Located on the seafront with panoramic ocean views, this stunning family home sets the scene for a tranquil escape on the coast. The house has been stylishly designed with 4 spacious bedrooms, 4 contemporary bathrooms, open plan living, dining and kitchen spaces, and a beautifully landscaped garden with bubbling hot tub. If you can bear to leave this sea-facing home for a few hours, the fishing village of Mevagissey is a charming place to explore, promising a true Cornish idyll with cool cafes and a pretty harbour.
Everything we could possibly need was at Ocean View. Amazing views, beautifully decorated and furnished. We will be back!
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
- Hot Tub
This impressive home has been thoughtfully created to make the most of the impressive sea views. Step into the hub of the house, where the airy, open plan kitchen and dining areas encourage family and friends to live their holiday highlife together. The sliding glass doors lead out to the garden and really bring the outdoors in, allowing the sunshine, fresh air and sounds of the coast to flood into the space. The large kitchen provides a stylish and sociable setting, which makes cooking up Cornish suppers a joy. Children of all ages will enjoy the snug, which calls for cosy evenings spent watching favourite films. Heading upstairs, the luxury continues with four light, modern bedrooms, each with their own statement style. Two of the bedrooms have sea-facing balconies, what better spot to sip your morning coffee in?
On Your Doorstep
Stepping out into the landscaped garden, the wide azure waters and vibrant green of the headlands promise a picturesque setting for lazy days in the sun. Enjoy fresh Cornish ingredients as you dine al fresco on the large outdoor table. The patio leads down to an outdoor sofa area and bubbling hot tub where friends can enjoy conversations into the night. Ocean View sits just off the South West Coast Path, on which you can walk to Pentewan - a wide, sandy beach and a great place to try your hand or perfect your skills in surfing or kayaking. Smaller and quieter, the sandy cove of Portmellon is the closest to Ocean View and makes a great spot for swimming. Whether strolling around winding narrow streets, watching pretty boats or tucking into clotted cream ice cream, charming Mevagissey presents you with lots to see and do. Just a ten minute walk from the house, the town offers an array of artisan bakeries and cafes, along with attractions such as the museum and aquarium. Ocean view is perfectly positioned for exploring the wider South Coast too. In the Summer, take 40 minute ferry trip over to Fowey - a pretty port full of maritime history and quirky shops. Famous attractions including The Eden Project and The Lost Gardens of Heligan are under 20 minutes away, and if a day trip beckons, The Roseland Peninsula offers stunning scenery, secluded coves and wooded countryside to discover.
- There is a very slight slope from the parking area to the front door.
- Level access from the inside onto the veranda.
- One internal flight of stairs with 13 steps.
- Choose from four luxury bedrooms set over the first floor.
- Bedroom one: Super king bed, ample clothes storage, hairdryer, Juliette balcony, sea views, ensuite
- Bedroom two: Super king bed (this bed is a zip/link and can be set as a twin if required), ample clothes storage.
- Bedroom three: King bed (this bed is a zip/link and can be set as a twin if required), ample clothes storage, ensuite.
- Bedroom four: King bed, ample clothes storage, sea views, Juliette balcony
- Ocean View offers two ensuite bedrooms and two family bathrooms.
- Bedroom one: Ensuite large walk-in waterfall shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom three: Ensuite walk-in waterfall shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Family bathroom (first floor): Large walk-in waterfall shower, luxury Vado bath, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Family bathroom (ground floor): Large walk in waterfall shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- An open plan modern fitted kitchen
- Combination fridge/freezer
- Wine fridge
- Nespresso coffee machine for coffee pods with Aerocco milk frother (coffee pods not provided)
- Electric oven
- Electric hob
- Two dishwashers
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board, washing line and clothes airer
- Sonos sound system
- Two 4k (Ultra HD) 49" TV's including Sky Q and Netflix with Soundbar and built-in speakers. The TV's are located in the living area and the dining area.
- SKY HD with full package
- Feature Dovra woodburner
- Two seater sofa
- Five seater sofa
- Grey chair
- An additional cinema room/snug with 60" Smart TV, PS4 games console, five seater sofa
- Large dining table and chairs
- Travel cot
- 6 person bubbling hot tub - Please note that the water in the hot tub will be changed for each new guest arrival and therefore may take a few hours to come back up to temperature.
- WiFi Broadband
- Well-behaved dogs are welcomed - no restriction on the number of dogs
- Enclosed garden
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Private driveway and parking for up to 4 cars
- Charcoal BBQ
- Outdoor dining table and chairs
- Two sun loungers
- Outside tap
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore Mevagissey and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.