A wonderful waterside hideaway created with luxury in mind
Follow the beautiful Cornish country lanes and arrive at the tranquil setting of Pandora Cottage, nestled on the banks of Restronguet Creek. This luxury cottage has been thoughtfully created for four guests to escape the bustle of everyday life and ensure a relaxing base from which to explore the natural beauty of south Cornwall's creeks and inlets. Two beautiful cottage inspired bedrooms, two contemporary bathrooms and a wonderful oak framed social space set the holiday scene whilst the garden and river bank offer peaceful havens. From walks along the river to days spent on the water, check-in for a holiday to remember.
Cottage very well equipped and beautifully decorated.
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
- EV Charger
Pandora Cottage is a semi-detached Cornish cottage located on a peaceful lane in Point, south Cornwall. Arrive into the wonderful open plan kitchen and dining space with large exposed oak beams and full height glass windows and doors to frame the creek views and attractive garden. The striking ink blue kitchen with modern fittings will be the envy of any budding chef, plan your holiday menus using the finest local produce and dine in style at the wooden dining table. A practical utility room is set just off the kitchen and also includes an additional large shower and WC. Lead into the comfort of the living room, a separate space with ample seating for all the party to gather together be it afternoon tea beside the crackling fire or a quiet afternoon with a favourite book or film. A central staircase leads to the first floor. There are two beautifully dressed bedrooms, choose from the master king size bedded room with views of the river or the second bedroom which can be set as a king sized double or twin bed option. The contemporary family bathroom is a the perfect place for a holiday pamper, soak in the oval bath and enjoy a refreshing shower after a day on the water.
On Your Doorstep
Pull back the tri-fold doors of the kitchen and spill out into the attractive peaceful garden offering small lawned area and outdoor dining table and chairs. Dine al fresco from sunny breakfasts to hearty evening BBQ's and enjoy the tranquility of the location. Choose to take your morning coffee down to Point Quay, opposite the cottage, where the ebb and flow of life on the tidal creek becomes an extension to Pandora Cottages outside appeal. Point is a hub for all things water sports where small boats, kayaks, canoes, paddle boarders take to the water and explore the inlets and wildlife of this magical stretch of Restronguet Creek. At high water, the creek fills with calm water offering a tempting swimming option. With a plum location on the south coast, day trips are easily planned and what a wonderful place to explore! The city of Truro can be reached by car or using the bus service from Devoran or head towards the maritime town of Falmouth buzzing with a cosmopolitan vibe and offering a first class choice of places to eat and drink overlooking the smart yachts of the marina. From Falmouth, take the passenger ferry across to St Mawes and discover the natural beauty of The Roseland Peninsula or drive aboard the King Harry Ferry, a car ferry that spans the River Fal, leading into the heart of the peninsula. If action and adventure is part of the family plans; canoes, small boats and more can be hired from Loe beach Water-sports or hop on bikes and cycle through the wood lined tracks of Bissoe Valley. If guests would like to bring their own boats then a mooring can be arranged. There are a number of beaches dotted along the coastline including Gyllyngvase at Falmouth, Porthcurnick Beach, Swanpool and Maenporth. There are two pubs within walking distance of Pandora Cottage, tuck into fine Cornish fare at The Old Quay Inn or The Punch Bowl and Ladle or, if you would rather work up an appetite, paddle at high water to the fantastic Pandora Inn on the otherside of the creek.
From summer stays relaxing by the river to winter weekends exploring the beauty of the area, Pandora Cottage invites guests to enjoy a luxury break, whatever the season.
- There is level access from the parking space to the front door.
- One internal flight of stairs with 14 steps.
- Choose from two beautiful cottage style bedrooms located on the first floor. Allergen bedding available on request.
- Bedroom one: King size bed, clothes storage, hairdryer, creek views
- Bedroom two: Zip/lock king size bed (this can be set as a twin if prefered), clothes storage, hairdryer
- There are 2 bathrooms within Pandora Cottage set on the first and ground floors.
- First floor: Family bathroom with stand alone bath, walk in rain shower, heated towel rail, wash hand basin, WC
- Ground floor: Large shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- A fully fitted kitchen flooded with natural light creating a welcoming holiday ambiance.
- Dual-aspect windows with river views
- Electric oven
- Induction hob
- Coffee machine for ground coffee
- Wine cooler
- Breakfast bar
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board and washing line
- The dining space is located within the open plan kitchen and under the full height glass windows and exposed beams
- Dining table with chairs and built in bench seating
- Large outside dining table and chairs
- A separate living room
- Smart 32" TV
- Blu-ray DVD player
- Roberts bluetooth radio/speaker
- Log burner
- Relaxed seating for all
- Coffee table
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Luxury welcome hamper on arrical, please refer to home truths
- Travel cot
- Weber charcoal BBQ
- Enclosed garden
- Under floor heating
- Outside tap
- Off-road parking for 2 cars and small boat trailor (if required)
- Slipway access. The slipway opposite Pandora Cottage is for public use and can be used to launch small boats with outboards up to 10hp. Tide dependant, 2-3 hours either side of high water.
- Easee 7 kw smart EV charger
- Walking distance to The Old Quay Inn at Devoran and The Punch Bowl and Ladle at Penelewey
- Bus service from Devoran to Truro and Falmouth
- The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Welcome gift includes: Bread sticks, Cornish orchards apple juice, Furniss Cornish biscuits, Cornish sea salt, fruit teas, Cornish tea, coffee, sugar, milk, quality mixed nuts and more.
Explore Falmouth / Flushing / Helford and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage