NEW for 2023 - An uplifting countryside retreat, close to the North Coast
Fashioned from the owners' passion to create a characterful, back-to-nature retreat, Meadow's Nest is an idyllic haven for all those seeking escape from the everyday. Previously a bustling workshop, the space has been sensitively refurbished using repurposed materials; keeping the use of high-carbon materials to a minimum. From sinking into the copper bath and soaking up the green views, to meeting the cows that frequent the neighbouring fields, Meadow's Nest offers an experience that is totally unique and wholesome. To find out more about the owner's story and design process, you can read our Gems Journal interview here. Suitable for babes in arms only.
We have had a brilliant week staying at Meadow's Nest. It has been a perfect place to relax and unwind and a great base to explore and enjoy the area. 5 minutes walk to Callestick Ice Cream Parlour and 10 minutes to Healey's Cider Farm - what's not to love! We hope to come back soon.
- Dog Friendly
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
- Hot Tub
Wind through the lanes of Callestick and up the sweeping driveway, to the rural haven of Meadow's Nest. The front door leads into the open plan kitchen, living and dining area, where guests can completely unplug from routine. Some conjure up hearty dinners from local produce, others loaf by the fire, or find their way into the suntrap garden. Just off the living area, the bedroom is filled with dreamy details. The deep copper bath looks out over the fields, repurposed features add interest and natural textures, and the sumptuous bed promises the sweetest of dreams. The headboard is made from aged water break wood from the shores of Whitstable, rescued by the owners from a storm, and the wash stand is a repurposed Singer sewing machine base, handed down to the owner from her mother. Throughout the seasons, the thoughtfully designed outside space provides a uplifting sense of peace, seclusion and wellbeing; a place to fall into some mindful relaxation. Warm up in the hot tub under starry skies - chatting away the nights - and find your zen on the yoga deck. At the end of the garden a yoga/writing studio complete with mats, heating, Wifi and a desk is an ideal spot for working from home or flowing through your vinyasa.
On Your Doorstep
Immersed in a green valley, Meadow's Nest is as much a place to truly unwind and hunker down in, as it is a base for exploring the country trails that start on the doorstep, and sweeping sands that lie just moments away. From Meadow's Nest, there are a number of lanes and footpaths to head out on - guests can even take the three-mile amble to Perranporth Beach, which attracts walkers, surfers, and families with its reliable swells and popular beach bar. The beaches of Perranporth, Holywell, Crantock and Polly Joke welcome dogs to play and run all year round, and are just a handful of the beautiful north coast beaches within easy access. Pretty much on your doorstep, Callestick Ice Cream Farm Cafe and Healeys Cider Farm are well worth a visit for local Cornish produce and year-round events. And if dining out is on the agenda, you really are spoilt for choice. Nancarrow Farm offers rustic feast nights with hearty plates of seasonal produce, The Summer House at Perranporth is dog friendly - serving up food as delicious as the sea view - and The Taphouse in St Agnes has a brilliant, vibrant atmosphere. From the famous 7 bays, to the lively town of Newquay, the north coast is yours to explore, and the south coast is just a 30 minute drive away.
- There are two steps up from the parking area to the front door.
- There are two steps down from the living area to the outside space, and a further 2 steps down to the decking from the slated area.
- King size bed
- Built in wardrobe
- Bedside tables
- Bath tub with views over the fields
- Wash hand basin, which sits on an antique Singer sewing machine table with hand-cut slate
- The bath, shower and separate WC is located within the bedroom
- The Freestanding copper bath tub has wonderful views over the surrounding farmland
- The shower is a walk-in rain shower with additional hand held attachment
- Ensuite WC with wash hand basin
- Neals Yard toiletries
- Energy efficient built in Bosch oven
- Induction hob
- Bialetti stove top coffee pot
- Dualit kettle
- Google nest
- Kitchen bar with two stools
- Utilities include: Energy efficient washing machine, iron and ironing board, clothes airer.
- Eco design log burner
- 34" LG Smart TV
- Spacious corner sofa and pouffe
- Coffee table
- Kitchen bar with two stools
- Dog blankets in the drawer under the sofa
- Vibrant artwork by local artist Laurie McCall
- Double glass doors which lead out to the back garden.
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Parking for two cars
- Underfloor heating
- Ground pond heating source
- Separate studio with a desk, yoga mats, wifi and a heater - a lovely space for practicing yoga or working from home
- Outdoor yoga deck
- Solar panelled string lights
- Charcoal BBQ available on request, to be used on the stone terrace only (not the deck)
- Two-seater hot tub with built-in Bluetooth speaker - Please note that the water in the hot tub will be changed for each new guest arrival and therefore may take a few hours to come back up to temperature.
- Relaxed outdoor seating with table
- Outdoor shower with separate hand held attachment - perfect for muddy paws!
- Travel cot and high chair
- Welcomes one dog
- Local Delabole slate (origionally used on site for water troughs and agricultural buildings) has been used throughout Meadow's Nest
- FSC approved timber cladding
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- The owner lives next to Meadow's Nest
Explore St Agnes / Perranporth / Callestick and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.