A stunning abode elevated high above the bay
This architect designed, reverse-level, luxurious chalet enjoys an enviable location on Hawkes Point - Carbis Bay (less than 2 miles from cosmopolitan harbour town St Ives). This stunning property has been cleverly crafted, resulting in a high end holiday home that accommodates up to 4 guests. The Chalet offers 2 en-suite bedrooms, panoramic coastal views and a state-of the-art kitchen. The exterior is a striking combination of apex windows and burnt larch timber cladding.
Stunning, secluded property with superb views and only minutes on the train into the centre of St Ives and amazing restaurants - cannot recommend enough.
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
The reverse-level layout of The Chalet ensures the top floor open-plan living/kitchen/dining space is a vantage point, benefitting from the large apex windows showcasing the fabulous coastal views that lie beneath. No expense has been spared with the kitchen, a fully integrated Siematic kitchen fitted with truffle grey units complemented with white Corian worktops and grey floor tiles. The living area is finished with lime washed solid oak engineered flooring and is furnished with quality furniture and variety of lighting options. Downstairs there is a separate WC and 2 en-suite bedrooms which also boast those breathtaking coastal views.
On Your Doorstep
High atop the cliff at Hawkes Point, Carbis Bay - The Chalet offers the perfect slice of luxury Cornish living. As it's nestled on the coast path, the golden sands and turquoise waters of Carbis Bay and Porthkidney beaches are acessible within a 5-10 minute walk (Porthkidney is 2 minutes down the path in front of the property). The cosmopolitan harbour town, St Ives - bursting with shops, galleries and array of restaurants is only a few miles walk away. 5 minutes walk along the coastal path from The Chalet you can pick up the slow moving branch line train from Carbis Bay to St Ives. The journey takes around 4 minutes and you get to sample some breathtaking scenery along the way. The Chalet offers a versatile sleeping arrangements suitable for couples or small families. Whatever your vice enjoy Cornwall's playground from action packed days on the water to moorland explorations, return to your holiday sanctuary just in time for a well earned sundowner from your very own vantage point. The Haven (sleeps 10) is also located on Hawkes Point, so for party sizes of 14 - both properties could be rented together.
- From the road parking area, approx 300 yds down the hill to the rail crossing and access to the property
- Decked outside space, level from ground floor
- Due to the exclusive position, cars cannot park directly outside property
- One internal flight of stairs
- Two double bedrooms - one king size, one zip & lock that can be separated upon request to create 2 x 3ft single beds. Both bedrooms offer bedside cabinets with lamps, wardrobes, wall mounted flatscreen TV's, en-suite facilities and sea views across Porthkidney beach
- Both en-suite bathrooms offer shower cubicle with raindrop shower, wash hand basin and heated towel rail
- There is a separate WC downstairs
- Fully integrated and well equipped kitchen with mushroom grey gloss units complemented with white worktops
- Electric oven and hob
- Wine cooler unit
- Kettle & toaster
- Instant boiling hot water tap
- Nespresso coffee machine
- Utilities include washer/dryer, iron and ironing board
- Sumptuous L-shaped sofa
- Coffee table
- Flatscreen TV with Sky TV
- Blu-ray DVD player and Play Station 4
- SONOS speaker
- Breathtaking views across Porthkidney beach
- Juliet balcony
- Dining table and high-back dining chairs for full occupancy
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Travel cot
- Stairgate for use on the ground floor
- Sun deck with wicker rattan furniture
- Outdoor wooden table with chairs
- All utilities, linen, towels and guest soaps included
- ACCESS STATEMENT: Due to the exclusive position of The Chalet, parking is available on a private road approx 5 minute walk from the property, please note this parking is on a first come first serve basis
- Access to this gem of a property is down a steep hill, across a railway branch-line and a 50 metre coast path walk.
- Although there is direct access to Porthkidney beach below (at low tide), the coast path and steps have deteriorated.
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- Please note that whilst The Chalet does not welcome pets, the owners do bring their dog during their stays and therefore this Gem is not part of our pet free collection.
Explore Carbis Bay / Lelant and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.