A stylish Cornish cottage created with luxury in mind
Set in the heart of St Ives's character and heritage, The Salt Lodge has been thoughtfully created for a luxury holiday with friends and family. Step out from your holiday door to the bustle of harbour life and Downalong, take in the breathtaking beach scenes of Porthmeor and browse the curio shops and galleries. This split level cottage oozes considered style and offers 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a generous kitchen and dining space and 2 living areas.
We loved The Salt Lodge and would not hesitate to stay again. Beautiful house, perfect location and very well equipped. We were sorry to leave.
- Near the Beach
A warm welcome awaits at The Salt Lodge! Arrive into the hub of the cottage, the open plan kitchen and dining area. This spacious layout is perfect for holiday life as the party gather as a group over fine food and good conversation, the kitchen is fully fitted and packed with everything you could need to create an idyllic Cornish inspired menu. Climb the stairs to the first floor and unwind in the living rooms, the first is a beautiful relaxing space with the finest quality sofas and complementing soft furnishings. Sink into sofas at the days end or enjoy a pre-dinner drink. The second living space offers a welcome break out space for those looking to escape with a good book, children can play safely whilst adults chit chat next door. The second floor is home to two beautiful bedrooms. The family bathroom is also on this floor and adds a contemporary twist to your post beach and surf pamper. Climb the final stairs to the serenity of the master bedroom on the top floor, dressed to impress this light and sunny room invites lazy lie ins and restful nights.
On Your Doorstep
Just outside the front door is a small courtyard with gated entrance, the perfect spot to store your bucket and spades, wellies and wet gear. When it comes to jackpot locations, The Salt Lodge is perfectly placed in the Downalong area. Turn right for the beach and left for the harbour! Porthmeor is the nearest beach and offers golden sand and superb swimming waters, popular with local surfers this the place to take to the waves whether young or just young at heart. St Ives offers so much for all, if eating out is on the agenda then you really will be spoilt for choice from the freshest of fish straight from the bay, more cosmopolitan choices or simple fish and chips on the quay. The galleries and potteries are well worth exploring for the perfect souvenir or dip into cafes and chat with the locals. The West of Cornwall is a joy to explore as the coast road takes you along some of the most beautiful seascapes in the country down towards Land's End and windswept coves. Head over to the South coast for a contrast of scenery with the sheltered sailing waters of Fowey and Falmouth, The Roseland Peninsula or The Lizard Point.
Stay a while within the comfort of The Salt Lodge or enjoy a winter weekend exploring this very special corner of Cornwall.
- Level access from road to front door
- Level outside space
- This property is set over 4 floors
- There are 3 internal flights of stairs
- 3rd floor: Master bedroom with king sized bed, TV, velux windows, ensuite
- 2nd floor: A super king bedded room, TV
- 2nd floor: A twin bedded room, TV
- Master bedroom offers an ensuite shower room, wash hand basin and WC
- 2nd floor: Family bathroom with deep bath, over the bath shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with WC and wash hand basin
- A spacious open plan fitted kitchen and dining area
- Double electric oven
- 6 induction hobs
- Large fridge/freezer (3 drawers)
- 4 slice toaster
- Nespresso coffee machine for coffee pods
- Wine fridge
- Utilities include: washer/dryer, iron with ironing board, clothes airer
- The dining room is located on the ground floor, a beautiful wooden table with 6 dining chairs, CD/radio and ipod docking station
- There are 2 living spaces located on the first floor:
- A more formal living room with 3 seater sofa, 2 seater sofa, coffee table, window seat, 42" TV with DVD, CD player and gas effect fire
- A family room with large corner sofa, window seat and TV - perfect for children to play
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Travel cot and highchair
- Child's step
- The Salt Lodge offers two allocated parking spaces. The parking is located a 15 minute uphill walk away, there are no height or width restrictions but maximum of two cars. The spaces measure as follows: 3000mm by 5360mm and 3000mm by 9400mm. It is of course optional for guests to use this parking space, otherwise Island Car Park is the nearest public car park within a 3 minute walk. Please note that Island Car Park is a pay and display long stay car park.
- The internal staircase is narrow and not suitable for a stairgate.
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore St Ives Town & Beaches and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.