A beautiful light and spacious modern day beach house
Located in the Cornish village of St Merryn, the gateway to the Seven Bays beaches including Harlyn, Trevone and Constantine Bay, Porthilly is an outstanding modern day beach house offering a wonderful sense of light and space against the sea and coastal views backdrop. Once inside, the open plan social spaces have been thoughtfully considered to ensure holiday life flows from inside to outside. Choose from four beautiful bedrooms and enjoy the comfort and luxury of this wonderful holiday home-from-home.
What a stunning property! It was just what we were looking for. Modern and homely with all sorts of little extra touches we weren't expecting. The location was perfect for us in respect of the places that we wanted to visit, so close to the beach for our 3 year old son and perfect for long walks with the dog.I've had the holiday blues since I came back (which never happens). I can't wait to get back to the area for some more exploring and will be definitely booking again. I have already told most of my clients about what a wonderful holiday we have had so thank you very much Cornish Gems.
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
- Hot Tub
Porthilly is a modern detached house set over two floors. Arrive into the hallway and the full height atrium that floods the house with natural light. Lead into the open plan kitchen and dining areas before stepping down into the sunken spacious living room. From breakfasts on-the-go to lavish suppers based around the glut of local produce found in the area, enjoy cooking, eating and spending valuable time together. The living area is the hub to the house where games are played, nights are spent around the fire and summer days are enjoyed flipping to and fro from the garden. The first of four bedrooms is located on the ground floor with an adjacent walk in shower room. A separate snug/study room is as perfect for those guests that need to check in with life in the office or enjoy a workcation as for children to escape adult chit-chat and watch a film or play the Nintendo Switch or retro Sega. The open-tread staircase ascends from the hallway to the light and lofty first floor with three further bedrooms and contemporary family bathroom complete with sunken Jacuzzi bath, wonderfully placed to capture the sunset and sea views. The master ensuite bedroom is a holiday oasis with a super king bed and glorious sea views across the fields through the full height glass doors, leading to a private balcony. Each bedroom offers a fresh white backdrop but has been styled with fun and creative flair.
On Your Doorstep
The garden offers all you could need for a coastal holiday, slide back the full height glass doors and spill out to the grass and terrace where al fresco dining is encouraged at the large table and time under the Cornish sun is spent on the outside sofas with a favourite book. An indulgent hot tub sits atop a raised platform with views across the green fields to the headland and the sea, just imagine a bubbling soak as the sun sets - pure holiday bliss. The energy of the surf, golden sand beaches and breathtaking scenery of this corner of Cornwall offers the most wonderful playground in any season. The Seven Bays is centred around the village of St Merryn and includes Trevone, Harlyn, Mother Ivey’s, Booby’s, Constantine, Treyarnon and Porthcothan each with their own appeal from the open spaces at Constantine to the quieter sheltered cove at Trevone. From the plum location of Porthilly, you really are spoilt for choice. From your holiday door, wander along to a tempting collection of places to eat. Rick Stein's The Cornish Arms for great pub grub, Rafferty's for more bistro style dining and bar-life or simply grab fish and chips to enjoy at home. Padstow is a popular harbour town where you can rub shoulders with local fishermen and choose from a plethora of incredible restaurants including Paul Ainsworth's No 6.
From the halcyon beach days we remember as a child to North Cornwall adventuring - Porthilly is a superb base in the heart of the Seven Bays community.
- Level access from the parking to the front door.
- Level access into the garden, the garden is level.
- One internal flight of open-tread stairs with handrail. There is one step down into the living room.
- Choose from 4 bedrooms located on the ground and first floor.
- Master bedroom: 1st floor: Super king bed, built in wardrobes, private balcony with sea views, ibox radio with wireless charging, Sonos bluetooth speaker, ensuite.
- Bedroom two: 1st floor: King bed, built in wardrobe, privacy glass, dressing table and chair.
- Bedroom three: 1st floor: Super king zip/link bed (this can be set as a twin if required), wardrobe, privacy glass.
- Bedroom four: ground floor: Super king zip/link bed (this can be set as a twin if required), wardrobe, dressing table and chair, iBox radio with wireless charging, Sonos Bluetooth speaker, Smart TV with Sky.
- Master bedroom: Ensuite walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC
- First floor family bathroom: Sunken Jacuzzi bath with sea views, privacy glass, separate shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Ground floor walk in shower, WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
- A modern fully fitted kitchen
- Double electric oven
- Induction hob
- Large fridge and freezer
- Breakfast bar with 5 stools
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- An open plan living, dining and kitchen space located on the ground floor
- Large corner sofa with armchair and foot stool
- Coffee table
- Log burner
- Smart TV with full SKY packages including Disney+, Netflix, Prime Video and Apple TV+
- SONOS with full 5.1 Dolby Atmos Surround
- Bi-fold doors to the garden
- A large oval dining table with 8 high-backed chairs
- A separate snug/study with Sky Glass TV with Nintendo Switch and retro Sega, 2-seater sofa, office desk and chair
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Ultrafast fibre WiFi
- Full access to a guest account on the hardwired PC with three widescreen monitors
- Printer/Scanner/Fax Machine
- Travel cot
- High chair
- Please note that due to the bespoke staircase, there are no stairgates
- Bubbling hot tub within the pagoda - Please note that the water in the hot tub will be changed for each new guest arrival and therefore may take a few hours to come back up to temperature.
- Outside sofa seating with coffee table
- Outside dining table and chairs
- Weber charcoal BBQ
- Two well behaved dogs are welcomed. Secure garden.
- Parking on the driveway for 4-5 cars
- EV charging point (untethered)
- Enclosed secure garden with outdoor lighting
- Large collection of books and games for all ages
- Spectacular artwork from local Cornish artists throughout
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore Padstow / Trevone / Wadebridge and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.