Tregonna House Padstow / Trevone / Wadebridge
- Sleeps 8
- Bedrooms 4
- Bathrooms 2
- Dogs 2
A beautiful manor just 5 minutes from Padstow
With its plum location at the gateway to the North Cornish coastline, Tregonna House sets the scene for a wonderful holiday full of adventure amidst Cornwall's natural playground of beaches, surf and coastal towns. This beautiful private house offers ample living spaces, 4 boutique bedrooms, 2 contemporary bathrooms and an established garden. Tregonna House is located just a 5-10 minute drive from Padstow yet offers ease of access to the North of the Camel Estuary towards Rock, Polzeath and Daymer Bay. The golden sand beaches of Harlyn Bay, Constantine, Treyarnon and Trevone are easily reached and welcome the budding surfers and sports enthusiasts. Rally your family, friends, children and dogs and immerse yourself in Cornish life at Tregonna House whatever the season.
"What a fabulous house, super facilities. Aged between 1 and 70, we all had a wonderful time....definitely gets 5 stars!"
- Dog Friendly
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Tucked away behind the large wooden gates, Tregonna is a majestic slate hung country manor house. Arrive into the central hallway an lead through into the heart of the home, the open plan kitchen and dining area. This beautiful kitchen oozes country style with Cornish slate floor, traditional AGA and chunky wooden scrub kitchen table. Gather as a group and get culinary creative, North Cornwall is firmly on the foodie map with some first class artisan producers from fresh shellfish to Baker Toms bakery, Padstow Kitchen Garden to Padstow Brewing Company. The large dining table is perfect for lunch on the go or simple suppers. Located just off the kitchen is a large utility come boot room where all of your holiday kit can be stowed, there is also a large contemporary double shower wet room (also accessed from the driveway) perfectly placed for a post beach and surf wash down. The living room is separate and offers a quiet escape from the chatter of the kitchen, enjoy a fireside afternoon tea or relax with a favourite film. A sunny conservatory is set just off the living room and provides a further break out space for a morning coffee and daily paper catch up. Finally on the ground floor, a more formal dining room can be dressed for celebrations to remember. A central staircase leads to the first floor where a collection of 4 bedrooms and family bathroom are accessed via the central landing. Each bedroom offers a fresh neutral colour palette with cool whites setting the relaxed ambiance and have been dressed with the finest furniture and furnishings. No less considered, the contemporary bathroom ensures and indulgent pamper after a day on the coast.
On Your Doorstep
The established garden can be accessed via the front door or from the boot room, this wonderful country setting brims with life and colour in the summer months with aged trees providing privacy and shade. A small grassed lawn welcomes children and dogs to play safely and the large wooden gates can be closed to create a safe environment. Tregonna House includes a large outside dining table and chairs where al fresco dining is encouraged. From your holiday door, the Cornish coastline is ready to be explored. Padstow is just 10 minutes drive away and is well worth a visit be it fish and chips on the quay, a slap up supper at Rick Steins or Paul Ainsworth's, a browse around the boutique shops or simply crabbing off the harbour wall as the fishing boats come and go. If beach days are on the agenda then you are well placed with over 7 stunning golden sand beaches including Watergate Bay, Harlyn Bay, Trevone Bay, Constantine Bay and many more. With the Camel Estuary and Atlantic surf nearby, this corner of Cornwall is popular with watersports including surfing, water skiing, windsurfing, kayaking and sailing. The South West Coast path provides some of the most beautiful seascapes in the county and perfect picnic spots! Little Petherick Creek offers a tranquil waterway within walking distance of Tregonna House, follow the lane along the bank of the estuary towards Padstow. The Camel Trail is a must whether young or young at heart, bikes can be hired from Wadebridge and a flat picture perfect ride leads you along the trail.
Whether lazy summer holiday or action packed weekend, Tregonna House adds a true taste of Cornish living and comes highly recommended.
- Please note that the entrance gates to the property are at a slight angle off the road and measure 2m 7 wide. From the driveway there is one small step up to the front door
- The garden is level
- There is one internal flight of stairs with handrail, there is one small step up to the ground floor cloakroom
- A collection of 4 beautiful spacious bedrooms all located on the first floor
- Master bedroom: A king bedded room with wardrobe, 2 x bedside tables with lamps, chest of drawers, relaxed armchair, TV with DVD
- Bedroom One: A king bedded room with built in wardobe, 2 x bedside tables with lamps, chest of drawers, small 2 seater sofa
- Bedroom Two: A twin bedded room with bedside table and lamp, hanging hooks and hangers, chest of drawers
- Bedroom Three: A twin bedded room 2 x bedside tables with lamps, hanging hooks and hangers, chest of drawers
- Family bathroom located on the 1st floor. A large walk in rain shower, seperate bath with hand held shower, double wash hand basins, heated towel rail, WC
- Large wet room located on the ground floor and accessed via the outside or through the kitchen. Double rain showers and wash hand basin
- There is also a ground floor cloakroom with WC and wash hand basin
- A spacious country style kitchen with slate flooring and large wooden dining table
- Oil fired AGA
- Seperate electric oven
- 6 gas hob burners
- 4 slice toaster
- SONOS music system
- Large fridge and freezer (3 drawers)
- Pantry for storage
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board, external washing line, clothes airer
Living and Dining
- A large wooden dining table located in the kitchen with 8 dining chairs
- A seperate formal dining table with 8 dining chairs
- The living room
- 2 relaxed armchairs
- 2 x three seater sofas
- Coffee table
- Traditional woodburner with fireguard
- TV with DVD (not Blue Ray)
- The Conservatory(located just off the living room)
- 2 seater sofa
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Travel cot
- Up to 2 dogs are welcome to stay, house rules apply and a small pet supplement. The garden is secured with a gate to the road and has a natural boundary of hedges and trees.
- Off road private parking for up to 5 cars
- Baby Friendly - What's included
- House landline
- Selection of books and games
- The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
What to Expect
Explore Padstow / Trevone / Wadebridge and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.