A beautiful mill conversion in the heart of The Roseland
Follow the leafy green lanes of The Roseland Peninsula and arrive at the beautiful setting of Treloan Barn, tucked away yet moments from the breathtaking coastline of south Cornwall. Packed with character and rural charm, this once working mill has been sensitively renovated with repurposed materials to offer up to six guests a first-class holiday experience. Three luxury bedrooms, two contemporary bathrooms, open plan social spaces and an extensive garden with sea views ensure ample space for all and an idyllic backdrop in all seasons. From your holiday door, wander down the lane to the south west coastal path and stretch out towards St Anthony’s head and beaches including the white sands of Towan or walk across the fields in just 10 minutes to the fishing village of Portscatho and to Gerrans at the end of the lane where The Standard Inn (new for August 2022) opens its doors for sublime locally inspired food and an uber-trendy Cornish vibe.
Our first visit to The Roseland Peninsula and it will not be our last! We are so pleased to have found Treloan Barn - the perfect base allowing us to explore the area and enjoy the tranquility of Cornwall. We can't wait to return.
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Treloan Barn is a split level stone mill set in an attractive spacious garden. Arrive into the heart of the house on the ground floor, the open plan living, dining and kitchen areas which have been cleverly incorporated around the cogs and wheels of the once working mill, creating a striking feature. The kitchen has been kitted out with everything you could need and with local farm shops, road-side stalls and local grocery shops nearby, your holiday menu will be filled with the best produce Cornwall has. The full height living and dining space offers the perfect layout with full height glass doors on both sides leading to the wrap-around terraces and extensive garden. In the cooler months, feel cosy beside the crackling log burner with a good book and throw back the doors as the sun shines for the ultimate inside/outside ambiance. The master bedroom is located on the ground floor offering private access to the terrace and contemporary ensuite shower room. A practical storage area and cloakroom complete the ground floor layout. Climb the open-tread stairs to the first floor where two further luxury bedrooms promise a good night's rest and the family bathroom ensures a peaceful pamper after a day on the coast. The thoughtfully chosen artwork throughout the house evokes the maritime and coastal nuances of The Roseland Peninsula and attractive cottage interiors blend beautifully with the authentic stone and ironworks of the mill.
On Your Doorstep
Treloan Barn is set in an oasis of rolling lawn, rewilded area of wild flower meadow and paved terraces. From the top of the garden, sit and gaze across the sea views with a morning coffee and follow the day long sunshine from this peaceful location. The terrace is accessed from the living space and wraps around from either side of the barn. Once a watering hole for horses and cattle, the large trough has become an attractive water feature with aqua plants. Holiday days at Treloan are spent flipping from the oasis of the garden to the sea, to the beach, to the charming local villages and to the many local attractions. The Roseland Peninsula enjoys a quieter pace of life from many of Cornwall’s hot spots and remains a serene and unspoilt stretch of the south coast. The charming village of Portscatho is a short 10 minute walk across the fields where guests can enjoy supper at The Plume of Feathers pub, barista prepared coffee on the harbour wall, stock up on groceries at Ralph's, the local shop and enjoy the comings and goings of fishing life as local fishermen haul their pots the traditional way. A short stroll on from Portscatho harbour and you arrive at Porthcurnick Beach. Gerrans is just a 5 minute walk where The Standard Inn offers offers an inspiring menu. Smaller sheltered sandy beaches such as Porthcurnick, Porthbean and Towan (within walking distance) are simply stunning with crystal clear swimming waters and soft sands littered with sea shells. With Cornwall firmly on the foodie map, you are never far from a barista prepared coffee and homemade cake, a locally made pasty for your beach picnic or freshly caught mackerel from The Hidden Hut in Portscatho, just one of the recommended eateries from your holiday door. St Mawes, voted The Times most beautiful coastal town in 2020, is well worth a visit as international yachts take shelter and enjoy Carrick Roads, the stretch of water across Falmouth Bay. River Fal ferries shuttle day trippers over to Falmouth from St Mawes quay and up the river to Flushing and Truro on a high tide. Smart restaurants including the Tresanton and Idle Rocks sit alongside more traditional pubs or simply enjoy fish and chips on the quay.
From open gardens to secluded beaches, miles of coastal paths to iconic headlands, immerse yourself in the natural playground of The Roseland and enjoy an extra-special stay at Treloan Barn.
- From the parking space there is level access to the front door which brings you to the first floor of the barn.
- The garden offers a level terrace and gently sloping lawned area.
- One internal flight of stairs internally and one external flight of stairs externally.
- Bedroom one: Ground floor. King bed, clothes storage, double doors to the terrace, ensuite
- Bedroom two: First floor. King bed, clothes storage
- Bedroom three: First floor. Twin beds, clothes storage
- Bedroom one: Ground floor. Ensuite shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Family bathroom: First floor. Bath with shower over the bath, walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC
- Ground floor cloakroom with wash hand basin and WC
- Enenrgy efficient electric oven
- Energy efficient induction hob
- Large fridge/freezer
- Nespresso coffee machine with starter pack on coffee pods
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- 49 inch Smart TV
- Blu Ray DVD player
- Radio speakers with USB to connect to the TV
- Radio/DAB/CD player
- 2 seater sofa
- 3 seater sofa
- 2 armchairs
- Side tables
- Log burner
- Large wooden dining table with bench style seating and dining chairs
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Outside dining table and chairs
- Ample gated parking on the drive for 4-5 cars
- Travel cot
- Underfloor heating via air source heat pump and battery
- A pressure mounted stair guard provided - due to the nature of the stairs, a gate cannot be fixed securely.
- One well behaved dog is welcomed, although the spacious garden is not completely enclosed, it has a natural hedged boundary in most places and a gated driveway.
- Pod Point electric car charging point. This charger is compatible with 99% of electric cars, including Tesla. Prior to arrival, guests are required to download the Pod Point App and register.
- Lockable storage for bikes, surfboards etc
- There is no BBQ at Treloan but guests are welcome to bring their own
- This change overs are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
Explore St Mawes / The Roseland and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.