An outstanding St Ives townhouse with impressive bay views
This spectacular residence is located in one of the most sought after terraces in St Ives where impressive granite townhouses look across the blue bay, Porthminster beach, towards the iconic harbour and even up to Godrevy Lighthouse on a clear day. With a passion for travel and love of Cornwall, Penayr comes from the heart of owners who have created something inspirational for up to ten guests. From top to toe, the house epitomises style and rare quality. The ever changing coastal views are captured from almost every window, the social spaces encourage relaxation and indulgence and the bedrooms become a private oasis after the day's adventures. Wander from your door down into the hub of the St Ives where a cosmopolitan influence blends with the rich heritage of this very special Cornish town.
Cornish Gems are delighted to welcome Penayr to the St Ives portfolio - glorious views of the blue bay and harbour, inspiring interiors and all a short walk from the beaches.
- Child Friendly
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Penayr is an 19C granite built townhouse, mid terrace, and set over four floors. Step through the front door and into the hallway where the warmth of the house and impressive interiors begin. The living room is adjacent to the hall offering a superb space where guests can come together to relax in comfort with a sea view backdrop, plan and plot the day's agenda, enjoy pre-dinner dinner cocktails in the bespoke bar area or just embrace some peace and quiet. Maintaining much of the original features and Victorian style, the decor compliments the old but adds a little of the new. Artefacts and treasures from the owners travels personalise the home. The kitchen and dining space are open plan, just off the living area. The modern kitchen is a dream in which to craft delicious menus, using only the best of Cornwall's ingredients of course. The large glass ceiling window floods light down onto the bespoke live edge wooden table dining table encouraging hearty brunches or what about some long suppers and conversation into the evening with family and friends? The scene is set. The bedrooms are set over the lower ground, first and second floors and each present a unique colour palette, their own appeal and the finest beds and linens. For the ultimate bedroom-with-a-view, the penthouse bedroom on the second floor is outstanding with double bi-fold doors looking across panoramic coastal views and the most indulgent of bathrooms.
On Your Doorstep
To the rear of Penayr, a small courtyard terrace is a sun-trap with a small bistro table and two chairs. Located on the lower ground level at the front of the house, the tucked away super king ensuite bedroom offers a further small courtyard with bistro set table and chairs and its own private access to the street. The penthouse bedroom offers a full width balcony with incredible sea views, a small table and two chairs. From the elevated location, high above St Ives, the town, beaches, harbour and high street become your holiday playground all within a short walk away, just follow Primrose Valley down to Porthminster beach. This award winning blue flag beach is not only a favourite amongst the local residents but visitors adore the sparkling clear waters and white sand. Dine right on the sand at Porthminster Beach Cafe a highly acclaimed two rosette restaurant serving local seafood and more. The path leads from the beach to the harbour where fishing boats still land the daily catch. If you can bear to leave the beauty of Porthminster, then Bamaluz and Porthgwidden beaches are equally as pretty or step over to Porthmeor on the windward side for a surf. The coolest of cafes and bars, bijou restaurants sit alongside traditional pubs and chip takeaways, St Ives is a town for all, however you like to holiday.
Impressive in all the seasons, choose to celebrate at Penayr or simply check-in for a week of extraordinary style, sophistication and relaxation.
- From the front, there are 8 steps up to the front door. From the rear of the house, there are 12 steps down to the back door.
- The house is set over 4 levels (lower ground, ground, 1st and 2nd floors). There are 5 sets of internal stairs with a handrail.
- The lower ground floor bedroom can also be accessed via its own private entrance directly from the front street (via 5 steps)
- Both Draycott Terrace and the lane at the rear of Penayr are narrow with no room to turn a car around so we recommend reversing down to park. Large cars are better suited to park on Draycott Terrace.
Choose from 5 beautifully styled bedrooms located on the lower ground, 1st and 2nd floors
- Bedroom one: 3rd floor: Super king bed, clothes storage, 2 seater sofa, double bi-fold doors to the private balcony, hairdryer, 32 inch TV, ensuite.
- Bedroom two: 2nd floor: Super king bed, clothes storage, hairdryer, sea views, ensuite.
- Bedroom three: 2nd floor: Super king zip/link bed (this can be set as a twin if required), clothes storage, hairdryer.
- Bedroom four: 1st floor to the rear of the house: King zip/link (this can be set as a twin if required), clothes storage, hairdryer, glass doors to upper terrace.
- Bedroom five: Lower ground floor: Super king zip/link (this can be set as a twin if required), clothes storage, hairdryer, 33 inchToshiba Smart TV, glass doors to private courtyard with bistro table and 2 chairs, underfloor heating, private access to the street, ensuite.
- Bedroom one ensuite: Ensuite, freestanding bath, walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC, radiant underfloor heating, as well as lighted and heated wall mirrors with blue tooth speakers.
- Bedroom two ensuite: Ensuite, walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC, radiant underfloor heating, as well as lighted and heated wall mirrors with blue tooth speakers.
- Bedroom four ensuite: Ensuite, walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Family bathroom: Located on the rear first floor with bath, shower over the bath, wash hand basin, WC, lighted/heated wall mirror.
- Ground floor cloakroom: wash hand basin, WC
- A fully fitted modern kitchen located on the ground floor
- Rangemaster Professional dual fuel range cooker with gas burners, electric griddle plate, double oven and warming drawer.
- Large fridge
- Large freezer
- Nespresso Creatista Plus coffee machine, which also has a milk frother
- Under floor heating
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- 56" Toshiba cineama Smart with built-in apps for iPlayer, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Freeview, and ITVX.
- Sony soundbar that can be used as a bluetooth speaker
- Soundbar with blue tooth speaker
- Oversized 5-person sofa with footstool
- 2 armchairs
- Two cube pouffes
- Coffee table
- Wood burner
- Sea views
- Bar area with 2 swivel armchairs, coffee table, fireplace nook, walnut bar cabinet, 4 high bar stools, MouKey Karaoke machine and Sonos OneSL Smart Speaker
- Large bespoke live edge wooden dining table located in the open plan kitchen area with bench seating and chairs
- Luxury linens and towels
- Travel cot
- 2 dogs are welcome - please note the rear small terrace is not enclosed
- Private parking for 2 small - medium cars or 1 large car at the rear, please see accessibility statement for more details. There is permit parking on the road to the front of the house on a first come basis. 7 parking permits are provided.
- Large gas BBQ and bistro table with 2 chairs on the lower terrace, to the front of the building.
- Outside courtyard with hot and cold water taps.
- St.Ives train station is directly below the house, just a 7 minute walk away.
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore St Ives and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.