A stylish, open plan family home, for time out on the coast
In an elevated position overlooking the beautiful bay of Porthtowan, north Cornwall, Sunset combines an appealing light and spacious holiday ambiance with smart contemporary style. Rally your family and friends and take time out on the coast. Whatever the occasion this reverse living holiday home offers luxury accommodation for up to 10 guests within 5 spacious bedrooms and offers tranquil views of the coastline and countryside. A large open plan living space fills the first floor ensuring ample space for all the party to unwind and relax into holiday life. The golden sand beach and blue surfing seas of Porthtowan are moments away, this popular bay on Cornwall's North coast is a mecca for surfers and beachgoers offering a wonderful quintessential Cornish vibe.
We have absolutely adored our time at Sunset and will certainly be back. We were less familiar with the Porthtowan area but what a special place it is! The beaches, the surf and the incredible cliff tops gave us so much freedom and choice to explore. The house was perfect and we are already missing those sunsets!
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
Once inside, this sizeable home is flooded with natural light through the glass front facing wall, filling the house with a warming and welcoming atmosphere. The lofty first floor opens out before you on arrival setting the scene for your relaxing holiday by the sea. Set over two floors, the house has been reversed to ensure those jackpot views are enjoyed from the living space. A collection of 5 bedrooms can be found on the lower floor whilst the main entrance and open plan area are on the first floor. Decked out in neutral shades, the living and dining areas offer a versatile space for the group to dine in style or simply enjoy a late breakfast or high tea, the thoughtful layout cleverly separates the areas yet still maintains the great sense of space. The sleek stylish corner kitchen offers an uber-contemporary twist to the room, the budding chef in the party will enjoy the high tech culinary features just perfect for feeding a hungry house of 10 after a day exploring Cornwall. Just off the living area is a separate quiet snug where children can escape the adult chit chat and enjoy a movie or favourite board game. The bedrooms and bathrooms have been equally spaced out on the lower floor accessed via a beautiful wooden central staircase. 5 unique bedrooms each offer a comfortable haven in which to rest, 3 offer garden access and sunny aspect. The contemporary bathrooms have been superbly kitted out with beautiful deep baths and indulgent showers. Throughout the house the owners have flawlessly blended their bespoke style and flair with more modern order ensuring Sunset not only offers a practical holiday home in every way but ensures its guests of luxurious comfort.
On Your Doorstep
As an extension of the house, throw back the bi-fold doors of the living space and enjoy the al fresco ambiance of the wooden veranda offering wonderful views of the lush green fields leading down to the blue seas of Porthtowan beyond. This indulgent space is large enough for children to safely play whilst you relax or sit out and enjoy the mornings papers over a coffee. At either side of the elevated veranda, steps lead down onto a further patio at ground level with outdoor dining furniture and a level grassed lawn. Lazy summer days are spent enjoying the tranquility of the garden whilst the adventurers in the group hit the surf, retire together at the days end on the veranda with favourite cocktail and take advantage of your very own sunset view point.
Just moments from your holiday door the beautiful coastal village of Porthtowan offers something for everyone, the Blue Bar is well worth a visit be it breakfast or slap up supper for the family. Enjoying Blue Flag status, the golden sand beach is fully lifeguarded from Easter to October offering safe swimming for all to enjoy. The coast road leads you up and over the cliffs taking in some of the most beautiful seascapes in the county, enjoy a day trip to cosmopolitan St Ives or head further north to the fishing haven of Padstow.
Sunset offers the perfect base for friends to escape for a long weekend, for families to come together in comfort or simply for smaller groups looking for a tranquil beside-the-seaside home for a while.
- There is a shallow ramp up to the front door.
- Level access from the inside onto the veranda on the first floor. There are 2 flights of 14 steps leading down to the lawn from the upper terrace.
- Sunset is reverse level living with the bedrooms on the lower floor.
- One internal flight of stairs.
- A collection of spacious 5 bedrooms located on the lower level all offering ample clothes storage and luxury facilities including radios and hairdryers
- Bedroom one: Master bedroom. King bed, ensuite, doors to garden
- Bedroom two: King bed, doors to garden
- Bedroom three: King bed, ensuite, doors to garden
- Bedroom four: Super king (zip/lock) bed
- Bedroom five: Super king (zip/lock) bed
- A cloakroom located on the upper floor with WC and wash hand basin
- Bedroom one: ensuite with shower, wash hand basin and WC
- Bedroom three: ensuite with shower, wash hand basin and WC
- Family bathroom with bath, shower over the bath, wash hand basin, WC
- A modern fully fitted kitchen
- Rangemaster cooker with electric oven and electric induction hobs
- American style fridge/freezer
- Ice maker
- Krups Nespresso machine
- Breakfast bar with 6 stools
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- A large open plan living, dining and kitchen space
- Sonos system
- Ample relaxed seating with 2 x three seater sofas and armchair
- Coffee table
- 49" Smart Apple TV
- Xbox, 2 controllers with a recharging unit and 4x games (Battlefront 2, Minecraft, Fifa 2018 and Forza 7)
- Additional snug room with comfortable seating, Smart Apple TV, Sonos
- Large dining table with seating for 10 guests
- Baby friendly - what's included
- Luxury linens and towels included
- Superfast WiFi
- Up to 2 dogs welcomed. There is a seasonal dog ban on Porthtowan Beach from Easter to October 1st between 8am and 7pm.
- TESLA electric car charging point with 7kW power output and type 2 connector compatable with most EV's
- Parking for 3-4 cars off road
- Travel cot
- 3 stairgates. 1 internal and 2 external at the top of the balcony stairs
- Collection of deckchairs
- Large outside dining table and chairs
- Charcoal BBQ
- Office space with ample storage
- Guest safe facility
- Games area within the garage with pool table, table tennis and dart board
- Outdoor hose
- Outdoor shower attachment
- Wetsuit drying rack with hangers
- Office space, including a 24 inch monitor
- Safe storage for bikes or surfboards in the garage.
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore Porthtowan / Portreath and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.