A spectacular coastal residence with unrivalled sea views
Your very own 'beside the seaside' haven, Cornwall style.... From its striking interior design to the commanding cliff top setting, when it comes to holiday homes, as the name suggests, this impeccable and exquisite property truly is an illustrious haven. Effortlessly stylish with inspired luxury features, this home has been thoughtfully created for those that demand nothing less than the very best. Five inspiring en-suite bedrooms, state-of-the-art kitchen, decked terrace with indulgent six person cedar hot tub.
The Haven is, without doubt, the best place we have ever stayed. Our guests were absolutely blown away by the location and standard of accommodation and have even requested we make it an annual visit!
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Hot Tub
Architecturally crafted and interior designed, a fusion of cool muted shades cleverly combine with more vibrant hues. The solid oak floor and pillars add an almost deck-like feel to the living area, whilst contrasting polished floors and smart clean lines showcase the contemporary twist. The spacious and open plan living space offers versatility for your party, invite the outside in - embracing the superior ocean views as you draw back the glass doors. Choose from five sumptuous, en-suite bedrooms each uniquely presented and designed with luxury in mind. The master bedroom boasts a deep stone bath strategically placed at the foot of the bed, overlooking the mesmerising and enviable sea views that lie beneath. Sink under first class duvets to the sound of the sea and awake revived from a good nights rest.
On Your Doorstep
The exterior of the property is equally as impressive as the interior, a large wrap around decking area leads from the large full height glass doors of the living space with small grass area. High atop the cliff at Hawkes Point, Carbis Bay, The Haven offers the perfect slice of Cornish living from the golden sand beaches that flank the point to the laid back coastal vibe of the oversized decking area complete with panoramic Atlantic views. The large cedar hot tub is an essential part of The Haven life and perfect way to get the celebrations underway amidst those uninterrupted beach and sea views set to impress. The cosmopolitan hubbub of St Ives (Cornwall's most popular harbour town), bursting with shops, galleries and array of restaurants is only 1 mile away. 5 minutes walk along the coastal path from The Haven you can pick up the slow moving branch line train from Carbis Bay to St Ives. The journey takes around 4 minutes and you get to sample some breathtaking scenery along the way. The Haven offers a versatile home to invite the family, rally your gang of friends or escape for a romantic weekend. Whatever your vice, enjoy Cornwall's playground from action packed days on the water to moorland explorations and return to your holiday sanctuary and your very own vantage point. The Haven undeniably will be one of the finest holiday homes you'll ever have the pleasure of staying in.... Your very own 'beside the seaside' sanctuary. The Chalet (sleeps 4) is also located on Hawkes Point, so for party sizes of 14 - both properties could be rented together.
- A slope down to the coastal path then coastal path access to the house
- Level access to the decking area, steps down to the grass area
- Due to the exclusive position of The Haven and the branch trainline crossing, there is allocated parking for one car located approx 3 minute walk from the property. Additional parking is available on the nearby roads in Carbis Bay.
- Internal flight of stairs
- Every bedroom has bespoke oak furniture with complimentary Farrow & Ball colours, soft cosy cashmere or merino wool throws, oak wall mounted mirrors, white leather chairs, beautifully designed, driftwood/pebble lamps which reflect the nature and situation of the property and en-suite bathrooms. The drape fabrics used in every room have been carefully selected and hand finished to the highest standard. The bedrooms offer superior quality beds with healthopedic mattresses and have been carpeted using a light, textured woven carpet
- Ground floor bedroom offers: double bed, hanging rail, wall mounted Samsung TV, small set of drawers, two bedside tables with lamps and those fabulous views of Porthkidney beach and Godrevy
- The master bedroom offers: king size bed and large oval stone bath with a soft natural stone backdrop at the foot of the bed, offering stunning views overlooking Porthkidney beach and across to Godrevy. Other features of the master bedroom include built in double wardrobe, a chest of drawers in cream and wood, dressing table with white leather chair and a matching bedside table, 2 wall mounted mirrors, Samsung flatscreen TV, iPod/iPhone docking station, driftwood and pebble feature lamps and en-suite bathroom. All of the furnishings in this room are soft and light, echoing the natural aspects of the landscape. Soft wave textures enhance the curtains and cushions, sand and aqua tones are subtle and warm, giving the room it's dreamy appeal. This room has a lime washed wood Amtico floor and Velux roof terrace windows which lead out onto the decked balcony. The master bedroom also offers en-suite facilities
- The second bedroom is a double room and offers: king size bed, double wardrobe in a cream and wood finish with matching bedside tables (with two driftwood/pebble feature lamps) and two chests of drawers. There is also a wall mounted mirror, Samsung flatscreen TV, iPod/iPhone docking station, en-suite bathroom and a glass door providing access to the decked balcony and those stunning views
- The third bedroom is a twin room which offers a versatile sleeping arrangement by way of zip & lock beds. These can be made up as two single beds or they can be zipped together to create a large 6ft super king size bed. Please note these beds will be made up as singles unless otherwise specified at the time of making your booking. Facilities in this room include a stylish wall length headboard in a bold orange colour, double wardrobe, chest of drawers and bedside cabinet, all in a matching duck egg blue and wood finish, wall mounted mirror, Samsung flatscreen TV and en-suite bathroom
- The fourth and final bedroom on this level is another twin room, again with zip & lock beds. This room will also be made up as two single beds so please advise a member of the team if you require this to be made up as a 6ft super king size bed. Bedroom 4 has a beautiful apex window with soft luxurious curtains which beautifully frame the exceptional views out to the garden. Bright coloured cushions in this room add a fun and contemporary twist. Features in this room include a double wardrobe in a cream and wood finish, matching desk and bedside cabinets, white leather desk chair, 2 white pebble feature lamps, wall mounted wood mirror and Samsung flatscreen TV. This bedroom offers fabulous views across Porthkidney beach and across to Godrevy and also has an en-suite bathroom
- Across the hallway from bedroom 1 is the downstairs shower room offering a double shower, wash hand basin, toilet, wall mirror and chrome heated towel rail
- Master bedroom en-suite bathroom offers a large double shower, wash hand basin, toilet and heated towel rail
- Bedroom 2 en-suite bathroom offers shower with raindrop head, wash hand basin, toilet and chrome heated towel rail
- Bedroom 3 en-suite bathroom offers shower with raindrop head, wash hand basin, toilet and chrome heated towel rail
- Bedroom 4 en-suite bathroom offers bath with raindrop shower overhead, wash hand basin, toilet, chrome heated towel rail and chrome wall mounted vanity mirror
- Fully integrated kitchen with Neff appliances
- Double oven with separate grill
- Large fridge and separate freezer
- Plenty of cupboard space
- Instant boiling hot water tap
- Nespresso Vertuo Plus coffee machine for larger coffee pods
- Central island unit with integrated induction hob and cupboard/drawer space.
- Separate utility room with Hotpoint washing machine and separate tumble dryer, hoover, iron/ironing board and all the essential utilities you may require
Living and Dining
- Open plan kitchen, living and dining area
- Large sofa
- 75 inch wall-mounted LG Smart TV with BT TV box
- The dining area offers: a large dining table with 10 leather dining chairs in chocolate brown.
- Architect designed coastal residence
- Uninterrupted panoramic views
- Cedar 6 person hot tub - Please note that the water in the hot tub will be changed for each new guest arrival and therefore may take a few hours to come back up to temperature.
- Sun deck with sun loungers
- Charcoal BBQ
- Tiered garden
- Cot and highchair
- The Haven won the title of 'Best Individual Dwelling 2013' at the LABC Regional Building Excellence Awards
- Access to this gem of a property is down a steep hill, across a railway branch-line and a 20 metre coast path walk.
- Although there is direct access to Porthkidney beach below (at low tide), the coast path and steps have deteriorated.
- This is a Cornish Gems serviced property. The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed in-house by the Cornish Gems team.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
What to Expect
Explore Carbis Bay / Lelant and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.