A characterful family home with panoramic views of the Cornish coast
Perched high atop the dramatic cliffs of the North Cornwall coastline, Barretts Zawn offers a quintessential Cornish ambiance and unrivalled location. Once a forgotten working mill, the house has been transformed to create a luxury holiday home-from-home where up to 10 guests can relax and re-energise. The house is set over 2 floors with the reverse style living accommodation ensuring the ever changing vistas are perfectly captured through the large window frames. This thoughtful yet stylish home is centrally located to enjoy some of Cornwall’s finest coastal harbour towns including Padstow and Port Isaac, the most beautiful of golden sand beaches including Polzeath and Trebarwith Strand and of course the very best in Cornish hospitality. Barretts Zawn welcomes up to 2 dogs.
The house is so comfortable and every detail has been thought of, cooks will definitely enjoy the kitchen. This was our eighteenth year in Cornwall and it has never before been so pleasurable. We were warm and cosy and able to totally relax. A great place for the soul.
- Dog Friendly
- Sea Views
- Near the Beach
- Wood Burner
Set just off the beaten track; follow the lane down to where the land meets the sea. Barretts Zawn is a striking slate hung house set over 2 floors. Original slate slab steps lead up to the farmhouse door welcoming you into the beautiful open plan living/kitchen and dining space. This lofty room with exposed beams showcases the jaw dropping views perfectly through the large panoramic windows leading the eye away up the coast and out to the Atlantic rollers. The kitchen is at the gable end of the room and offers a creative environment to prepare some of Cornwall’s finest ingredients from the freshest of seafood from the quay at Port Isaac to the artisan bakers of nearby farmshops. The large kitchen table can be dressed up for celebrations or is a relaxed space for children to play or a lazy breakfast, the corner banquet seating allows seating for up to 10 easily. The living room is where friends and family come together, ample comfortable seating and welcoming ambiance. The bedrooms are located on the ground floor and accessed via the staircase from the living room; choose from 5 spacious rooms each with their own unique style and luxury twist. The master bedroom is worthy of any boutique hotel with indulgent super king bed and in-the-room deep oval bath set under the window. Each of the other stylish bedrooms have wonderful sea views and offer a luxury haven at the end of the day, sink under the finest linens and bed ware. The bathrooms are contemporary in style ensuring a welcome pamper after a salty and sandy day on the coast. Throughout the house the style and design evokes the cool coastal vibe of Barretts Zawn, cleverly blending the original features of the house with more modern order including fast fibre broadband.
On Your Doorstep
The house sits within an established garden and is beautifully maintained. Colourful hydrangea and fushia flank the steps to the front door whilst the evergreen hedge offers shelter from the sea breezes. A large lush green level lawn is on the lower level and can be accessed from the ground or first floor. Large slate slabs create a beautiful sitting area with chunky wooden dining table and garden benches. Soak up the sunshine and capture the views from your sun lounger or pour yourself a favourite cocktail as the sun sets in the bay. If you can bear to leave the haven of your holiday home then head out to explore some of Cornwall’s most breath taking scenery. Hit the coastal paths and stretch out towards Trebarwith Strand, try your hand at surfing the Atlantic waves at nearby Polzeath, cycle the Camel Trail along the estuary to Padstow or head to the south coast for quieter sailing waters and picture perfect coves. If you are an avid Doc Martin viewer then you might recognise the sights of Port Isaac.
Barretts Zawn offers a versatile home whatever the season and whatever the occasion. A private home to escape the hubbub of city life and relaxing family home created with Cornish comfort in mind.
- From parking area there are 5 steps to front door
- Gently sloping to the side of the house leading to lower patio area
- Reverse level living
- Internal staircase leading to ground floor, additional 2 steps along the ground floor corridor
- Choose from 5 beautiful bedrooms each found on the ground floor
- Master bedroom: A unique circular room with zip and lock super king bed, built in wardrobe, 2 x bedside tables with lamps, day bed, chest of drawers, armchair, flatscreen TV with surround sound
- Bedroom One: Super king bed (this is a zip & lock bed), day bed, chest of drawers, built in wardrobe, 2 x bedside tables and lamps
- Bedroom Two: Super king bed (this is a zip & lock bed) with chest of drawers, 2 x bedside tables with lamps and hanging hooks
- Bedroom Three: Twin bedded room with chest of drawers, 2 x bedside tables with lamps and hanging hooks
- Bedroom Four: Super king bed (this is a zip & lock bed) 2 x bedside tables with lamps, chest of drawers and built in wardrobe
- All of the bathrooms are located on the ground floor
- The master bedroom has a beautiful in-the-bedroom deep oval bath with hand held shower and his and hers double wash hand basin and heated towel rail. This room has a separate private toilet.
- Family bathroom with bath, separate large rain shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and toilet
- Bedroom Four has an en-suite rain shower, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and toilet
- A further wet room with large rain shower, toilet and wash hand basin
- A lovely country kitchen with ample space for a party of 10
- 3 oven electric AGA with 2 hot plates
- 2 electric hob burners
- Microwave with grill
- Larder style fridge/freezer with 3 drawers
- 4 slice toaster and kettle
- Cafetiere and Delonghi filter coffee machine
- Utilities include: A seperate utility room on the ground floor with a washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board
Living and Dining
- A large wooden kitchen table with banquet seating and 4 chairs
- Outside wooden table and garden benches
- 6 seater comfortable corner sofa
- 3 seater sofa
- Large footstool
- Large wooden coffee table
- Modern free standing wood burner
- Built in corner seating with cushions
- Deep window seat
- Large flatscreen TV with DVD
- CD Player and iPod docking station
- Log burner
- There is a fixed wooden stair gate at the top of the stairs
- Up to 2 dogs are welcome at Barretts Zawn. A pet supplement and house rules will apply
- Wooden highchair
- Travel cot
- Central heating
- Excellent WiFi
- Luxury linens and towels provided
Weber charcoal BBQ
- Kadai Fire Pit
- Off road parking for up to 4 cars
- The access to Barretts Zawn is via a country track with grassed middle path, this is made up road but uneven in places
- A selection of books and games for all ages
- Port Issac is approx 5 minutes away by car
- The nearest beach is Port Gaverne 2 miles away
- The nearest country pub is The Cornish Arms in Port Isaac, 1.5 miles away or within Port Gaverne, The Port Gaverne Inn
- There is a gated entrance to Barretts Zawn
- The property changeovers and maintenance are managed by the property owner.
- Cornish Gems and the property owner provide a choice of Welcome Gift for our guests. For more details on the options available please click here.
- The mobile phone signal strength is average depending on the network however, the Wifi is excellent via fibre.
What to Expect
Explore Rock / Polzeath / Port Isaac and the surrounding area...
Experience 200+ Luxury Holiday Cottages
- Exclusive Portfolio Hand-selected Gems ready for you to fall in love with.
- Quality Assured Exacting standards and quality at the highest level.
- First Class Service Excellent customer service and local travel experts.
- Peace of Mind Exceeding safety standards so you can rest and relax easy.