Top 20 things to see, eat and do in Cornwall this summer
From good old fashioned bucket and spade beach days to days spent messing about on boats, the footprint of Cornwall’s breathtaking landscape offers the very best backdrop to create your luxury holiday.
Whether your Cornish Gems holiday is days away or you’ve still a few weeks to get planning and packing, map out your days on the Cornish coast with our recommendations. With our fingers firmly on the pulse of all things Cornwall, our Gems team share their top 5 tips to help you make the most of your luxury Cornish holiday including secret spots, cool cafes and unique Cornish experiences.
A taste of the region
Cornwall is firmly planted on the foodie map so we heartily encourage you to get stuck in. Create your own gourmet picnic with local produce from the many farm shops, make a waterside reservation to feast on the freshest seafood or simply grab a traditional pasty (award winning of course). Here’s our top 5 cafes and restaurants for the hottest tables in town …
- Porthmeor Café Bar, Porthmeor, St Ives
- Café Mylor, Mylor Harbour, Falmouth
- The Fish House, Fistral Beach, Newquay
- Sams On The Beach, Polkerris, nr Fowey
- Strong Adolfos, Wadebridge
No trip to Cornwall is complete without a dip in the oh-so-blue seas that flank the high cliffs, rolling headlands and golden sand beaches. Whether you prefer to be on the water or to dive right in, here’s our recommendations to make the most of your saltwater adventures.
- Stand Up Paddle-boarding (SUP) with Ocean High , Marazion
- Kayaking with Koru Kayaking , Falmouth
- Surfing with King Surf, Mawgan Porth
- River trips with Fal River
- Learning to dive with the Cornish Diving Centre
Take only photos, leave only footprints. Escape the buzzing hot spots (just for the day) and discover magical corners of Cornwall the guide books often don’t mention – shhh.
- Nanjizal, nr Land’s End
- Rinsey Cove, nr Porthleven
- The Molunans Beaches, The Roseland Peninsula
- Lundy Bay, nr Port Isaac
- Lantic Bay, Polperro nr Fowey
A new Cornish experience
Return home having mastered the waves, crimped the perfect pasty or captured your seascape on canvas. Cornwall offers a host of day courses for those looking for a little more than the sea and sand culture.
- Philleigh Way cookery school, The Roseland Peninsula
- Cornish Cruising day sailing, Falmouth
- Newlyn Art School, Newlyn
- Fused glass creative workshops, nr Fowey
- My Fish Kitchen, Falmouth
With a wealth of verdant countryside, healthy appetite for all things foodie, stunning seascapes, rolling surf and beautiful beaches – make the most of your time in Cornwall this summer (and don’t forget to plan your next trip too to discover even more …)