Polsue Farm House
Polsue Farm House St Mawes / The Roseland
- Sleeps 8
- Bedrooms 4
- Bathrooms 4
A stunning country abode on The Roseland Peninsula
Follow the winding country lanes of The Roseland Peninsula and arrive at Polsue Farm House where nature takes centre stage and magical holidays are created. Experience off the beaten track tranquility at this truly breathtaking, refurbished abode and enjoy the luxury of the location as you flip from rural to coastal in no time. Offering all you could need and more, choose from four beautiful bedrooms, four country inspired bathrooms, and several spaces in which to relax and host families and friends. The garden is an oasis of botanical plants with a patchwork of terraces, paddocks, lawns and fields in which to spread out and explore. Settled into The Roseland Peninsula, West Cornwall, discover the quintessential coves of Portloe and Portholland, the fishing heritage of Mevagissey and the smart town of St Mawes all just a short drive away.
Cornish Gems is pleased to present Polsue Farm House - an exquisite home from which to explore The Roseland Peninsula.
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Polsue Farm House is an exquisite country house set over two storeys and has been thoughtfully, creatively and lovingly created for holiday groups of up to eight guests. Arrive into the spacious hallway that runs the length of the house, cleverly knitting the bedrooms and social spaces together. Throw off your shoes and your coats at the door and step into your very own holiday haven. The hub to the house has to be the oh-so wonderfully spacious and enticing kitchen dining and lounge area with views of the garden and rolling valley in the distance. Modern appliances blend well with the country appearance of the green kitchen making it an easy option to self-cater with pure indulgence. Fresh vegetables and meat from the local farm shops, local wines and ales from Cornwall and of course the freshest of seafood from Curgurrell Farm combine to create lip-smacking holiday menus. The kitchen lounge area is as perfect in summer with the doors open to the terrace as for autumn stays with the log burner crackling. A separate living room offers a respite from the buzz of the kitchen and is a tranquil space to sit and read, to enjoy pre-dinner drinks or gather on the comfortable sofas to watch a good film. For those guests needing to check in with the office, the snug room can double up as a place for children to play games or somewhere quiet to work for a while. A ground floor cloakroom and separate utility room complete the ground floor layout. The central staircase leads from the hallway up to a collection of three bedrooms and three bathrooms. Each bedroom has been dressed to impress with an individual colour palette, the very best bespoke furniture and the most stylish of fabrics and soft furnishings and attractive artwork from Cornish artists. A second staircase from the hallway leads to the master suite with a gorgeous super king bed, walk-in dressing room, enviable ensuite bathroom and dreamy rural views across the garden towards the valley.
On Your Doorstep
With almost nine acres of land, Polsue Farm House really does offer a wonderful sense of space. The owners have enjoyed unearthing the once forgotten garden finding hidden treasures and pathways. Established trees, rose beds, botanical tree ferns flank the lawns and paddock where children can freely and safely roam, and an area of the garden has been rewilded. From the kitchen lounge, pull back the full height doors to the spacious elevated terrace which looks over the garden and offers a tempting place to dine al fresco from sun up to sun down, soak up the Cornish sun or wrap up in a blanket with a favourite book. When it is time for adventures then the natural playground of The Roseland Peninsula is ready for you all. The nearest beaches are just a short 6-7 minutes drive away at Caerhays where the soft sands meet crystal clear sheltered waters under the watch of the attractive Caerhays Castle and to Portholland, again a fabulous soft sandy beach. The beach cafe at Caerhays offers pop up suppers in the summer or enjoy year round hot chocolates with the works and delicious beachside food. Follow the coast road up the south coast to the characterful fishing village of Mevagissey where traditional fishing boats still haul their catch daily. Quieter waters encourage watersports in the area from kayaking the waterways of the River Fal, Paddle boarding from the harbours, sailing in the Carrick Roads, snorkeling and so much more. Local pubs are scattered throughout the area and offer a taste of the county and you are never far from barista prepared coffee and homemade cake.
Whether you seek an adventurous retreat, somewhere tranquil far from the madding crowds or an extra-special haven in which to create your holiday highlife, Cornish Gems highly recommends a stay at Polsue Farm House.
- There is level access from the parking area to the front door.
- Level access from the inside onto the terrace.
- The garden is set over various levels with pathways leading to lawns and fields.
- Two internal flights of stairs (leading to the collection of bedrooms on the first floor. There are also a few steps down from the entrance to the hallway and again down to the ground floor cloakroom.
- Please note, due to the size of the grounds, a gardener will attend each week, please call the office for further information.
- Choose from four luxury bedrooms located on the first floor
- Bedroom one (master): Accessed via a private staircase, super king bed, ample clothes storage with walk in dressing room, Juliet balcony, SONOS, ensuite
- Bedroom two: (Oak bedded room) King bed, clothes storage
- Bedroom three: (Yellow room) Super king zip/link (this can be set as a twin if preferred), clothes storage, SONOS speaker, ensuite
- Bedroom four: (Blue seaweed room) Super king zip/link (this can be set as a twin if preferred), clothes storage, ensuite
- Bedroom one (master): ensuite rainfall shower, double wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom three: ensuite rainfall shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Bedroom four: ensuite rainfall shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Family bathroom: Deep bath with shower over the bath, double wash hand basin, heated towel rail, WC
- Ground floor cloakroom: wash hand basin and WC
- A wonderful fully fitted country kitchen with open plan dining and kitchen lounge.
- Wolf double gas oven
- French hot plate and griddle
- Built in microwave and warming drawer
- Large fridge/freezer
- Additional fridge located in the utility room
- Nespresso coffee machine for coffee pods
- Utilities include: energy efficient washing machine and tumble dryer, iron with ironing board, and air dryer
Living and Dining
- There are three relaxed areas at Polsue Farm House including the kitchen lounge, separate living room and separate snug/office area
- KITCHEN LOUNGE:
- 58 inch Smart TV including Sky with SONOS and Soundbar
- Large corner sofa and armchairs
- Log burner
- LIVING ROOM:
- 58 inch Smart TV with SONOS and Soundbar
- Sky with entertainment package
- Three seater sofa
- Four seater sofa
- Log burner
- 46 inch Smart TV
- DVD player
- Three seater sofa
- Collection of games, jigsaws and toys
- Luxury linens and towels provided
- Fibre broadband
- Pet free
- Off road parking for 4-5 cars
- Travel cot
- Outside garden furniture
- Gas BBQ available from April - October
- Outside table tennis available from April - October
- Indoor table football
- Underfloor heating via a ground source heat pump
- Water sourced from a private bore hole
- 9 acres of land to explore
- The nearest beaches are Portholland and Caerhays Beach, all within 6-7 minutes drive
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of welcome gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
What to Expect
Explore St Mawes / The Roseland and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.