A glorious riverside home in maritime Fowey
With a plum location in the heart of maritime Fowey, Porth Vu warmly welcomes guests to experience first-class holiday life from this incredibly stylish home. With no cup or cushion less considered, think indulgent beds, the softest of linens, and light-filled social spaces, all set against the backdrop of the beautiful River Fowey. Nestled between Looe and Mevagissey on the south Cornish coast, Fowey is a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, its sheltered natural harbour making it a mecca for talented yachtsmen. Step out and explore the maritime town, wandering through the chararcterful streets to the quay, and enjoy the comings and goings of life on the river. Why not soak up the atmosphere of Fowey's annual Royal Regatta? As one of the country's best loved regattas, there are races, music, fireworks and flora dancing to enjoy. If you are a foodie at heart, then the culinary landscape of Fowey is the place to be; from the best local and seasonal food at Appleton's, to sublime views at Sam's On The Beach. Wider south Cornwall has so much to offer, from the world renowned Eden Project and Lost Gardens of Heligan, to the picture perfect coves of Polkerris, Readymoney and away down the coast to Portloe and Portscatho on the unspoilt Roseland Peninsula.
What a lovely property, and in a great location too! The great use of space with the bi-fold doors help bring the outside in - we loved this! Short walk away from gorgeous restaurants if you tire from the beautiful views from the living area (if anyone could!) We will definitely be booking again.
Porth Vu is a luxury split-level apartment located on the first floor of Cobbs Well House. Once a period home within the town, the house has been flawlessly transformed to offer first-class coastal apartments with glorious views of the River Fowey. Upon arrival, sink straight into holiday life as the full height glass facade captures the light and character of the location. The smartly designed George Robinson kitchen offers all you could need and creative chefs will enjoy the inclusive appeal as guests gather at the central island unit whilst dinner is underway. Informal bench style seating and chairs surround the dining table which is a perfect for sunday suppers and for hearty breakfasts (with a river view of course). Relax in the large corner sofa and simply watch the boats go by. The bedrooms are located on the upper mezzanine level where an additional seating area overlooks the social space and also on the ground floor. Each bedroom is dressed in crisp white and cool grey fabrics, offers a contemporary ensuite bathroom and assures of a restful night's sleep.
On Your Doorstep
From the living space, slide back the tri-fold doors for the ultimate inside/outside atmosphere and enjoy the sights and sounds of life on the water. The charm of Fowey is just a short walk down the hill so days can be spent flipping from home to cafes to the beach at Readymoney Cove. This once sleepy town is now alive with bustle from the boutique shops, chic cafes, exhibiting galleries, restaurants and fine dining hotels. Take a gentle stroll along the Esplanade or don your walking boots for the popular Hall walk bringing you neatly back to a local pub. If getting on the water is part of your plans then hire kayaks to explore the creeks and inlets of the river or try your hand at Paddleboarding. From yachts to dinghies, sailing is at the heart of the town and offers quite a spectacle as the Fowey regatta gets underway in August and sailors the world over make the town a welcome stop over throughout the season. Bookworms will recognise the influence for novelist Daphne Du Maurier who resided just across the water. Exploring the south coast is a joy as green rolling headlands plunge into crystal clear water and flank postcard-perfect Cornish coves.
Cornish Gems are delighted to showcase Porth Vu, as perfect for summer stays and winter escapes, this impeccable home is not to be missed.
- From the parking area, there are 10 steps up (with handrail) to the apartment building door, once inside, there are 10 steps to the apartment front door (without a handrail).
- Internally there are 2 steps down to the kitchen/living area and 10 steps up to the first floor ensuite bedroom.
- Choose from three luxury ensuite bedrooms located on the ground and first floor
- Bedroom one: First floor: Super king bed, 33 inch TV, hairdryer
- Bedroom two: Ground floor: Super king zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin if required), 44 inch TV, hairdryer
- Bedroom three: Ground floor: Super king zip/lock bed (this can be set as a twin if required), 44 inch TV, hairdryer
- Each bedroom offers a luxury ensuite with smart fixtures and fittings
- Bedroom one: Walk in shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom two: Walk in shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom three: Bath with hand-held shower over the bath, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Modern fully fitted bespoke kitchen designed by George Robinson
- Electric slide and hide oven
- Induction hob
- Magimix coffee machine for coffee pods with integrated Nespresso milk frother
- Utilities include: Combination washer/dryer, iron with ironing board
- 49 inch Smart TV
- Sonos Arc Soundbar bluetooth speaker
- Ample relaxed seating
- Beautiful river views
- Juliette balcony
- Dining table with chairs and bench seating
- There is an additional seating area for two on the mezzanine level
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- River views
- Travel cot
- One well behaved dog is welcomed, whilst there is no private outside space, dogs can be excercised on the lead within the communal car park
- Private allocated parking for one car with 2 extra visitors spaces available on a first come basis
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- Bedroom one is set in the eaves of the house, whilst private, this room does not have a bedroom door.
Explore Fowey and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Our selection of Cornwall's most remarkable holiday homes, exclusive to us
- Force for Good Independent & local, we do our best by our people, community & environment
- Award-Winning Service A holiday experience like no other curated by our passionate & expert team
- Peace of Mind We put our heart & soul into every detail so making memories takes centre stage