An outstanding coastal home overlooking the sea
Located on Carlyon Bay's exclusive 'Sea Road' on the South coast of Cornwall, Ocean Villa is an indulgent blend of pristine design and stunning sea views. Glass-fronted and reverse level living ensures coastal wow-factor, whilst the seasonal heated swimming pool tempts both summertime swims and moonlit dips. With four sumptuous bedrooms, four bathrooms and wide open-plan living areas, the home radiates light and space, promising an uplifting environment for larger gatherings. The harbour village of Charlestown is just a mile away, whilst a ten-minute stroll from the house leads to the clear waters and soft sands of Carlyon Bay beach. Fowey and St Mawes are also within easy reach and well worth exploring.
Ocean Villa is a beautiful property. Its design and layout lent itself to multiple options for gathering to socialise or retreat to rest, work or have some downtime. Starter detergents and toiletries, the Cornish Box voucher made it easy to settle in quickly and enjoy the space, while the good selection of books, games and audio Bluetooth connectivity made for great activities when the weather hindered any outdoor pursuits. The beach and Charlestown in close proximity provide a host of opportunities for good walks and wanders; whether to get a breath of fresh air, browse around local shops or to enjoy Cornish food. We thoroughly enjoyed Ocean Villa - a gem of a property that delivered rest and rejuvenation in luxury.
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
- Swimming Pool
From the curved granite steps, ascend up to the ground floor where four spacious bedrooms, three with contemporary ensuites, offer pure comfort and serenity, whilst the stylish family shower room is finished with beautiful marble surfaces and metro tiles. Ascend the suspended staircase up to the first floor, where a flood of natural light sets the holiday scene. As wide-open as the impressive ocean vistas, the living and dining area encourages time together, making those cherished holiday memories. Follow sails passing by through the mounted binoculars, tuck into delicious dinners around the dining table and plan holiday adventures together on the dreamy velvet sofas. The flawlessly functional kitchen is super-sleek and fully kitted out for you to show off your culinary skills… you can even play your holiday playlist through the smart Samsung fridge! From any of the doors along the glass front, the holiday vibes extend out onto the veranda. Spanning the whole width of the house and benefiting from sunshine early morning to late afternoon, guests will just adore quality time together with those breathtaking views from Gribben Head and St Austell bay.
On Your Doorstep
From the back door, steps lead down to the fabulous garden and pool area. This beautifully presented garden promises delight for every guest; children can splash the days away with no chance of getting cold in the heated pool, whilst the inviting BBQ and sheltered dining area take al fresco entertaining to new heights. Cornwall's south coast boasts a bountiful local larder, so why not smoke some fresh fish caught on the Mevagissey day boats? Stroll from your poolside sun lounger to Carlyon Bay's sandy shore in less than ten minutes. Or perhaps you will dip into the clear swimming waters of Charlestown; this bustling town is just a five-minute drive away and is steeped in Cornish charm and maritime history. Nearby Fowey is certainly worth a visit for its famous sailing appeal; wind down narrow streets to cool cafes and boutique shops. The natural beauty of the Roseland Peninsula is within easy reach offering postcard-perfect coves, fishing villages before arriving at St Mawes, one of the counties smartest and most beautiful coastal towns.
Whether you are big on adventure or enjoy the calmer pace of Cornwall, let Ocean Villa lure you into a world of holiday luxury.
- There are 16 steps up to the front door from the parking area, there are hand rails on both sides
- The bedrooms and bathrooms are on the entry level floor
- There are 16 internal steps up to the living, kitchen and dining level
- There are 6 steps down from the back door to the pool area
- Choose from four luxury bedrooms, all located on the ground floor
- Bedroom 1: (Master bedroom) Super king bed, access to terrace area, sea views, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 2: King bed, sea views, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 3: Super king zip/link bed (this can be set as a twin if required), garden views, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 4: Super king zip/link bed (this can be set as a twin if required), garden views
- Bedroom 1: En suite shower, bath, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom 2: En suite shower, bath, wash hand basin, WC
- Bedroom 3: En suite shower, bath, wash hand basin, WC
- Family bathroom: Walk in shower, double wash hand basin, WC
- Cloakroom on the first floor with wash hand basin and WC
- A fully fitted modern kitchen
- Neff double ovens
- Neff five-ring induction hob
- Neff combination microwave
- Bosch dishwasher
- Quooker tap
- Large Samsung Smart fridge with HD touch screen display (you can watch programmes and play music from the fridge)
- Wine fridge
- Nespresso coffee machine and milk frother
- Island unit with 2 rattan breakfast stools
- Sonos speaker
- A seperate utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board, clothes airer and vacuum cleaner.
- Wooden dining table with seating for 8 people
- Glass patio doors lead out onto the sea view balcony, which has a round outdoor dining table with seating for 8 people
- Poolside covered alfresco dining area for 8 with festoon lighting
- Three, two-seater sofas
- Log burner
- 55" LG TV with SKY
- Surround sound
- Xbox console and handsets for two people
- Two two-seater sofas overlooking the sea
- Collection of books and games
- Luxury linens.
- Travel cot.
- Goodhome Gas BBQ.
- Private gated parking for 5-6 cars.
- EV Charger.
- Ocean Villa welcomes two well behaved dogs.
- The garden is enclosed when the front gate has been closed.
- Seasonal outdoor swimming pool. This will close on the 3rd November 2023 until Easter 2024.
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- Seasonal outdoor swimming pool. Unavailable from the 3rd November 2023 until Easter 2024.
Explore Charlestown / Carlyon Bay and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.