth Manor is no ordinary home. Beyond impressive and full of character, a stay at Molesworth Manor is a once in a lifetime experience.
- From the front door, there is a shallow step up to the front door.
- The house is set across three floors with two sets of stairs, each with handrail.
The 7 luxury ensuite bedrooms each include the finest Somnus mattresses, Smart TV's, hairdryers, and Cornish toiletries. The collection of bedrooms are located on the first and second floors of the manor.
- First floor:
- Master bedroom: Super king bed.
- Bedroom 2: Super king bed.
- Bedroom 3: Super king bed.
- Bedroom 4: Super king zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin if required)
- Second floor:
- Bedroom 5: Super king zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin if required)
- Bedroom 6: Super king.
- Bedroom 7: Super king zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin if required)
All of the luxury 7 bedrooms offer private ensuite bathrooms
- First floor:
- Master bedroom: Freestanding bath, separate walk in shower, double wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom 2: Freestanding bath, separate walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom 3: Walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom 4: Walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Second floor:
- Bedroom 5: Walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom 6: Deep bath, separate walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom 7: Walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC
- A beautiful bespoke DeVOL kitchen with all you could need to create the perfect holiday menu.
- Everhot cooker with three ovens and warming draw
- Everhot induction hob and hot plate
- Two large fridges
- Large freezer
- Two dishwashers
- Central island unit with copper work surface and beautiful brass tap
- Nespresso coffee machine for coffee pods
- Sophie Conran crockery
- Roberts Radio
- Pantry just off the kitchen with belfast sink, food storage and wine fridge
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- Molesworth Manor offers indulgent and tranquil spaces for all guests with several living areas in which to relax.
- The Morning Room: Ground floor. A welcoming sitting room, benefiting from the morning sunshine.
- The Breakfast Room: Ground floor. A light and airy informal dining area just off the kitchen, with large table and seating for all guests.
- The Living Room: Ground floor. A beautiful and spacious area with seating for all and a working fire.
- The Dining Room: Ground floor. An elegant, formal room with seating for all. There is a working fire and separate dining lounge with seating for four to five guests.
- The Tasting Room: Ground floor. A sophisticated room with bar and seating and Smart TV.
- The Garden Room: Ground floor. A light-filled relaxed seating area with De Longhi bean to cup coffee machine and Chesterfield sofa, located just off the tasting room.
- The Cinema Room: First floor. This room features a pool table, large corner sofa, TV with sound bar, collection of board games and books.
- Private Gym and Yoga studio: First floor: A light filled spacious dedicated room with Ergo rower, weights bench and collection of weights, Smart TV, small kitchenette with coffee machine and cold drinks station.
- The Summer House dining area: Located across the courtyard, this additional dining space is perfect for those al fresco dining experiences when the weather is more chilly.
- The Wellness Spa: Ground floor. A calming and tranquil space with two six-seater hot tubs, a six-seater Finmark authentic Finnish sauna, cold water drench bucket for hydrotherapy, four comfortable loungers and access to the courtyard garden. Stairs lead up to the gym and cinema room. - Please note that the water in the hot tub will be changed for each new guest arrival and therefore may take a few hours to come back up to temperature.
- The Gym and Yoga Studio: First floor. An uplifting room with rowing machine, bike, yoga mats, a selection of weights and a TV. A beautiful bay window overlooks the garden and countryside.
- Just off the gym there is a kitchenette with coffee machine and drinks station.
- In the lobby there is a boot / utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Concierge recommendations for private chefs, massage therapists, fresh crab and lobster, surf instructors etc
- WiFi with internet boosters in each room
- An al fresco kitchen with built in gas BBQ and pizza oven
- Sunken firepit (wood provided)
- Outdoor shower
- Private gated parking for 7 cars
- 2 travel cots
- 2 highchairs
- Up to 2 well behaved dogs are welcome, the garden is secure with a walled and hedged boundary
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- Molesworth Manor is located in the heart of Little Petherick and also neighbours a small working dairy farm. We ask that noise is kept to a minimum late into the evening so as not to disturb the village.
- Beautifully polished original hard wood floors have been brought back to life in the hallway and kitchen spaces, please note these can be slippery.
- Please note a stair gate is not provided at this property.
Explore Padstow / Trevone / Wadebridge and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage