Please read the following information.
At Cornish Gems Limited we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Cornish Gems Limited of Carne House, Western Extension, Threemilestone Industrial Estate, Threemilestone, Truro, Cornwall. TR4 9LD.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Nadia Macer-Wright.
Information we may collect from you:
When you make a booking on this website, we will collect certain personal data about you and about any other person you include on your booking. The sort of personal data we collect will be information such as name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth and personal travel preferences. We need to collect this information in order to arrange your holiday accommodation and any other services you are requesting.
If you make a purchase from us, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
We may also collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.cornishgems.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion we have sponsored or which is featured on our site, and when you report a problem with our site.
- If you subscribe to receive our email newsletters from us (although you can opt-out of such emails at any time).
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and if you contact us by phone we may monitor, and/or record phone conversations for training and customer service reasons.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them and we will be clear about what information we are collecting and how the data will be processed.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How we use your information:
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To administer and improve this website
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you in line with those you have previously expressed an interest in via our website, by email or telephone
- To process a booking
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- For dealing with entries into a competition
- To seek your views or comments on the services we provide
- To send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you
- For our internal purposes including statistical or survey purposes, quality control, site performance and evaluation in order to improve our website
- To enable you to participate in interactive features of the
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you made an enquiry or purchase with us, your personal data may be used by us to contact you via email, telephone, text or post with information and offers relating to products or services similar to those about which you enquired or which you purchased.
We will only do this if you have not opted-out of such marketing either at the point where we collected your contact details; by contacting us on any of the contact details below, or by updating your preferences in your guest account (if applicable).
How long we keep your information for:
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. If you have made a booking or enquiry with us we will keep your information for up to 3 years from the date of your last correspondence, or guest account activity.
If you have subscribed to our email newsletter you will remain subscribed until such time as you unsubscribe. You can unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of any newsletter.
Who has access to your information?
We will not pass your contact details to a third party for marketing purposes unless you have agreed that we may do so.
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agent subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf. Such service providers include email and digital marketing agencies and our payment processing company.
When we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own marketing purposes.
When necessary, and inline with our booking conditions, we may also pass your contact details onto the owner of the property you stayed at.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email email@example.com or write to us at Cornish Gems, Carne House, Threemilestone Industrial Estate, Truro, TR4 9LD.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If Cornish Gems Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets
- To assist in providing the goods or services you may order from us
- As otherwise set out in this policy, or as set out by our website terms and conditions of use and/or our terms and conditions of hire.
Cookies also allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings. In addition, you can use the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on to disable tracking by Google Analytics. We will use the data provided by Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to develop the site and content around our users' interests
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.