A tranquil and charming escape just minutes from the harbour
A warm coastal welcome awaits at Sanderling, Padstow. Set along the banks of The Camel Estuary with fabulous views across to Rock and Porthilly, this beautiful detached home has been thoughtfully styled and furnished with luxury in mind. Whilst only 12 minutes walk from the hustle and bustle of the harbourside Sanderling is extremely quiet. The house offers a spacious layout for holiday life with large living and dining spaces, a modern kitchen, four generous bedrooms and a charming coastal inspired garden with decked terrace and rear lawned area. One well behaved dog is welcomed.
Wow - what a fantastic holiday home with a lovely 'family' feel. We loved the decor, the views, the showers and the sociable kitchen. Perfect location near to the harbour and Camel Trail but so quiet. We came with young adults and it was fab! Thank you Sanderling we loved it!
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
Once inside, Sanderling exudes a cool coastal style from the nautical palette of fresh white and marine blue hues to the relaxed furnishings and spacious holiday layout. Arrive to a beautiful central hallway which leads through into the hub of the house, the open plan kitchen, dining and snug area. With Padstow firmly on the foodie map in Cornwall, enjoy self catering in style as you get creative in the modern kitchen using only the very best of Cornish produce including artisan breads, local meats and of course fresh shellfish plucked straight from the estuary. The dining table can be dressed to impress or offers an informal setting for lunches on the go or family suppers. A quieter relaxed snug area is set away from the main sitting room ensuring a touch of tranquility as holiday life buzzes around the house. The large sitting room is separate to the open plan spaces with ample seating for all, this versatile room can be enjoying in all seasons from cosy afternoons by the fire in cooler months to sunny days as you gather for pre-dinner drinks perhaps. A ground floor cloakroom completes the ground floor. A central staircase leads to the first floor with a collection of 4 large boutique style bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. Each bedroom has been thoughtfully styled with fresh azure blues and soft shades of pink inspired by the breathtaking estuary views.
On Your Doorstep
Sanderling, Padstow offers a wonderful outside ambiance with a charming coastal inspired garden. From both the sitting room and the open plan kitchen, dining and snug area, throw open the double doors to the decked terrace complete with large dining table and chairs and a further all weather sofa seating area. From Spring to Summer the garden brims with life and colour from the Cornish Agapanthus to the fragrant lavender bushes which flank the pebbled pathways. To the rear (and accessed from the kitchen) is a raised lawn area and superb place for children to play and explore. Sanderling lies in an enviable location just a hop, skip and jump from the banks of the Camel Estuary and surrounding tributaries including Little Petherick Creek. Wander from your holiday door to the waters edge in moments and capture the ever changing views from low to high tide, follow the Camel Trail either on foot or hire bikes in Padstow and follow the trail as it hugs the water along towards Wadebridge, perfect for all ages and abilities. The harbour of Padstow is a short walk away and has so much whatever the holiday timetable! Hop aboard the Jubilee Queen in the summer months and enjoy a trip out to view the coastline and marine life, take in a fast fun fuelled speedboat ride or simply explore the souvenir shops. If dining out is a family favourite pastime then you really are in good hands, Padstow offers some of the best restaurants in Cornwall including Paul Ainsworth's No 6 or Rojanos, Rick Steins seafood restaurant and bistro or choose an al fresco option of fish and chips on the quay in true Cornish style. The golden sand beaches of Trevone, Harlyn, Constantine and Tregirls area ll well worth exploring or catch The Black Tor ferry over to Rock and walk along to Daymer Bay or even Polzeath.
Check in to Sanderling, Padstow and immerse yourself in the coastal way of life in all seasons.
- There are 6 steps up from the driveway to the front door
- Level access onto the garden terrace, there are 4 steps down to the lower garden at the front and 7 steps up to the lawned area at the rear
- One internal flight of stairs
- Choose from 4 beautiful bedrooms set over the first floor
- Master bedroom: A king bed (5ft), 2 x bedside tables with lamps, chest of drawers, wardrobe, chair, ensuite, estuary views
- Bedroom One: Twin beds (3ft), bedside tables with lamps, chest of drawers, hanging hooks with hangers, estuary views
- Bedroom Two: A king bed (5ft), 2 x bedside tables with lamps, built in wardrobe, chest of drawers, armchair, ensuite, garden views
- Bedroom Three: Twin beds (3ft), bedside table with lamp, chest of drawers, built in wardrobe, garden views
- Master ensuite - 1st floor - Large shower, two wall hung wash hand basins, heated towel rail and wall hung WC
- Bedroom Two: 1st floor - Ensuite shower room, wash hand basin, WC
- Family bathroom - 1st floor - Freestanding oval bath, large separate shower, heated towel rail, large wall hung double vanity unit, wall hung WC
- Second family bathroom - 1st floor - corner shower, large wall hung wash hand basin, heated towel rail and wall hung WC
- Cloakroom - ground floor - Wash hand basin and WC
- A fully fitted modern kitchen
- Electric oven
- Induction hob
- Larger style fridge/freezer (3 drawers)
- Double doors to rear garden
- Utilities include: washing machine, tumble dryer, iron with ironing board
- A large living room with double doors to the terrace and estuary views
- 2 x 3 seater sofas
- 2 relaxed armchairs
- Coffee table
- Smart TV and DVD player
- Bose CD player
- Effect fire
- A snug area off the kitchen with leather 2 seater sofa, armchair and coffee table
- A large dining table within the kitchen with bench seating and dining chairs
- Outside dining table with 8 chairs
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Wi Fi
- Travel cot
- Stairgate x 1
- Charcoal BBQ
- Large porch for surfboards etc
- Buckets & spades
- Outside shower
- Large outside garden table & 8 chairs
- 3 seat Rattan sofa, armchairs and coffee table
- Walk into Padstow
- Access to the Camel Trail
- Parking within the driveway for 3-4 cars (please note this driveway is shared with the neighbouring property)
- 1 well behaved dogs welcome.
- The property changeovers, welcome gift and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Welcome gift includes: Smugglers Brew tea, Smugglers Brew coffee, Furniss biscuits, Roddas milk, 4 x scones, Roddas clotted cream, strawberry jam, seeded sourdough bread, Cornish butter, Cornish eggs, flowers and more.
Explore Padstow / Trevone / Wadebridge and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.